• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Vegito resistance addition, or whatever

There actually isn't, it's one technique,it's called barrier, both 17's and vegeto's version are under the same technique with the same principle
can you show proof for this? they don't look similar at all

Still just barrier, Vegeta does it as well once lavender faces him,
that one is specifically noted to have been created specifically to combat lavender's ability, not a good example

Uhm, all basic ki blasts are literally treated as the same, it why anyone above super buu can also punch a hole in space-time, Goku with a destructo disk will absolutely scale to why krillin can do with it, but not I've versa because Goku scales above krillin
there's a difference between basic energy blasts and advanced energy techniques with additional haxes to them

Buuuuuuump lol
I actually stop receiving notfictions on this thread.
there's a difference between basic energy blasts and advanced energy techniques with additional haxes to them
But Vegito barrier don't have any additional hax.

Buuuuuuump lol
I actually stop receiving notfictions on this thread.

But Vegito barrier don't have any additional hax.
it protected him from absorption, did it not? that isn't something stablished as being possible with barriers before, therefore it is a new ability shown by his barrier that others didn't demonstrate

Damn, i actually din't expect you to say this so early. Or at all. Tch.
it protected him from absorption, did it not? that isn't something stablished as being possible with barriers before, therefore it is a new ability shown by his barrier that others didn't demonstrate
Ok. I mean, that still don't mean is special to him. Like, instead of thinking "Vegito can use a special barrier that totally counters Buu absorption, that he developed" you can think "Vegito is showing a new way Ki Barriers can use". Like, the Ki Blade he uses, which a bunch of characters in Super later uses. But ignoring that, using the former way of thinking is kinda problamatic.

The first being that Vegito Ki Barrier is never treated as something special, or that have some of sorta of special ability so we can assume that his barrier Is special.

Because you know, with him being 1 hour old, is very unlike for him to have make a special type of barrier against Buu Absorption without training to counter the ability. He don't have time to developed a ability like that. If you want to argue he made on the fly, like sure, but you overcomplicated things for no reason. 2 point.

The second is the way he using It. The Barrier Is protecting Vegito body of being absorbed. So why would't others characters able to do the same exactly? How Vegito did It is very simple, so It should be pretty cut and clear to others characters to do the same.

And third
that isn't something stablished as being possible with barriers before
So Buu has shown the ability to absorb for like, 6 or 7 chapters now. And later on, he never tried absorbing anyone. So like, when It would be estabilish that barries can protect from barriers before? Cell? It could, but the Androids got caught off guard before they could do anything so that's Impossible.
There's not a point on the story that It could stablish that, besides here, when a character know about the absorbing power, and he shows that barriers could protect him.

That's why i think the latter form of thinking is better than the former due to Occam's Razor.

Damn, i actually din't expect you to say this so early. Or at all. Tch.

Ok. I mean, that still don't mean is special to him. Like, instead of thinking "Vegito can use a special barrier that totally counters Buu absorption, that he developed" you can think "Vegito is showing a new way Ki Barriers can use". Like, the Ki Blade he uses, which a bunch of characters in Super later uses. But ignoring that, using the former way of thinking is kinda problamatic.

The first being that Vegito Ki Barrier is never treated as something special, or that have some of sorta of special ability so we can assume that his barrier Is special.
it is visually very different from any other barrier we ever saw, why is the default assumption that it is a normal barrier when it doesn't look even remotely similar one at all? and it is treated as special since it is what allowed him to be protected against Buuhan's absorption

Because you know, with him being 1 hour old, is very unlike for him to have make a special type of barrier against Buu Absorption without training to counter the ability. He don't have time to developed a ability like that. If you want to argue he made on the fly, like sure, but you overcomplicated things for no reason. 2 point.
he has Goku's and Vegeta's skill, Goku thinking of new moves on the fly is actually pretty normal all things considered, it would explain why it looks so different from every barrier prior to this moment

The second is the way he using It. The Barrier Is protecting Vegito body of being absorbed. So why would't others characters able to do the same exactly? How Vegito did It is very simple, so It should be pretty cut and clear to others characters to do the same.
him using the barrier to protect himself serves as proof that others can do the same? how does the former proves the later? i don't follow

So Buu has shown the ability to absorb for like, 6 or 7 chapters now. And later on, he never tried absorbing anyone. So like, when It would be estabilish that barries can protect from barriers before? Cell? It could, but the Androids got caught off guard before they could do anything so that's Impossible.

There's not a point on the story that It could stablish that, besides here, when a character know about the absorbing power, and he shows that barriers could protect him.
i mean, that doesn't prove that it always had this capability or that all inherently have it

That's why i think the latter form of thinking is better than the former due to Occam's Razor.
does that really work when it looks completely different from any other barrier ever seen prior in the series?

it is visually very different from any other barrier we ever saw, why is the default assumption that it is a normal barrier when it doesn't look even remotely similar one at all?
does that really work when it looks completely different from any other barrier ever seen prior in the series?
it would explain why it looks so different from every barrier prior to this moment
The only real diference is that the barrier is surrounding his body and is tiny, instead of being a sphere of energy.
We can say that he made that way so Buu won't notice it, if he made a big ass barrier, Buu would either not absorbs him due to the energy blocking it, or noticed way sooner. Vegito is cleary being sneaky here, so he don't want that, so it makes sense for him to shrink down the thing.
So the visual diference makes sense.

and it is treated as special since it is what allowed him to be protected against Buuhan's absorption
I mean, the story don't treat the Ki Barrier as a special ability that he have, is just treat as him doing a normal energy barrier.
he has Goku's and Vegeta's skill, Goku thinking of new moves on the fly is actually pretty normal all things considered
Yeah, he usually makes new martial artist moves and energy attacks on the fly, but i pretty sure he never have a instance when he developed a counter to a ability he never trained against it before trought.
It also not really my point, i said you can argue, yes, but the argument is just overcomplicating things for no reason, when using the simple solution - of saying that Barrier don't have anything special and just a normal, but shrink out, ki barrier - makes more sense.
him using the barrier to protect himself serves as proof that others can do the same? how does the former proves the later? i don't follow
Ok then.
Well, when Vegito uses the Ki Barrier that protects his body, Buu can't absorb him due to the protection.
Now, character A does the same. Why character A would't be able to do the same, when his using the same method?
That's my my point.
i mean, that doesn't prove that it always had this capability or that all inherently have it
I not trying to do that in this reply, i saying your point of never being estabilsh before that Ki Barriers can protect the user for being absorbed don't work, since it never had a point on the story when that could have estabilish, besides here, it does estabilsh now.

So I'm fine with resistance for Vegito, the issue for Goku and Vegeta individually is that they haven't displayed a barrier in the similar manner as Vegito. Now, I get the argument that it's not treated as anything special, it's just seemingly a simple ki barrier. However, I think the issue simply stems from the fact that it's a new character (a fusion between to individuals through special items) who gained tremendous power, so who's to say he could not have gained a barrier that would allow him resist the full absorption process?

Again, I can see that it's possible for it to just be something that could apply to just standard ki barriers but it's all do to not much information given. So I'm fine with Vegito and possibly Goku and Vegeta but that's it.

However, I think the issue simply stems from the fact that it's a new character (a fusion between to individuals through special items) who gained tremendous power, so who's to say he could not have gained a barrier that would allow him resist the full absorption process?
The fact is never said that is the case.
Again, I can see that it's possible for it to just be something that could apply to just standard ki barriers but it's all do to not much information given. So I'm fine with Vegito and possibly Goku and Vegeta but that's it.
Sure okay.

So I'm fine with resistance for Vegito, the issue for Goku and Vegeta individually is that they haven't displayed a barrier in the similar manner as Vegito.
They did, in the TOP, they made a skin tight barrier which protected them from Poison, gohan can do it too as he and Goku thought up the best method to counter lavender was via the barrier, Vegeta figured it out on his own.
Now, I get the argument that it's not treated as anything special, it's just seemingly a simple ki barrier. However, I think the issue simply stems from the fact that it's a new character (a fusion between to individuals through special items) who gained tremendous power, so who's to say he could not have gained a barrier that would allow him resist the full absorption process?
Because the story doesn't treat it that way, literally, as you said, it's a simple ki barrier
Understood

Bump
WHEN I WAS YOUNG I WAS POOR BUT AFTER YEARS OF STRUGGLE I'M NO LONGER YOUNG

Last edited:
Bump
A THIEF BROKE INTO MY HOUSE AND STARTED LOOKING FOR MONEY SO I STARTED LOOKING WITH HIM

They did, in the TOP, they made a skin tight barrier which protected them from Poison, gohan can do it too as he and Goku thought up the best method to counter lavender was via the barrier, Vegeta figured it out on his own.
That's in the future... Them displaying years later isn't evidence of them having it in the past.
Because the story doesn't treat it that way, literally, as you said, it's a simple ki barrier
Visually it's a simple barrier but when things start showing properties that go beyond the norm, it could stand out, although that isn't always the case. That's why I'm not completely against it, just noting the potential problems people would have

Bump
WHEN I WAS YOUNG I WAS POOR BUT AFTER YEARS OF STRUGGLE I'M NO LONGER YOUNG
Bump
A THIEF BROKE INTO MY HOUSE AND STARTED LOOKING FOR MONEY SO I STARTED LOOKING WITH HIM
Bump
She ins't thinking about you
Probably the strangest thing I've heard all day.

That's in the future... Them displaying years later isn't evidence of them having it in the past.
I think there's a misunderstanding, I was not suggesting that dbz Goku and co get it, but their dbs versions
Visually it's a simple barrier but when things start showing properties that go beyond the norm, it could stand out, although that isn't always the case. That's why I'm not completely against it, just noting the potential problems people would have
I mean,only people who have shown the barrier technique and are stronger than vegito would be qualified for it, that's not a long list

So, Vegetto, or Vegirot for some people, is fighting Majin Buu (Gohan Absorbed), and he is just smacking him around.
So Majin Buu (Gohan Absorbed) seeing no other option because he used all his arsenal of abilities not really, but Vegetto would outchad everthing trow at him decides to uses his trump card, his absorption powers.

Homever, Vegetto as expecting that and egging Buu to do so. so when Buu tries to absorb Gogeta but less cool (Imagine being a grow ass man using earrings lol)
KfHkfXU.gif
85934679f30131d812a8c7475a7d0f74.webp

In the last second, he put a Ki Barrier around him and the chapter ends...

The next chapter
AcsQNwW.gif
2b7ffbbb9c4d2c762e5fbfa2a077b1c0.webp

Is turns out by using a ki barrier, he as able to avoid getting absorbed by Buu. He plans as actually to get absorbed so he can search Gohan and the others.
You may question "How the hell did he know he could do that?" and "Why din't he just kill Buu and revived everyone with the Dragon balls later?" and that's great question and i glad you asked.

Anyway, i proposing Vegetto and everyone comparable to him who can use energy barriers get resistance to absorption or Power Absorption by using Ki Barrier.

Or

Votes:
Agree: RenderGK (Agree for Vegito, Goku and Vegeta, unsure about everyone else) thetechmaster36(Agree with Power Absorption), Bernkastelll (Agree with possibly(?)), LuffyRuffy46307 (It seems good) Rutæhh (Agree with Power Absorption) Damage3245👑(Agree only for Vegito) SamanPatou👑 (Agree with Limited resistance only for Vegito) Flashlight237, [B]LordGriffin1000 👑 [/B](Agree for Vegito, and possibly for Goku and Vegeta)

Dissagre:
Neutral:
Seems logical for me

I think there's a misunderstanding, I was not suggesting that dbz Goku and co get it, but their dbs versions
I see, my mistake.
I mean,only people who have shown the barrier technique and are stronger than vegito would be qualified for it, that's not a long list
Doesn't really change the point, be it 10 or just 1 character in my opinion.

It seems like everyone is fine with Vegito getting it but it's mixed for Goku/Vegeta and everyone else. This should be fine to apply to Vegito's page at least.

Ok, i got some time now, i gonna apply this to Vegito the pages.
I gonna go with Limited resistance for now

Edit: nevermind, I can't edit anymore since I can't use my PC.

Last edited:
Back