• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dream Demon fights a virus

Not gonna lie, this is a head scratcher.

So, Freddy reading his mind isn't happening because Mercer resists and I'm honestly not to sure how Freddy would respond to that. I don't recall the last time Freddy fought someone who can "no u" his trump card like that. I'll wait for arguments.

Damn, Mercer fights an another Reality Warper.

Anyways, how combat applicable is Freddy's Type 6 and 8 Immortality?

From what I can recall about Freddy, he likes to toy around with his targets and likes to see how far he can torment his targets with fear, so he probably wouldn't start off with his hax straight away.

Just a note. Mind reading is probably different from attempting to control someone's mind so I'm not exactly sure if mind reading wouldn't work on Alex.

That said no idea who wins for rn.

Mind reading falls under mind manip from my understanding so it should get lol noped unless freddy has pierced mind manip resistance before. Saying that I to have no idea at the moment how this fight actually goes, we need a freddy expert in here....

edit double checking mind reading is mental manip and is thus subject to mental manip resistance...

The pen or the sword said:
Mind reading falls under mind manip from my understanding so it should get lol noped unless freddy has pierced mind manip resistance before. Saying that I to have no idea at the moment how this fight actually goes, we need a freddy expert in here....
Even if it doesn't, Mercer's telepathic Hive Mind of millions of minds pretty much already makes Telepathy difficult to use against Mercer anyways.

I am also uncertain of how this match goes in regarding to first moves. I'm pretty sure I recall Freddy liking to toy around with his targets first before using his hax, but we probably need a Freddy expert to confirm.

Check the edit, I looked it over the mental manip page list mind reading and telepathy as mental manipulation thus they are subject to the resistances.

I mean, I've watched all tge Cinema Snob's reviews and can confirm that to be the case most of the time.

Im not an expert but I have watched the original freddy movies a lot, Im sorta confused though, there in new york and freddy physically there? But he also has his dream powers? Or are they in a dream....

And yeah freddy's not going for the kill right away, His magnum opus is screwing with people/tormenting them. Even people who can fight him in the dream/drag him into the real world, it doesn't matter how much of a threat someone is freddy's sadistic nature overrides his self preservation. He'll mess with his opponent before killing.

Im not an expert but I have watched the original freddy movies a lot, Im sorta confused though, there in new york and freddy physically there? But he also has his dream powers? Or are they in a dream....
I just assume Mercer is in New York or something and somehow fell asleep (does he even sleep?) and then Freddy decides to visit him in the Dream World outside of Springwood, thus this match happens.

And yeah freddy's not going for the kill right away, His magnum opus is screwing with people/tormenting them. Even people who can fight him in the dream/drag him into the real world, it doesn't matter how much of a threat someone is freddy's sadistic nature overrides his self preservation. He'll mess with his opponent before killing.
That's what I had been thinking of. :p

If thats the case Im not sure freddy can win, the actions freddy takes in the dream cause real bodily harm but I don't remeber anything he did in the dream being able to overcome mid high regen... Even the girl that was turned into a bug was simply found dead under her exercise equipment, the boy that died as paper was found dead in a large wharehouse accident.... The dreams killed them but there bodies still existed in the physical world....

So he eventually wakes alex up from some painful death and alex walks off confused because he doesn't actually sleep....

edit thats why I was concerned with where this fight takes place, if it's in the dream Im not sure freddy can win... Saying that Im basing this off my memories and it has been a while since Ive seen the movies so I could be misremebering...

We never see him exhuasted or sleep but overall we don't have quite enough to give him self sustenance (unless I can find that comic where alex stares at a wall with a timeskip to months later)

Ignoring that though Im still not sure how freddy wins, nor how this fight is set up...Are they in the dream world? If so has freddy ever caused enough damage to someone to bypass mid high regen? From what I remeber his killings leave behind real world bodies, even when he transmutes, and alex lacks a soul for him to absorb...

Those moves killed freddys victims and allowed him to devour there souls, Alex wont die from those if they are simply in a dream, he'll wake up unperturbed. He has no soul to steal and freddies transmutaions all resulted in the real world bodies being found after some unfortunate accident.

The paper kid was killed in a warehouse accident. The bug lady was crushed under her weights. There bodies didn't dissapear.

How does freddy incap here, he's not able to keep people in the dream permanantly and eventually alex will wake up. Nothing freddy does in the dream can kill mercers physical body and theres no soul for freddy to steal.

Though thats assuming there in the dream, as I said I have no idea how this fight actually goes on a conceptual level. If they are in the dream nothing freddy does can kill mercer, and even average humans could wake themselves from the dream. So freddy puts alex to sleep, tortures him for eight to twelve hours, alex wakes up annoyed and regens whatever damage his body sustained in the real world.

Ironically, all of Freddy's matches were against characters with Regenerationn negligible to his hax abilities. However, he has never faced characters with Regenerationn of Mercer's caliber before, so I'm not sure how Freddy's dream hax attacks would even carry to the Real World. It certainly doesn't fully carry from the dream world, and the only effects it seems to carry to the real world are inflicting physical wounds, yet the esoteric effects (such as Transmutation and such) doesn't seem to carry over. And I doubt Freddy has ever inflicted physical damages that has atomized his targets.

Its been a while but I don't remeber him ee anyone... At least not in the original series... He had the whole soul devouring thing but thats kinda moot.

So no that won't really help freddy here, even the way its described on the wiki involves the kids pulling freddy into the real world to kill him. So to be clear freddy has no way to put mercer down, he can't keep people in the dream permantatly and nothing he does in the dream world translates into something in the real world that could kill mercer.

And top it off mercer has no soul to steal. so at the moment Im voting mismatch, niether side can win this at the moment...I suppose mercer could technically win if he knew he could pull freddy into the real world but realistically mercer gets torutured for tweleve hours wakes up and walks off.

Im not sure that would work in the dream as im pretty sure freddy could just say no, hes kinda got mastery of reality in the dream. But in the end this is a mismatch mercer doesn't know about his win con and freddy doesn't seem to have one in the first place.

Im not sure that would work in the dream as im pretty sure freddy could just say no, hes kinda got mastery of reality in the dream. But in the end this is a mismatch mercer doesn't know about his win con and freddy doesn't seem to have one in the first place.
He could, but he toys around with his targets a lot, and has consistently shown to be able to get incapacitated for long periods of time even if he doesn't get permanently killed due to his immortality (especially since he hasn't showcased Regenerationn beyond High-Mid based on his profile) or resistance to Mercer's hax. Being the "master of reality in your domain" is kind of a moot point when you were shown to consistently toy around a lot.

Fair, that should be enough to incap freddy and give mercer the win. Fact remains nothing freddy does in the dream can actually kill mercers physical body thus this is a stomp...

Fair, that should be enough to incap freddy and give mercer the win. Fact remains nothing freddy does in the dream can actually kill mercers physical body thus this is a stomp...
Hey, at least this match looks cool based on the claw themes these two has at least.

Back