• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DRV3 LS Upgrade

FantaRin_The_First

Username Only
Hey, hey; Fanta here! I bought a new DRV3 Calc that gets into a CRT... Due to all of the folks that helped moi; @Dalesean027, @Psychomaster35, @Antvasima, and @KLOL506

No shame in getting helped in fixing mistakes, or at least that is what I think, and I thank you, everyone! ... And for everybody else, here is the calc.

TLDR: Shuichi obtains Class 10 LS

Cuz of this a lot of people flat-out scale above this feat due to the feat in question being done by Shuichi, and the people below are undoubtably stronger than him by a great deal.

Tenko Chabashira
Maki Harukawa
Kirumi Tojo
Gonta Gokuhara
Kaito Momota
Ryoma Hoshi
Post-Upgrades K1-B0

... And of course, the Existal(s) also get Class 10 LS... too much of a bother to link to all five of their pages, tho.

People down here are folks who I am not sure would scale to Shuichi or not... Mostly due to them not really showing any notable physical feats but Shuichi isn't really physically impressive in-story, so... A Possibly/Likely Class 10 LS Rating for everybody who isn't in the above, isn't Pre-Upgrade!K1-B0, and the Monocubs/Monokuma?

Kokichi Oma
Angie Yonaga
Miu Iruma
Tsumugi Shirogane

That's about it.

Hey, hey; Fanta here! I bought a new DRV3 Calc that gets into a CRT... Due to all of the folks that helped moi; @Dalesean027, @Psychomaster35, @Antvasima, and @KLOL506

No shame in getting helped in fixing mistakes, or at least that is what I think, and I thank you, everyone! ... And for everybody else, here is the calc
Indeed if you don't know something you've gotta start from somewhere and that's bu asking questions that said

Tenko Chabashira
Maki Harukawa
Kirumi Tojo
Gonta Gokuhara
Kaito Momota
Ryoma Hoshi
Post-Upgrades K1-B0

... And of course, the Existal(s) also get Class 10 LS... too much of a bother to link to all five of their pages, tho
These guys would be At least Class 10 LS since we know for sure they're all around for sure stronger than Shuichi

So I agree there and honestly I have no clue about these guys
As you said keebo aside since everyone absolutely scales above him pre-upgrades these 4 tho I mean I'd say a possibly rating is probably warranted

Looking at it, I see the logic and why. All looks good I think.

The for sure scaling is fine, and I think possibly works for the others.

Do I have enough approval for this to be applied to chars profiles? This is a minor CRT, and doesn't really affect AP or Dura, but idk.

Maybe ask for 1 more staff eval but then again considering this is applying a calc to what's essentially already accepted scaling I doubt it'd need any more

There's an issue here. Ignoring the fact this entire thing is absolutely just gameplay mechanics, and even in game you need to power up your friendship bonds in order to move something that heavy. And the fact that in the gameplay we see he isn't lifting objects he's smacking/slapping them away. Which is Striking Strength.

Shuichi struggles with things that weigh far less than Class 10.

He struggles to do push ups, which would do nothing for someone who has Class 10 lifting strength. Not only that but Shuichi, Koichi, Himeko, and Kiyo struggle to lift a statue that weighs 175 pounds when working together. Though I admit to not knowing what is says in Japanese, but I doubt it'd be Class 10 level of weight.

Him and Koichi also struggle to lift a iron cage together. While I don't remember a stated weight, we know it weighs less than the statue. As Koichi was struggling with the statue weight far more, despite having two extra people helping with lifting it. And admits that he isn't super strong like he said and was a lie he shouldn't have said.

Koichi seems to struggle with it more than Shuichi, who does admits to it being heavy, but isn't sweating like him. But the 175 pound statue was obviously heavy for all four of them together, as they're are straining. Even Maki admits the statue is heavy, and she's on the stronger side when it comes to the students.

Lifting Koichi up with one arm and easily doing push ups without any trouble.

Gonta lifts up that manhole cover with his fingers. Which is seen as absurd to everyone, despite the fact that apparently Shuichi is capable of lifting 7 metric tons or over 15000 pounds? This doesn't even come close to Shuichi's feat yet is treated as being superhuman.

This "feat" is highly inconsistent with what we're shown anywhere else. And even people stronger than Shuichi don't perform such feats.

Gameplay mechanics is most likely, at worst this an outlier. Know that I find the thought of ignoring an actual stated weight for an object they struggle to lift and instead use a feat in a heavily stylized moment in gameplay to be rather silly.

There's an issue here. Ignoring the fact this entire thing is absolutely just gameplay mechanics, and even in game you need to power up your friendship bonds in order to move something that heavy. And the fact that in the gameplay we see he isn't lifting objects he's smacking/slapping them away. Which is Striking Strength.

Shuichi struggles with things that weigh far less than Class 10.

He struggles to do push ups, which would do nothing for someone who has Class 10 lifting strength. Not only that but Shuichi, Koichi, Himeko, and Kiyo struggle to lift a statue that weighs 175 pounds when working together. Though I admit to not knowing what is says in Japanese, but I doubt it'd be Class 10 level of weight.

Him and Koichi also struggle to lift a iron cage together. While I don't remember a stated weight, we know it weighs less than the statue. As Koichi was struggling with the statue weight far more, despite having two extra people helping with lifting it. And admits that he isn't super strong like he said and was a lie he shouldn't have said.

Koichi seems to struggle with it more than Shuichi, who does admits to it being heavy, but isn't sweating like him. But the 175 pound statue was obviously heavy for all four of them together, as they're are straining. Even Maki admits the statue is heavy, and she's on the stronger side when it comes to the students.

Lifting Koichi up with one arm and easily doing push ups without any trouble.

Gonta lifts up that manhole cover with his fingers. Which is seen as absurd to everyone, despite the fact that apparently Shuichi is capable of lifting 7 metric tons or over 15000 pounds? This doesn't even come close to Shuichi's feat yet is treated as being superhuman.

This "feat" is highly inconsistent with what we're shown anywhere else. And even people stronger than Shuichi don't perform such feats.

Gameplay mechanics is most likely, at worst this an outlier. Know that I find the thought of ignoring an actual stated weight for an object they struggle to lift and instead use a feat in a heavily stylized moment in gameplay to be rather silly.
Welp, let's see if I am any good at this...

For the friendship bonds thingy, I explicitly acknowledged its existence in my calc, but decided that it didn't factor into much, considering the feat was done by Shuichi when it was explicitly shown that everybody else was gone to do their own thing in order to find what they needed for the last trial. The video I used that was measured also showed that the piano itself went soaring upwards, and that Shuichi himself was in front of the piano, and that there was debris behind it while it was stuck in a tight corridor that wouldn't really allow him to strike it anywhere else.

For the story-stuff, well, that is a good point, but... just as you use the gameplay card, I can call upon the story card.

In Danganronpa alone, we are supposed to ignore the fact that an average lucky boy can survive a large fall without a notable injury; a bookworm and a simp of a mechanic can shrug off explosions happening to them at extreme close range, and so forth. It is a mystery game, after all, so it has to portray a lot of its characters as strong as "normal people" could be - with expectations here and there.

Like this phenomenon has happened before- story writers, a lot of the time, don't really understand the implications of feats and the math behind them.

There also the fact that it is explicit that Shuichi needs to move the objects to progress, is what allows other characters to enter places that they hadn't been in before, and - if it were just game mechanics - the objects themselves would respawn after Shuichi exits or enters a new place/room, but they remain permanently none-the-less.

It's weird, yes, but there are things that goes against it from being an outlier/game mechanics; namely, the fact that it is needed for Shuichi to move stuff to progress, the things that he moves aren't respawned unlike the other things that Shuichi moves in previous chapters, it is done repeatedly throughout Chapter 6, the friendship bond mechanic seems to be just a mechanic itself as there are quite a few times in which Shuichi moves a bunch of debris without any one of his friends close by to help out.

And again... A lot of the time, video game writing-slash-writers-in-other-works generally don't get how superhuman things are until somebody puts it together in numbers.

Oh wow I didn't even know about these happening then yeah I can definitely see where you're coming from especially with Maki saying that's hard to lift
Welp, let's see if I am any good at this...

For the friendship bonds thingy, I explicitly acknowledged its existence in my calc, but decided that it didn't factor into much, considering the feat was done by Shuichi when it was explicitly shown that everybody else was gone to do their own thing in order to find what they needed for the last trial. The video I used that was measured also showed that the piano itself went soaring upwards, and that Shuichi himself was in front of the piano, and that there was debris behind it while it was stuck in a tight corridor that wouldn't really allow him to strike it anywhere else.

For the story-stuff, well, that is a good point, but... just as you use the gameplay card, I can call upon the story card.

In Danganronpa alone, we are supposed to ignore the fact that an average lucky boy can survive a large fall without a notable injury; a bookworm and a simp of a mechanic can shrug off explosions happening to them at extreme close range, and so forth. It is a mystery game, after all, so it has to portray a lot of its characters as strong as "normal people" could be - with expectations here and there.

Like this phenomenon has happened before- story writers, a lot of the time, don't really understand the implications of feats and the math behind them.

There also the fact that it is explicit that Shuichi needs to move the objects to progress, is what allows other characters to enter places that they hadn't been in before, and - if it were just game mechanics - the objects themselves would respawn after Shuichi exits or enters a new place/room, but they remain permanently none-the-less.

It's weird, yes, but there are things that goes against it from being an outlier/game mechanics; namely, the fact that it is needed for Shuichi to move stuff to progress, the things that he moves aren't respawned unlike the other things that Shuichi moves in previous chapters, it is done repeatedly throughout Chapter 6, the friendship bond mechanic seems to be just a mechanic itself as there are quite a few times in which Shuichi moves a bunch of debris without any one of his friends close by to help out.

And again... A lot of the time, video game writing-slash-writers-in-other-works generally don't get how superhuman things are until somebody puts it together in numbers.
This is also a fair point so I'll remain neutral for now

Shuichi in canon cannot lift things over 175 pounds is a fact. It isn't just a statement but a feat we see. There is no getting around this fact.

You cannot ignore such a thing with such a baseless claim. This is a gameplay moment that is NEVER mentioned once in by the characters. No mention of having to move large object, and in fact object less heavier than what you smack away are able to block your path. Such as when the secret door in the library is destroyed by Keebo, and Himiko is stuck in the room. Despite the rubble not being any bigger than the rubble Shuichi can smack away before, it isn't possible to get through.

And once again, Shuichi isn't lifting anything. The game shows it has a slap/smack effect which flings it away. That is Striking Strength and cannot be used for Lifting Strength. So this is a AP feat at best, not a LS feat. You cannot ignore the fact the game shows a smack/slap, and say he's actually lifting it because you say so.

This moment is never mentioned and is nothing more than gameplay. You need to provide actual proof that this is actually happening in reality and he's meant to be doing this for real. We don't accept gameplay feats like this unless there is no other choice. Especially when it contradicts everything else shown previously.

Saying author's don't know isn't an excuse. With that logic you can excuse most kind of outlier feat. We don't appeal to author unless there is an author statement. We don't assume anything about what the creator is thinking.

Hm. I guess this thread can be locked or smth? Idk. I just thought the feat I calc'd was enough for it to be a LS feat and thought it didn't seem to be limited to gameplay. You win some, you lose some, I suppose.

Hm. I guess this thread can be locked or smth? Idk. I just thought the feat I calc'd was enough for it to be a LS feat and thought it didn't seem to be limited to gameplay. You win some, you lose some, I suppose.
Even without the gameplay as im seeing from the LS stuff Rusty posted that would've definitely been a large outlier so yeah it just simply wouldn't have worked in the context of v3 since the stuff he sent are direct anti-feats to LS

True, true. Now if I only would get an answer if I could scale UTDP/USC V3 characters to the mainline Danganronpa calcs due to them existing in the same universe as them or keep them limited to V3's own calcs this fast.

True, true. Now if I only would get an answer if I could scale UTDP/USC V3 characters to the mainline Danganronpa calcs due to them existing in the same universe as them.
What, that's easy to answer.

Just make another key or profile for their alternate universe self and scale them to the mainline cast. Since the only difference in this world is that the killing games never happened. Would be better if the game had its own feats, but the feats from the mainline Danganronpa should still work.

Unless everyone in the mainline games only became super strong because of the killing games, which isn't something that is implied so...

Yeah scale them to the mainline games. They aren't the same characters from the main V3 so them scaling shouldn't be an issue. At least I don't see any issue with it.

What, that's easy to answer.

Just make another key or profile for their alternate universe self and scale them to the mainline cast. Since the only difference in this world is that the killing games never happened. Would be better if the game had its own feats, but the feats from the mainline Danganronpa should still work.

Unless everyone in the mainline games only became super strong because of the killing games, which isn't something that is implied so...

Yeah scale them to the mainline games. They aren't the same characters from the main V3 so them scaling shouldn't be an issue. At least I don't see any issue with it.
My intent was mainly to add UTDP/USC keys to everybody, honestly. Granted, I would stay with V3 first, DR1 second, and DR2 last, but meh. Off-topic talk. Thanks for the confirm, tho. Will probably have the user_blog not start for a bit, tho. Gotta figure out who among the V3 cast should scale to the 8-B rating and who should scale to the 9-B, 9-A Rating.

My intent was mainly to add UTDP/USC keys to everybody, honestly. Granted, I would stay with V3 first, DR1 second, and DR2 last, but meh. Off-topic talk. Thanks for the confirm, tho. Will probably have the user_blog not start for a bit, tho. Gotta figure out who among the V3 cast should scale to the 8-B rating and who should scale to the 9-B, 9-A Rating.
Feel like people like Maki or Gonta scale to 8-B.

Back