• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Vegito resistance addition, or whatever

Fezzih_007

He/Him
So, Vegetto, or Vegirot for some people, is fighting Majin Buu (Gohan Absorbed), and he is just smacking him around.
So Majin Buu (Gohan Absorbed) seeing no other option because he used all his arsenal of abilities not really, but Vegetto would outchad everthing trow at him decides to uses his trump card, his absorption powers.

Homever, Vegetto as expecting that and egging Buu to do so. so when Buu tries to absorb Gogeta but less cool (Imagine being a grow ass man using earrings lol)
KfHkfXU.gif
85934679f30131d812a8c7475a7d0f74.webp

In the last second, he put a Ki Barrier around him and the chapter ends...

The next chapter
AcsQNwW.gif
2b7ffbbb9c4d2c762e5fbfa2a077b1c0.webp

Is turns out by using a ki barrier, he as able to avoid getting absorbed by Buu. He plans as actually to get absorbed so he can search Gohan and the others.
You may question "How the hell did he know he could do that?" and "Why din't he just kill Buu and revived everyone with the Dragon balls later?" and that's great question and i glad you asked.

Anyway, i proposing Vegetto and everyone comparable to him who can use energy barriers get resistance to absorption or Power Absorption by using Ki Barrier.

Or

Votes:
Agree: RenderGK (Agree for Vegito, Goku and Vegeta, unsure about everyone else) thetechmaster36(Agree with Power Absorption), Bernkastelll (Agree with possibly(?)), LuffyRuffy46307 (It seems good) Rutæhh (Agree with Power Absorption) Damage3245👑(Agree only for Vegito) SamanPatou👑 (Agree with Limited resistance only for Vegito) Flashlight237, LordGriffin1000 👑 (Agree for Vegito, and possibly for everyone else) ,LordDestroit10K (Seems logical)

Dissagre:
Neutral:

Last edited:
This is a fairly wonky resistance to Absorption. He very clearly did get absorbed by Buu, because otherwise Vegito wouldn't be inside of Buu. However, he did not get suspended in a pod, unlike the others who were absorbed by Buu.
KuaV5q6.gif
SfJY3cc.gif

mcLSIJu.gif

So it seems more likely that the barrier was preventing Buu from suspending Vegito in a pod like the others, thereby not letting Buu use his (Vegito's) strength.

So instead of just regular Absorption, I'd say that this is a resistance to Power Absorption.

This is a fairly wonky resistance to Absorption. He very clearly did get absorbed by Buu, because otherwise Vegito wouldn't be inside of Buu. However, he did not get suspended in a pod, unlike the others who were absorbed by Buu.
KuaV5q6.gif
SfJY3cc.gif

mcLSIJu.gif

So it seems more likely that the barrier was preventing Buu from suspending Vegito in a pod like the others, thereby not letting Buu use his (Vegito's) strength.

So instead of just regular Absorption, I'd say that this is a resistance to Power Absorption.
Hm, that could work actually, i think.

Do you agree btw?
i just noticed i din't put a vote section.

that is assuming that people comparable to Vegetto know how to do the type of barrier he did that time, at most i can see Goku and Vegeta knowing it

that is assuming that people comparable to Vegetto know how to do the type of barrier he did that time, at most i can see Goku and Vegeta knowing it
What about Kibitoshin, he was wathing the fight.
To be honest, even if they know about the ability, would't mean they would be able to counter depending on the opponent.
Like, if they don't know that they opponent can use absorption, they would get absorbed due not being able to put a barrier in time.
Like, if they know, they get absorbed, if they don't, they still get absorbed.

just assuming something like that you need concrete proof

Other than the fact that eating Good Buu literally transformed Evil Buu into Super Buu?
When characters are absorbed,

Their bodies are enveloped in Buu's flesh and then thrust into him, before he liquifies himself and embeds them into his body, reshaping himself around them.
This happened to Vegito.

The only difference is, with Good Buu, Piccolo, Gotenks, and Gohan, Buu was able to, evidently, digest them. Again, Evil Buu literally ate Good Buu.
With Vegito, because of the Barrier, Buu could not.

Other than the fact that eating Good Buu literally transformed Evil Buu into Super Buu?
When characters are absorbed,

Their bodies are enveloped in Buu's flesh and then thrust into him, before he liquifies himself and embeds them into his body, reshaping himself around them.
This happened to Vegito.

The only difference is, with Good Buu, Piccolo, Gotenks, and Gohan, Buu was able to, evidently, digest them. Again, Evil Buu literally ate Good Buu.
With Vegito, because of the Barrier, Buu could not.

No scan assumes or indicates that the barrier is a weakness, they were even absorbed by Buu, and Buu simply could not use Veguetto's powers because they were protected from that ability.

They are just pure speculations without a concrete basis as to whether it is a weakness.

good night

The absorption worked as far as eating them. The absorption failed as far as actually integrating Vegito into his body and gaining his power. If they're not automatically absorbed then it seems Buu has to finish the job manually.

But Vegito also could've easily flexed his ki and blasted Buu's goo off of him prior to being absorbed. I would say it's resistance.

If this is going to be added, I think this should just be added to Vegito for now, and no one else.

Why?
If him being absorbed is prevented by ki coating then it should be applicable to anyone able to do so.
Just because somebody has the capability, does not mean we should treat them as having the ability.

In general, I think it's better when scaling abilities to actually look at what a character does rather than what we can speculate them to do based on what other characters can do.

To give an example, John Wick has Explosion Manipulation and Fire Manipulation on his page because he has used explosives and incendiary ammunition. In theory, anyone on Earth has this capability. You or I, or any random if we get our hands on explosives or incendiary ammunition could do this. But just because we have the capability to trigger an explosion if we get that equipment, doesn't mean we have the ability to do so.

To give an example from in-verse, anyone can do the Fusion Dance. Everyone has that capability if they know how to do it. But we don't add Fusionism to every single character; only the ones who have shown it.

So yes, while in theory we can say "X character is stronger / more skilled than Vegito, so we should give them this ability too", in practice I really think this is a bad idea.

There are exceptions to this; racial abilities which are possessed by default by all members of a group such as all Saiyans being able to transform into an Oozaru if they've got a tail. Something like that, can be scaled because it's universal. Skill-based abilities of certain ranks like how in One Piece it is stated that all Vice Admirals know how to use Haki, so we can assume that if someone is introduced as a Vice Admiral, that they can therefore use Haki even if they have no feats of it, etc.

If this is added to the ki manipulation page, anyone above Vegito who can also specifically use the ki barrier technique should get it.

Just because somebody has the capability, does not mean we should treat them as having the ability.

In general, I think it's better when scaling abilities to actually look at what a character does rather than what we can speculate them to do based on what other characters can do.
Well first, that argument don't really work because in the Ki Manipulation we already give abilities that most people show not to do. Like, weapon creation, and we treat like "they can do It, but they don't or never shown doing It".

Most of the characters that use Ki can bend they energy attacks to homing on the target, can fly, use a Kiai on people, and create Ki Barriers, and we treat everyone that atleast Master level this abilities. Why would't be the case here exactly?

Because second, you din't explain why "By using a Ki barrier, Vegito as able to protect himself from Buu attempts to absorb him, therefore anyone that can use a Ki Barrier should be able to replicate the same feat" would not apply here. You just said "I don't think we should give abilities to characters that are never shown this ability" and then you hit me with a Non-siquitur.

Like It would make sense If Vegito had a special ability on his barrier that no one can do, but is not treated like that on the story, is just him using his Ki to coat himself so he don't get absorbed, a feat the logically, anyone that can use Ki and is comparable/stronger than him should be able to do so. It makes zero sense for that not to be case, specially when you want to just give this resistance to Vegito, when Goku and Vegeta should be able to do the same, since they are part of the fusion.
To give an example, John Wick has Explosion Manipulation and Fire Manipulation on his page because he has used explosives and incendiary ammunition. In theory, anyone on Earth has this capability. You or I, or any random if we get our hands on explosives or incendiary ammunition could do this. But just because we have the capability to trigger an explosion if we get that equipment, doesn't mean we have the ability to do so.
So this comparisson, ok.
There's a difference between the two cases.
John Wick as shown using Explosives and imcendiary equipaments, but i myself never show using this type of armaments, or never ever touch one, so is pretty ridiculous to assume I could do It. I also don't have a profile on this wiki, so...

Or the other hand, we have a person using his Ki, a thing most of the verse can use in Dragon Ball, to defend himself of a ability. Why would he be the exception, why would't other characters be able to do the same? Because the one using is Vegito? What makes his Ki Barrier special of everyone else?

Because is like saying If John Wick uses a Gun and then shoots at something, and i try to the same using the same gun, It would't work because i not Jonh Wick, that's nonsense.

And don't bring other verses to this, because we treat a bunch of verses like. They have a capability to do something, and we treat like them having It. Willhelm here, have a feat of resistance of descontruction using a ability, so everyone that can use the same ability have the same resistance.
So even in others verses we can get pass on that, so i not sure why It would't apply here, what's the difference?

To give an example from in-verse, anyone can do the Fusion Dance. Everyone has that capability if they know how to do it. But we don't add Fusionism to every single character; only the ones who have shown it.
Yeah duh, but most of the Dragon Ball characters can put a Ki Barrier up to protect themself, Vegito is not the only one.

Why don't gave Gogeta (DBGT & DBS) these Resistances too? I mean, he is just Goku+Vegeta with further knowledge of this barrier by the time of Shadow Dragon Arc and Broly Arc

You may question "How the hell did he know he could do that?" and "Why din't he just kill Buu and revived everyone with the Dragon balls later?" and that's great question and i glad you asked.
WELL?

I agree with giving him limited resistance or such, as in fact he did resist one side of the absorption but not the other.

I don't agree with giving the ability to everyone because ki in DB can be used and shaped in different ways, though you need to know how to do that, otherwise everyone should have each other's "ki - based skills" out of pure learning potential alone.

I agree with giving him limited resistance or such, as in fact he did resist one side of the absorption but not the other.

I don't agree with giving the ability to everyone because ki in DB can be used and shaped in different ways, though you need to know how to do that, otherwise everyone should have each other's "ki - based skills" out of pure learning potential alone.
They're not saying anyone at all, but anyone who has used the same ki barrier technique Vegito used

They're not saying anyone at all, but anyone who has used the same ki barrier technique Vegito used
Yes, but there's a wide variety of different types of ki barriers.
See the one that Goku used to keep the poison out in the ToP, or the android barriers that are represented as much more effective than normal ones. Just because someone can create ki barriers, it doesn't mean they bear the same proporties, just like not all ki blasts or attacks are the same.

But like, everyone can use Ki Barriers, Vegito is not doing something special there. This is different if like, I make a CRT to give everyone Gotenks Ghosts Kamikaze attack, since that is a special skill, but not everyone can use, for obvious reason.

And also, is not like Vegito know he would be able to resist.

Yes, but there's a wide variety of different types of ki barriers.
There actually isn't, it's one technique,it's called barrier, both 17's and vegeto's version are under the same technique with the same principle
See the one that Goku used to keep the poison out in the ToP,
Still just barrier, Vegeta does it as well once lavender faces him,
. Just because someone can create ki barriers, it doesn't mean they bear the same proporties, just like not all ki blasts or attacks are the same.
Uhm, all basic ki blasts are literally treated as the same, it why anyone above super buu can also punch a hole in space-time, Goku with a destructo disk will absolutely scale to why krillin can do with it, but not I've versa because Goku scales above krillin

Back