• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonite vs. Asgore Dreemurr

Talonmask

VS Battles
Retired
These two behemoths are supposed to be powerful and respectable creatures.

...But half the time look like big fluffy pushovers.

Dragonite hits your window by suikuzu-d5ymeg7
Pseudo-Legendary Dragonite

Tumblr nvxhn2EIcb1qi4a2go1 500
King (Fluffybuns) Asgore

[ Both characters refuse to hold back and speed is equalized. ]

[ The fight is to the death. ]

The Everlasting said:
Asgore should take this thanks to a massive speed advantage.
On a side note, that's some damn good Asgore fanart.
Would giving Dragonite it's entire moveset along with Hidden Ability Multiscale make the match closer?

The Everlasting said:
Probably not, Dragonite is only Mountain Level, whereas Asgore is At least Mountain Level+.
Ack, it's kind of hard to find a good matchup for the king when most Tier 7 characters don't normally reach his kind of speed.

You now feel my pain with trying to find matchups for Final Fantasy characters, except it's the opposite.

With Equalized speed, I'd say Asgore still takes this, but it's definitely a much longer fight. Dragonite has an advantage in flight and move versatility, but Asgore's got higher power and durability.

The Everlasting said:
You now feel my pain with trying to find matchups for Final Fantasy characters, except it's the opposite.
That's the same feeling i get when i try to think up who can face the JJBA characters here.

IIRC, when Multiscale is intact (Full HP), damage from the move it is hit with next is halved.

Asgore's got a naturally stronger AP, but Dragonite has access to moves such as Swords Dance which will double his attack, and is capable of healing with Roost.

The battle wouldn't be determined by the first strike.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Talonmask said:
The battle wouldn't be determined by the first strike.
This.
It seems ridiculous to point out but it kind of puts me off when the difference between characters is an At Least which still somehow warrants a single hit KO on the weaker opponent

Uh, this thread is pretty old but... I'd like to say something.

"-Inner Focus: Dragonite's primary special ability. Dragonites, with this ability, have a mindset naturally geared towards intense focus and strength of willpower, making it extremely difficult to disrupt their attention or sway their confidence."

Does this mean Dragonite has high DETERMINATION?

DETERMINATION =/= determination. Being determined doesn't automatically give you more power (if you're not human), and it's very, veeeerrrry rare that anything which isn't can harness said power.

Ah okay. Well I thought. Still rooting for Dragonite, he could cripple Asgore with Thunder Wave. He also has a lot of moves which while weaker than Asgore, could take him down. It all depends on how Dragonite will fight. Otherwise Asgore is winning this.

Probably going to have to vote Asgore on this one, being stronger/faster, likely smarter, and while his opponent has a very diverse and tricky move pool. it's not like Asgore's attacks lack variety.

Dragonite, he have:

Hurricane:Deals damage and has a chance of confusing the target. Hurracan will not fail if there is rain, regardless of user precision or target evasion.

Thunder fist:Deals damage and has a chance of paralyzing the target.

Roost:Restores half of the pokemon's maximum health. If the pokemon is flying type, he will lose that type until the end of the turn, affecting the effectiveness of the movements. A pure flying type Pokémon will become a pure normal type Pokémon until the end of the turn.

Wrap:Deals damage for 2-5 turns.This varies depending on the generation.

Leer:Lowers a level the defense of the target.

Thunder wave:paralyzes the opponent.

Twister: deals damage and has a chance to roll back the opponent.

Agility:Increases the pokemon's speed by 2 levels.

Dragon dance:Increase attack and pokemon speed by 1 level each.

Dragonite stomps.

Edit:I forget about the secret ability, Multiscales:When the Pokémon has its health to maximum, this ability reduces damage received from the rival attack in half. However, it does not reduce the damage of movements that cause a fixed damage.

its at the rules:

"Please don't bump topics that have been inactive for over a month without a legitimate argument."

This thread is most likely a stomp now because Asgore is Town level and Dragonite At least
Town level, likely City level

Back