• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dreams Verse Creation

Hello everyone. This is Seed. Currently there is a 'verse' that I've been wanting to incorporate into VSBW for the longest time... Dreams. It's effectively a collaborative platform that allows you to create games, animations, movies, and anything in-between effectively. It has it's own lore such as the Imps being the source of everything that happens in Dreams (more specifically it's creations)
  • The main question I am asking is if Dreams would be allowed onto the site. We have had issues with fiction of similar nature before, considering it's really similar to collaborative fiction, especially if creators work together on projects within Dreams, and Dreams is effectively that, but focused on games, movies, and other such.
  • The other reason is because I'm unsure if we'd make profiles for the Dreamiverse to take place under one verse, or have each specific creation in Dreams count as their own separate verse.
  • I'm also uncertain what to do with Imps, as they are the source of all possible creations in Dreams in-canon, so making a profile for them and their capabilities seems like an arduous task.
Thank you for your time.I hope to get this answered soon by either knowledgeable people or staff members.

This should probably be moved to Q&A instead but otherwise I know nothing about the game enough to say if it should or should not

Moved to Q&A since this isn't a CRT just yet, but to answer your question Dreams can be added as long as the profiles are focused on the narrative that the game provides for all of its stuff and not trying to combine user generated content with it. We do allow Little Big Planet which is a pretty similar verse on the wiki, because it has a narrative and lore explaining how it works.

Moved to Q&A since this isn't a CRT just yet, but to answer your question Dreams can be added as long as the profiles are focused on the narrative that the game provides for all of its stuff and not trying to combine user generated content with it. We do allow Little Big Planet which is a pretty similar verse on the wiki, because it has a narrative and lore explaining how it works.
Hm. Thank you. Dreams and Little Big Planet are made by the same people so that makes sense.

What if the narrative and user generated content are kind of part of one another ? For instance, according directly to the story mode / introduction (alongside WoG and other in-game sources) , the Imps are directly responsible for creating/shaping all of the content of Dreams.

For instance, Art's Story (one of the campaigns created by the Creator of Dreams [Media Molecule] to showcase some of Dreams' potential) would've been created by the Imps, and the Imps are always ever present as the cursor you use to navigate Dreams and shape/create your creations, which seem to make this more blatant.
Dreams...have i ever heard of this before?
yeah...i did,but i forgor what it was.
Yeah unfortunately it's been brought to the wayside for a good year or two. I want to bring it back to the limelight.

Hm. Thank you. Dreams and Little Big Planet are made by the same people so that makes sense.

What if the narrative and user generated content are kind of part of one another ? For instance, according directly to the story mode / introduction (alongside WoG and other in-game sources) , the Imps are directly responsible for creating/shaping all of the content of Dreams.
The way it works is that you can't use narratives created through dream by users to support the Dream verse on the wiki. For example, for a cosmology blog if a user creates a world where there are superheros and twenty dimensions within that story, you wouldn't be able to use the fact that imps are said to create all the words to scale them to being 21 dimensional or whatever.
For instance, Art's Story (one of the campaigns created by the Creator of Dreams [Media Molecule] to showcase some of Dreams' potential) would've been created by the Imps, and the Imps are always ever present as the cursor you use to navigate Dreams and shape/create your creations, which seem to make this more blatant.
As long as the content was created by the devs in relation to the overall narrative it is free game for verse stuff. All that would be barred is content that non-devs make for the game

I see. So while technically the Imps would scale to everything that can be created on Dreams, VSBW only would take narratives officially created by the devs for the game, not anyone else's, so on this wiki they'd only scale to those.

So, that makes things a bit easier from a cataloging standpoint. It'd make them much weaker but hey. So the only thing that'd be canon by VSBW's standpoint is the story / introduction and potentially Art's Story. I'd have to check to see if Art's Story has true narrative connections to Dreams outside of just being something the Imps made.

Back