• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Quest Discussion Thread

Erik should be given the High Born Blade, Hell Sabre, Hunter's Moon, Pirate King's Set, and Swindler King's Set too

Here is another villain, based on Rhapthorne

Hoopthorne (Òâ®ÒâùÒé¢Òâ│ÒâòÒâ╝Òâù)

ÕàëÒü¿ÚùçÒü«õ©ûþòîÒéÆþÁ▒Òü╣ÒéêÒüåÒü¿ÒüùÒüƒµÜùÚ╗ÆþÑ×Òü«ÒâüÒé½Òâ®ÒéÆÕ¥ùÒüƒÕªûÚ¡öÒÇéµÁ«ÚüèÒüÖÒéïþÉâÒü▓Òü¿ÒüñÒü▓Òü¿ÒüñÒü½õ©ûþòîÒéÆÕúèÒüÖÒü╗Òü®Òü«Ú¡öÕèøÒüîÕ«┐ÒéïÒÇé
A demon who gained the power of the dark god who tried to govern the world of light and darkness. Each floating sphere has enough magic to destroy the world.

A disgraceful demon that has inherited the powers of a long-forgotten lord of evil. Each of the spheres that surround it contains enough power to lay waste to an entire world.''

~ Hoopthorne Bestiary Entry​
Given this is in tickington, where the cast use "world" to refer to timelines a whole lot, this likely means timeline

Has anyone of you already watched the Dragon Quest: Your Story (the one based off DQ5) movie? I've recently seen it on Netflix and there's besides the normal hax stuff some extras for Madiso and Grandmaster Nimzo like Plot Manip, Reality Warping, Time Stop and more. I'm however not sure if the feats should be added to these already existing profiles or if new ones should be created for.

Sleipnir36 said:
Has anyone of you already watched the Dragon Quest: Your Story (the one based off DQ5) movie? I've recently seen it on Netflix and there's besides the normal hax stuff some extras for Madiso and Grandmaster Nimzo like Plot Manip, Reality Warping, Time Stop and more. I'm however not sure if the feats should be added to these already existing profiles or if new ones should be created for.
1. Would have preferred it in anime form, like Yuusha no Abel which was actually done by Toriyama unlike Dai's adventure

2. I hear it is very polarized in terms of ratings

3. Is it still tier 2?

I don't want to spoil the film but if you've played Star Ocean 3 or Bravely Second then you pretty much know what the main polarizing "point" is and as for the tier 2 stuff in the movie it pretty much scales to the tier 2 feats/scaling in OG DQ5 however it could be seen as dubious thanks to how the film "ends".

The Axiom of Virgo said:
I don't want to spoil the film but if you've played Star Ocean 3 or Bravely Second then you pretty much know what the main polarizing "point" is and as for the tier 2 stuff in the movie it pretty much scales to the tier 2 feats/scaling in OG DQ5 however it could be seen as dubious thanks to how the film "ends".
Probably won't watch it, IDK, I wanna know the main differences:

1. Is Deborah in it?

2. Dragon's Staff + Shining Shield + Sun Crown + Pallium Regale in it?

3. How is Zenithia portrayed

4. Does Nimzo > Goddess?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Pretty much a lost civilization with a few survivors

4. The Goddess is barely referenced if at all and Nimzo "technically" isn't seen, so there's nothing to scale off.

Is anyone gonna make a profile for the Scion of Erdrick? Cause if not, I can make it.

And also, in DQXI there is an item known as the Agate of Evolution that I think we might be overlooking (at least I did, I don't know about you guy's). An Agate is an ornamental stone, which means that the Agate of Evolution is literally an Ornamental Stone of Evolution, and it's description iirc says something along the lines of "fueled by the power of progress" or "powered by progress", which implies that it is literally powered by Evolution. The power of evolution is the power of the goddess iirc, which means these stones contain the power of the goddess (not all of it obviously). You use these stones to basically craft some of the most powerful gear in the game, gear that statistically is superior to almost every other weapon in the game, and comparable to the Swords of Light (but still weaker than the Super Sword of Light/Sword of Kings and Supreme Sword of Light I think). So basically what I'm saying is that a) this item is even more proof that the Goddess also exists in the Erdrick universe, and b) even more evidence to support 2-C cast since they can wield weapons that contain small portions of the Goddess's power.

Also boss, when do you plan on remaking the Goddess page?

Also, do we take into account side games when talking about how many Universes the Goddess made? Because if so, then the rocket slime universe would be another universe in the list since the Goddess literally talks to you in the first game, and she's also worshipped in that game, so she likely created that world as well.

The agate of evolution also exists in DQ IX, The Almighty's world, so it's not really proof of The Goddess or of tier 2, unless evolution is described that way in DQ XI

Didn't know that, nevermind then. I will say that it might be possible that her influence could still reach into DQVII and DQIX's (God's and The Almighty's worlds respectively) worlds cause of the fact that there is a connected Multiverse thanks to DQXI S, so it could be possible that the Goddess could affect a lesser deity's world.

As of right now, we know that The Goddess (the character that the 2-C's scale to) created the universes of DQVIII, the Zenithian saga, and likely the Erdrick universe. So as of now, 2-3 universes, but if we include side games, it might be even more. Like the Rocket Slime game is it's own world and the goddess made it, so that's another one.

The Goddess could potentially be responsible for creating the Almighty's universe, since the Almighty is only said to be responsible for the stars, planets, and life iirc.

Zenithian Saga includes at least three universes created by the Goddess, the real world, the dream world, and the Monsters world. I don't remember if there were more than that.

Oh okay, didn't know that (still haven't played 4-6). So that's 5 universes, potentially 6 if DQIX's universe is actually made by the Goddess, if we only use main games. There's at least an extra universes if we include the side games thanks to Rocket Slime.

I dont remember

I do know Terry dodges it in DQVI fighting the dragon

Speaking of DQVI, while it will still be 2-C by scaling, maybe, in DQXI it's shown the dream and real worlds are not temporally separate but are part of the same timeline

Erik should have the Thousand Fold Katana, Hell Sabre, Hunter's Moon, High Borne Blade, and Timeshear btw

Hmm if that's the case then nevermind then, we're back down to 3 or 4 universes

Will add captain

Also, I finally made a request for someone to calc Krystalinda's snowstorm and the Tentacular feat.

I don't like storm feats tbh, always end up wanked

btw:

Serena: Sceptre of Time, Faerie King's Cane, Sacred Spear, Serenica Gear, Crimson Catsuit

Veronica: Godbird's Staff, Staff of Eternity, Gear of Eternity

I added the equipment chief.

Also, besides me and FanofRPGs, who else wants to join in on the future revisions in hopes of giving love to this series?

Is anyone able to copy-paste the source code of my DQ blogs?

I'd rather they work on them, I am going off the wiki for a while..

Holy crap this thread is dead...

Anyways, I'm finally gonna stop being lazy and start working on the profiles again.

Yeah, I know, but it's a little sad that many threads are so full of life but this one is so...dead...

But I know that many people are busy so I'm not mad, just sad.

I am distancing myself from VSB slightly due to drama

Also, DQBII has a potentially 2-B thingy

The Space Time Continuum leads you to other dimensions, I.E the worlds of other players. So about a million dimensions/worlds

Back