• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
And none of them were actually with Shuichi at the time during the feat. I am thoroughly sure that everybody else weren't with Shuichi to help him. So there is some chance that it could scale to him, plus, the game shows it has a slap/smack effect which flings it away, which is definitely a striking strength feat that can be calced.
The whole thing is about getting helped to move debris, not destroy, as for example his Bond level increased of 1 when Maki joined him, and so on until he reached Lv 4 where he could move the heaviest debris with all the surviving cast.

Not to mention that we see the piano simply moving away from the screen, and not being destroyed, supporting again the idea that is just pushed away from the path, meaning that Shuichi did not destroy anything. Feat seems also extremely reliant on game mechanics anyways as the animations in the overworld are extremely limited, so I don't think is even a realistic potrayal on how it actually happened, so there are waaay too many factors to make it a feat lol.

Don't know if these change anything, but these are basically all the power Art Book statements:
Big right hand: He has superhuman strenght, to the point he can effortlessly pick up a manhole cover with a single hand. But Gonta would never hurt a person!

He is Kind but Strong: His biological family is an old noble family and the family who raised was a pack of wolves. He keeps making personal efforts in order to make himself an upstanding man that prouds both of his families, focused on the keyword “gentleman”. He prides himself on his kind honesty, never suspecting others. Then after living in the woods for 10 years, his physical abilities were upped perhaps to the extreme and now he gained superhuman strenght! No ordinary high school student can pick up a metal manhole cover with two fingers and casualy throw it. Such a monster gentleman is invincible!
Plain Body: When it comes to cosplaying a wide range of characters, having curves too wide can sometimes be counterproductive and you can hear many ingenious tricks to purposely make your chest look smaller, bigger, etc. Good thing she’s was born with a plain, moderate body, perfect for cosplaying.
Abs: Her body, intensely trained by her mysterious self-styled martial art (Neo Aikido) and her superhero activities at night, is the shining point of her fashion disaster style. Girls are freely allowed to touch it (girls only).
Body: It may look slender, but she’s actually stronger than most men. She’s so well-trained a training some amateur came up with does nothing to her. Where does she hides her muscles in a body this thin?

Training? Easy!: At first, Momota opened the nightly training sessions to train Saihara’s heart. When the circunstances made everyone avoid Harukawa, she gets involved in Momota’s meddling and becomes more participative little by little! She actually better built than most athletes, so Momota makes a fool out of himself when he brags that he won’t take it easy just because she’s a woman and she does all her push-ups with no difficulty and went back to her room immediately… “Just 100 push-up is nothing”, she’s so cool!

Harukawa’s Full Power!: Harukawa drew a line between herself and the other students and doesn’t open up, stay just at her Lab’s door strongly pushing away anyone who comes even close. The trouble-loving Ouma, sniffed out that she was constantly hiding a huge secret… Revealing the secret at the critical moment to fan the flames is part of his job as a criminal who acts for fun after all. Harukawa gets heated up and rushes without thinking to stop Ouma’s breath! Even Chabashira gets ghastly at her movements and she’s no amateur in martial arts. Ironically, that revealed her true talent before Ouma could.
Legs: Legs trained to perform the miraculous footwork that supports Super High School Level tennis plays. He is nimble almost to the point of teleport, according to Gonta.

User of Shukuchi: Hoshi became a member of the Saishuu Academy as the Super High School Level Tennis Player. According to his fellow middle school tennis player Momota, he was actually considered a hero by the other tennis brats. He was already that famous at the time. His physical capabilities are something to look out for, specially with his Shukuchi technique. It’s a moviment technique that allows him to instantly close the distance between 2 points, almost like teleport. It’s one of the proofs he deserved his Super High School Level title. Dodging Gonta’s terrifyingly powerful invitation to the Insect Meet-and-Greet and escaping intact is an impressive feat. But what fate awaited Saihara, who was left behind…!?
Muscles: Although he drove Saihara to do the night training, he is not doing any big exercises himself. He actually never finished his 50 sit-ups nor his 100 push-ups!

Again, even so, nobody is there. You can't say that the cast is helping him move debris when literally nobody is with him.

Perhaps, but it is still a feat regardless of limited animations, or the fact that it isn't realistic. I am also not arguing that the piano was destroyed, we don't ever see it destroyed in the first place. It was still smacked/slapped away in a timeframe that can be measured and I have a possible mass for it, so I can type that in a kinetic energy calculator and get a possible results.

It is worth a shot, at least.

Don't know if these change anything, but these are basically all the power Art Book statements:
Big right hand: He has superhuman strenght, to the point he can effortlessly pick up a manhole cover with a single hand. But Gonta would never hurt a person!

He is Kind but Strong: His biological family is an old noble family and the family who raised was a pack of wolves. He keeps making personal efforts in order to make himself an upstanding man that prouds both of his families, focused on the keyword “gentleman”. He prides himself on his kind honesty, never suspecting others. Then after living in the woods for 10 years, his physical abilities were upped perhaps to the extreme and now he gained superhuman strenght! No ordinary high school student can pick up a metal manhole cover with two fingers and casualy throw it. Such a monster gentleman is invincible!
Plain Body: When it comes to cosplaying a wide range of characters, having curves too wide can sometimes be counterproductive and you can hear many ingenious tricks to purposely make your chest look smaller, bigger, etc. Good thing she’s was born with a plain, moderate body, perfect for cosplaying.
Abs: Her body, intensely trained by her mysterious self-styled martial art (Neo Aikido) and her superhero activities at night, is the shining point of her fashion disaster style. Girls are freely allowed to touch it (girls only).
Body: It may look slender, but she’s actually stronger than most men. She’s so well-trained a training some amateur came up with does nothing to her. Where does she hides her muscles in a body this thin?

Training? Easy!: At first, Momota opened the nightly training sessions to train Saihara’s heart. When the circunstances made everyone avoid Harukawa, she gets involved in Momota’s meddling and becomes more participative little by little! She actually better built than most athletes, so Momota makes a fool out of himself when he brags that he won’t take it easy just because she’s a woman and she does all her push-ups with no difficulty and went back to her room immediately… “Just 100 push-up is nothing”, she’s so cool!

Harukawa’s Full Power!: Harukawa drew a line between herself and the other students and doesn’t open up, stay just at her Lab’s door strongly pushing away anyone who comes even close. The trouble-loving Ouma, sniffed out that she was constantly hiding a huge secret… Revealing the secret at the critical moment to fan the flames is part of his job as a criminal who acts for fun after all. Harukawa gets heated up and rushes without thinking to stop Ouma’s breath! Even Chabashira gets ghastly at her movements and she’s no amateur in martial arts. Ironically, that revealed her true talent before Ouma could.
Legs: Legs trained to perform the miraculous footwork that supports Super High School Level tennis plays. He is nimble almost to the point of teleport, according to Gonta.

User of Shukuchi: Hoshi became a member of the Saishuu Academy as the Super High School Level Tennis Player. According to his fellow middle school tennis player Momota, he was actually considered a hero by the other tennis brats. He was already that famous at the time. His physical capabilities are something to look out for, specially with his Shukuchi technique. It’s a moviment technique that allows him to instantly close the distance between 2 points, almost like teleport. It’s one of the proofs he deserved his Super High School Level title. Dodging Gonta’s terrifyingly powerful invitation to the Insect Meet-and-Greet and escaping intact is an impressive feat. But what fate awaited Saihara, who was left behind…!?
Muscles: Although he drove Saihara to do the night training, he is not doing any big exercises himself. He actually never finished his 50 sit-ups nor his 100 push-ups!
Hm, I wonder if it possible to scale Maki to Tenko with this stuff...

You can't say that the cast is helping him move debris when literally nobody is with him.
I literally can, unless Shuichi is powered from simply being near people.
Perhaps, but it is still a feat regardless of limited animations, or the fact that it isn't realistic.
No.
It was still smacked/slapped away in a timeframe that can be measured and I have a possible mass for it, so I can type that in a kinetic energy calculator and get a possible results.
Except you see that piano coming towards the screen, how is that supposed to make sense if Shuichi was pushing it away?

Hm, I wonder if it possible to scale Maki to Tenko with this stuff...
Harukawa gets heated up and rushes without thinking to stop Ouma’s breath! Even Chabashira gets ghastly at her movements and she’s no amateur in martial arts. Ironically, that revealed her true talent before Ouma could.

I believe that's an implication of them being at least comparable yeah.

So how would the others help if Himiko is trapped inside of the mastermind's room, Maki and Tsumugi explicitly stated and showed to be not traveling with Shuichi, and Keebs going out to buy more time for the group.

They can not help Shuichi if they aren't with him.

Also, to answer your question... Animation quirk, and gameplay limitation.

If you can't accept that, I can say that the action Shuichi is doing to move stuff is stated to be smacking objects, like here for example, it is also stated to be smacking in the DR Wiki. Listed as slapping in other places, like here, but.. there is some evidence that Shuichi isn't pushing, but physically hitting objects away.

... Really have to make that user blog soon.
I believe that's an implication of them being at least comparable yeah.
Nice.

Also, unrelated, but I think we should remove sub-sonic speed from almost everyone. Like... it comes from Kaito saving Kokichi from getting hit by a crossbow bolt fired by Maki at a close range, ye? But we only see the action in the trial 5 comic, and we don't get to see how far Kaito was from Kokichi and whatnot. There also isn't a calc for it.

... Expect for Maki, tho, I think. She does have that moving faster than one's eyes could track feat at the end of trial 2, ye? I think that is enough for baseline sub-sonic speeds, but could be wrong.

Also, weirdly, Kirumi has guns and a wooden pole in the range section of her profile... despite not having them in her standard equipment section, or never actually been seen with one in-game.

Also, weirdly, Kirumi has guns and a wooden pole in the range section of her profile... despite not having them in her standard equipment section, or never actually been seen with one in-game.
I swear I remember her using a wooden pole before.

I don't ever remember Kirumi using guns, though...

Shuichi still can't move those at all without the Bond level. Aka, is all just Game Mechanics, given that the animation essentially makes this thing uncalcable too, as people do not move objects in that way.

So the feat still can't be applied anyway.
Also, unrelated, but I think we should remove sub-sonic speed from almost everyone. Like... it comes from Kaito saving Kokichi from getting hit by a crossbow bolt fired by Maki at a close range, ye? But we only see the action in the trial 5 comic, and we don't get to see how far Kaito was from Kokichi and whatnot. There also isn't a calc for it.
We should remove that if that never happened.
... Expect for Maki, tho, I think. She does have that moving faster than one's eyes could track feat at the end of trial 2, ye?
Link for that?

That feat should still be Subsonic since Kaito intercepted it after it was fired (Crossbow bolts are subsonic)
U6UH9wy.gif

And Ryoma's definitely faster than Maki

The wooden pole was what she used to knock out Ryoma before drowning him, the guns are probably because she states in her Free Time Event her master provides her “tools” to take out those kidnappers, though that’s complete bs and should be removed

Here. Granted, it stated that to Shuichi, Maki moved so fast that he couldn't see her. But with the thing that Adem bought, which more or less stated that it was the same for Tenko... More proof for subsonic V3?
The wooden pole was what she used to knock out Ryoma before drowning him, the guns are probably because she states in her Free Time Event her master provides her “tools” to take out those kidnappers, though that’s complete bs and should be removed
But she only used it once, and it was literally just some random pole that was nearby. Also, agreed.
That feat should still be Subsonic since Kaito intercepted it after it was fired (Crossbow bolts are subsonic)
U6UH9wy.gif

And Ryoma's definitely faster than Maki
Huh. Learn something to new everyday. Also, on another note, Maki literally has no range section in her profile. I am not kidding, it isn't there.
Shuichi still can't move those at all without the Bond level. Aka, is all just Game Mechanics, given that the animation essentially makes this thing uncalcable too, as people do not move objects in that way.
Welp, worth a shot.

Here. Granted, it stated that to Shuichi, Maki moved so fast that he couldn't see her. But with the thing that Adem bought, which more or less stated that it was the same for Tenko... More proof for subsonic V3?
No timestamp.
Welp, worth a shot.
I heavily doubt that'll be accepted lol.
Probably just the flamethrowers that folks can get hit by is the only thing that is 9-B worth.
You mean this? They're not even hit from that. And that's not 9-B anyway.
Explosions are too small, and we don't see how far people fall to get anything from that.
Explosions should still be 9-C which would be an upgrade
They're still knocked out from these, so they won't scale. And those affect even Gonta and Kirumi. So unless they all scale to the same 9-B explosions, no.
There's also the Electro-Hammer version where they can all send cages flying
And with these they can instantly open doors which require a lot of effort normally. They're just sending them back to the original position as they're de-activated from what the hammer does. So again a non-feat.

3:14:41 to 46. Probably isn't enough, but it makes the whole sub-sonic Kaito feat weird, imo.

And that's up for CGMs to decide in the end.

3:14:41 to 46. Probably isn't enough, but it makes the whole sub-sonic Kaito feat weird, imo.
Is called supporting feats my lad. Maki feat is baseline Subsonic here.
And that's up for CGMs to decide in the end.
Yeah, no, forget about upgrading V3 basing on such game mechanics. Unless you think that Shuichi can make objects shrink in size until they disappear, no. He can't also made that flying away as there was literally a wall in the direction where that was sent to.

Also I legit can't care less if CGMs accept it or not. They still are not aware of the context and thus can be perfectly wrong about feats.

Considered.

Oh ye. One more thing. Why does Upgraded Keebo have Class 1 LS for kicking down an Exisal? Isn't that a Striking Strength feat?

Add that to the OP, when you can. That, and the fact that Kirumi scales to Gonta, due to what is said in her profile, and Maki, at least, scales to Tenko, due to the artbook.

Don't they scale if they survive?
Surviving does not mean scaling. We don't scale to the impact of cars.
Plus they're fine a few seconds later
No. Once they're hit they can't continue. Makoto is different as he wasn't truly damaged from that.

Plus, would lead to some circular logic as they scale all to the same thing that knocks out even Gonta despite the superiority of him.

No. Once they're hit they can't continue. Makoto is different as he wasn't truly damaged from that.
Neither were the V3 cast. Makoto had an entire dream sequence after that fall
Plus, would lead to some circular logic as they scale all to the same thing that knocks out even Gonta despite the superiority of him.
Gonta can be superior without being tens of times stronger
Also I don't really understand why K1-B0 being potrayed as pretty weak means his feat is an outlier and not that V3 cast are just stronger?

Back