• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonball Cosmology Revision: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, you'd think having so many statements and guides saying the same thing would make it easier to accept the cosmology scale

Mostly from guys who watched a youtube video while failing to relaize that mathematics only describes infinity but doesnt really encompas it.

Its a very complicated concept and the only reason why "likely infinite universe" gets an ok from me, they got in verse statement, guidebooks and even non main author Koyama - its only serves to strengthen my point - pretty much confirmed all the stuff in the guidebooks.

According to some guys, infinte universe DB bends logic, but the same could be said about Metaphyiscs, MFTL, destruction of space/time which is just as cringe and that stuff bends logic, lol.

One question, the Kaioshin realm isn't treated as having a different spacetime from the macrocasm right? Although being completely separated?

I'm rewatching Dragon Ball Super (unrelated to scaling lol) and I noticed something interesting. On episode 29 at 12:05 Shenron refers to one universe as a boundless expanse and he exclaims that he cant locate something within a boundless expanse let alone an entirely different universe.

Last edited:
I'm rewatching Dragon Ball Super (unrelated to scaling lol) and I noticed something interesting. On episode 29 at 12:05 Shenron refers to one universe as a boundless expanse and he exclaims that he cant locate something within a boundless expanse let alone an entirely different universe.
Don't know if this was already brought up but since people aren't really bringing this up (and that it's a direct statement from the anime) I assume it wasn't.

Beerus also has a quote about the Universe being huge or something much bigger.

What was the object? The SDBs?

宇宙のしくみ
Structure of the Universe

地球にとどまらず、宇宙のさまざまな星々を舞台に繰り広げられる孫悟空たちの大活劇。悟空たちが住んでいる「地球」は、DB世界では「北の銀河」に属しており、「4032の緑の877惑星」と表現することができる。
Not limited to the Earth, the stage of the big adventure of Son Goku and the others unfolds on various planets/stars of the Universe. "Earth" where Goku and others live belongs to "North Galaxy" in the DB world, It can be described as "4032-Green-877-Planet".

この世全体は球体をしており、さらに破壊神ビルスによって、この広大な宇宙そのものは全部で12あると言われ、悟空たちが冒険を繰り広げている宇宙は「第七宇宙」に属している、と伝えられた。
This entire world is spherical, furthermore, Beerus, the God of Destruction, said that there are 12 vast universes in total and that the universe in which Goku and his friends are having an adventure belongs to the "Seventh Universe".

*Note: The term "この世" can mean "This world" in contrast to "あの世" which means "other-world" as the land of the dead. So in the context of Dragon Ball, it might refer to just the world of the living. So when you see "This world" here, it might refer to "World of Living"

この世はどこまでも果てしない広がりを見せ、DB世界は人知を超えた途方もないスケールを持つ世界観であることがわかるだろう。
"This World" shows an endless expanse, you will find that the DB world holds a worldview with a tremendous scale beyond human understanding.

*Note: For anyone that is wondering, the term here is "果てしない広がり" which can literally mean "something that spreads out without an end"

この第七宇宙は、サイヤ人やフリーザ一味、魔導師ビビディが生み出した魔人ブウなどにより、何百もの星が破壊された過去を持つ。
In the Seventh Universe, the Saiya-jin and Frieza's army, and the Majin Buu brought forth by the mage Bibidi, destroyed hundreds of planets in the past.

また、悟空たちのふるさと・地球を含め、第七宇宙で起こるさまざまな出来事は、界王界の界王や界王神たちによって、中立的な立場で見守られ続けているのだ。
Also, including Goku and the other's hometowns, on Earth, the various events of the Seventh Universe are being continuously watched from a neutral standpoint by the Kaiō and Kaioshins Kaiōshin of the Kaiō World.

Translation credits: here

guide name chozenshu 4 I think

Full quote from the guide is exactly here

Last edited:
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Chances are the credibility of your source is already gonna be challenged but I'm also willing to bet some will see endless expanse as hyperbole. Be ready.

Last edited:
guys, this thread is not going anymore, we are waiting another related thread to end so the summaries can be made and then posted in another thread, there is no need to post anything else here, if you have arguments for or against infinite sized universe post in either my wall(for the ones against) or in @godofice this is what we agreed, this is too clogged to get evaluated in a fair way, so we will create a new one

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Chances are the credibility of your source is already gon a be challenged but I'm also willing to bet some will see endless expanse as hyperbole. Be ready.
I find it so amazing that some verse like if is full of hyperboles and has the tier like that, nobody bothers to downgrade the verse or say that, amazing.

この世はどこまでも果てしない広がりを見せ、DB世界は人知を超えた途方もないスケールを持つ世界観であることがわかるだろう。
"This World" shows an endless expanse, you will find that the DB world holds a worldview with a tremendous scale beyond human understanding.

*Note: For anyone that is wondering, the term here is "果てしない広がり" which can literally mean "something that spreads out without an end"
Congrats on finding recent evidence.
Only took seven ******* pages.

Although, "endless" in this case typically refers to a period of time, rather than a measurement of time (i.e., "expanding forever").

Not until this crt concludes until then sit back and relax and don’t worry about this current thread as a new one will be made
I don’t plan on continuing this crt but making a new one that’s not filled up because I think staff don’t feel like reading allat

also regarding the kanji it just means endless or everlasting expansive so im not sure what Null was trying to prove but yeah that basically says the universe is endlessly expansive

I don’t plan on continuing this crt but making a new one that’s not filled up because I think staff don’t feel like reading allat

also regarding the kanji it just means endless or everlasting expansive so im not sure what Null was trying to prove but yeah that basically says the universe is endlessly expansive
Yeah... Idts, Infinite Universe 7 I think have enough evidence now that it is supported in the anime. It can proceed here.

Yeah... Idts, Infinite Universe 7 I think have enough evidence now that it is supported in the anime. It can proceed here.
Trust me it’ll be simpler just making a whole new crt this is already 7 pages Pineapple suggested it too to make a entirely new thread and we’ll get staff input easier in a new crt where it’s easy to read

(Also since it’s secondary information it would be fine even if there was no anime support which luckily in this case there is since secondary information can be used any help with things that would explain something that we’re not fully aware of in the series and is only unusable if its contradictory)

I'll be able to compile the stuff from the previous thread soon.
We only scrap them if they contradict the source material.
After plenty of Guidebook statements regarding Infinite size Universe, there is also a statement for Infinite Universe in anime, shouldn't it be enough for Infinite size rating? Or atleast possibly Infinite? It's seems very much clear that Bulma was talking about observable Universe.

7 pages and we still need another thread...

On a more serious note, I think we have evidence that could definitely be used, though if someone has the Japanese for that statement made in the anime that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back