• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon ball's tier problem and question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen characters who are High 3-A in dragon ball, and there are too some that are low 2-C. As my understanding goes a tier 2-C is inifnitely stronger than a 3-A even if is a high one vs a strong one. Yet Dragon ball doesn't treat them as such, they are just a stronger opponent that could be defeated. Heck Freezer and Goku managed to push Jiren when it should be impossible for what we've shown. So my question is: Is the tiering absolute? Or is the tiering just a guideline? since there has been cases in fiction (dragon ball is just does it way more), where a character just manages to defeat or have trouble with a character who shouldn't even compare.

I guess the question would be Is this PIS or that's just how Dragon Ball works for some reason?

I want to say it's more of a guideline than an absolute rule because characters of lower tiers can beat higher tier characters if the power gap isn't massive and/or they have hax that makes them able to somewhat take them on. But I think people would generally disagree.

And that's how Dragon Ball always worked

Yes, Dragon Ball doesn't follow our tiering system, and makes no difference between 3-A and Low 2-C, but we still have to do so ourselves.

Yeah, what others said. DB doesn't dive deep into science or dimensional tiering, 3-A, High 3-A and Low 2-C are almost the same in DB. We try and make sense of it according to our tiering system.

Also, Jiren was weakened and not at his maximum power when Freeza and Goku beat him.

So, since the question has been answered, should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back