• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Z/ Super Possible Atomization feats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.-Destructo Disk/Kienzan has been unblockeable in Manga canon. Would that be considered Atomization?

2.-SSG Goku vs Beerus literally desintegrate a planet with the universa├▒ shockwave. There is virtually nothing left of the planet, that MUST be an atom level feat

Screenshot 2016-03-18-01-20-10
Screenshot 2016-03-18-01-20-31

It doesn't effect their standing so it doesn't really matter they are already nigh universal

As for Kienzan not to my knowledge.

No to both.

We can't assume the second feat is atomization.

I do wonder how many deaths Goku is partially responsible for with that punch..

@OP: we can't just assume atomization because we can't see it. look how far the camera is away.

Remember how there was literally nothing left to see of Cell? That was only cellular level destruction, which is what was explicitly needed to kill him. Not being able to see something does not mean it has been atomized. Atoms are absurdly small.

Any proof that's on even molecular level? This is nothing but fanboy wank with baseless assumption. Not once atom or subatomic disintegration was stated. We don't use atomic disintegration without explicit statement

That is in no way biased. We don't treat anything as atomization/sub-atomic destruction unless it is specifically stated to be and treated as such.

No. It needs to behave like atomization, as well. If someone just says "this attack will atomize you" and then punches a guy and leaves his body intact, it's not actual atomization.

I have a Blog Post about Saint Seiya regarding atomization.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...der/Saint_Seiya_-_Destroying_Atoms_Since_1986

Atomic Destruction is a concept from Saint Seiya that has been present from Chapter 1 of the Original Manga. It has been repeatedly stated and explained in detail countless times throughout the franchise, present in almost every installment.

Classic, Episode G, Lost Canvas, Omega, Saintia Sho and I'm almost sure Soul of Gold, Next Dimension and Episode G: Assassin have their mentions as well.

Why do the Saints not one-hit-kill each other, them? Simple. Much like Cosmos's offensive characteristic is to destroy atoms, it's defensive characteristic is to endure atomic destruction.

If you want examples: Here's Leo Aiolia punching Photon Particles when moving Faster than Light.

http://imgur.com/a/3ujL6

Here's another (In PT-BR), Leo Aolia re-attaching a sliced limb through Cosmos manipulation.

http://i.picpar.com/NXKb.jpg

Translation of the First 7 panels:

"You can become whole."

"You can bun burn your Cosmos and finish your enemy."

"How is it possible if my heart is destroyed ...? I shouldn't even be capable of moving"

"That is because they are yet to be truly destroyed."

"Remember what you mentioned about this man... About his power? That he could undo and separate the connections of every substance."

"Neither your heart, nor your right arm are yet lost. Your fangs have yet to be broken. As humans, we possess the power of the intention of transforming things, and that is what atoms do."

"May your Cosmos burn! With it, make it so that the atoms unite! With your own Cosmos you shall recover your fangs."

And here is he actually doing it:

http://i.picpar.com/OXKb.jpg

Translation: "His heart and right arm, which have been destroyed at an atomic level... Were regenerated and united through his Cosmos."

I make my case, Atomic Destruction in Saint Seiya is an actual thing and they don't one shot each other because they have endurance to it.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Tune in next:

"They claim they can destroy Stars and Galaxies, no Stars and Galaxies have ever been destroyed."
That's one thing.

The biggedt thing imo is that... No enemy in Saint Seiya history has been atomized.

It's a massive hyperbole and brings nothing to the plot aside from "Look at muh feats and muh strong universe without doing anything to explain it!"

I make my case, Atomic Destruction in Saint Seiya is an actual thing and they don't one shot each other because they have endurance to it

Endurance to Atomization. :)

I don't see anything wrong or contradictory with that.

Super Olimar Counter said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
Tune in next:

"They claim they can destroy Stars and Galaxies, no Stars and Galaxies have ever been destroyed."
That's one thing.

The biggedt thing imo is that... No enemy in Saint Seiya history has been atomized.

It's a massive hyperbole and brings nothing to the plot aside from "Look at muh feats and muh strong universe without doing anything to explain it!"
Never doing anything to explain it? I've shown you examples of both Quantic level destruction and Atomic Regenerationn. Through Cosmos, they can maintain their atoms together when they would normally be separated. That was explained.

Atomic Destruction is the most basic concept of Cosmos, and a staple of the Saint Seiya franchise. That's like ignoring basic mechanics of Ki, or the rules of Nen, or Kryptonians absorbing sunlight. You can't do that simply because by your understanding, there can't be characters with endurance to atomic destruction. Cosmos allows them to resist atomic destruction / separation in ways that regular objects can't. That's why they can turn huge stones to dust through their presence, or punch light itself / photons.

Aiolia regrouped the atoms that formed his sliced arm and his pierced heart through his Cosmos. That shows that they can survive atoms being destroyed.

Yeah, there is no proof of atomization in DB at any point in the series, so I will just be locking this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back