• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DeathstroketheHedgehog said:
I know, I'm just correcting how some people think the speed will upgrade exponentially because volume increases exponentially.
the universe of dragon ball takes place in limited volume so it does increase the speed of whis if he's in a different realm which is up to statement or evidence provided by somebody and depending on the distance between his realm and the living one

If a x2 speed increase for a MFTL+ character is a major upgrade to you, I'm not stopping you.

I saw some people thinking speed being "100x faster lowball" was implied by the universe upgrade, so a x2 upgrade didn't seem that big to me in comparison.

LOL, even without those assumptions, Goku's countless zenkais, his three-year-training skit with Vegeta and gaining even more zenkais, Kaio-Ken fuckery and the whole stat-amp thing during the ToP would nevertheless upgrade his speed to a massive extent.

ToP itself was a zenkaifest.

Wouldn't some of those examples be based off of assumptions as well?

Besides, I was merely speaking for what the post talked about: Dragonball character upgrades because the cosmology increased. Those examples don't really fit in because the same could have been said before this thread was made.

Not really, his zenkais have no set multiplier, but they in and out of themselves are pretty massive, so to speak.

Wait, so the universe is shown to be 40-100 times bigger than it was before, and that only makes the characters x2 as fast?

The entire universe itself would become 40-100 times bigger, I have no idea how that would result in a smaller diameter.

KLOL506 said:
Not really, his zenkais have no set multiplier, but they in and out of themselves are pretty massive, so to speak.
Problem being they massively fluctuate back and forth in power increase, even back when they were first introduced. And iirc (might be wrong), but Trunks said something about how zenkais no longer work because Goku and Vegeta pretty much surpassed saiyans, or something along the line of that.

Warren Valion said:
Wait, so the universe is shown to be 40-100 times bigger than it was before, and that only makes the characters x2 as fast?
I never limited it at x2 speed increase (I said x5 at best from a glance), but to clarify: just because volume increases massively doesn't mean length does. For example If the Earth doubled in diameter, it would be eight times more massive.

"Problem being they massively fluctuate back and forth in power increase, even back when they were first introduced. And iirc (might be wrong), but Trunks said something about how zenkais no longer work because Goku and Vegeta pretty much surpassed saiyans, or something along the line of that."

Lowball, Zenkais would at least be 1.5x increase from before. Zenkais are never a "minor" increase.

Nah, Trunks never said that.

Problem being they massively fluctuate back and forth in power increase, even back when they were first introduced. And iirc (might be wrong), but Trunks said something about how zenkais no longer work because Goku and Vegeta pretty much surpassed saiyans, or something along the line of that.
Pretty sure the zenkai thing was debunked as manga only, so it doesn't count.

Zenkai's and breaking limits have been a big part of Super, especially in the ToP, so I'd have to call bullshit on that. The same thing could be said when Vegeta said they were reaching their limits back in earlier Super and then later got incredibly stronger and stated that Saiyan's had no limits.

I still feel like it's bigger than that, but ok I guess. I'll wait for a calc member to evaluate the blog.

Akreious said:
Lowball, Zenkais would at least be 1.5x increase from before. Zenkais are never a "minor" increase.

Never said they were a minor increase. I was simply saying they fluctuate back and forth a lot, so making guesses of power levels based on better zenkai moments would be assuming.

Also, where is everyone getting the idea that I've treated zenkai boosts as 'minor'?

Akreious said:

Never said they were a minor increase. I was simply saying they fluctuate back and forth a lot, so making guesses of power levels based on better zenkai moments would be assuming.

Also, where is everyone getting the idea that I've treated zenkai boosts as 'minor'?
this tread has derailed it was about the size of dragon ball's universe and now turing into zenkai boosts debate

Now to go back on track:

Wouldn't the 3-A size be even higher than the high-ball suggests by quite a fair amount considering the size of the Afterlife & the realms within ?

On topic, the AP would indeed increase, but the speed'd remain the same. The length according to the map doesn't change and that would be what matters for universe crossing feats.

The afterlife's size wouldn't really effect speed given that speed is a one-dimensional concept; but the diameter of the universes as well as the distance between universes would still effect speed; though not to the same extent as Attack Potency.

Like Cal said, the AP would increase but the speed, not that much. According to the calc you can see that the diameter is only 3.4x the diameter of the observable universe.

The increase in size makes sense even as a low ball. I definatly support it. Likely the real size of the Unvierse is way bigger than even that anyway. Also yes, it should bump up AP especially, and speed somewhat if all feats that use observable universe as a distance in them.

If the Universe size blog will be accepted it will make the Super char. in a greater 3-A Grade, but it will just affect Super or also the Z Toei Anime and GT continuity ap wise?.

KLOL506 said:
It will affect DB as a whole.
Only the char. that affected the universe like FR Goku/GT Goku or also the other feats like Manga Cell solar system busting and Toei quickly Broly destroying the solar system of the south galaxy.

Not the solar system thing or galaxy thing (possibly), only feats that involve blowing up the universe.

Also, Second Coming Broly should be 3-C since he stomped adult Gohan and SSJ3 Goku then.

Ok, the only thing that threatened to destroy the universe in GT was Super Yi Xing Long Charged Minus Energy Ball [Major attack more powerful than himself], which Gogeta easily repelled and lastly the Universal Spirit Bomb should be comparable.

It will only directly affect the 3-A characters. I don't know by what extent it would affect Goku shaking the afterlife or Manga Goku vs Beerus.

The Universe/Afterlife Shaking will be directly affected, as well as other feats similar like Goku & Beerus clashing in the Manga. It would bump those up significantly,but to a Unknown extent currently.

Also.... Again, wouldn't the blog be a lowball considering it doesn't assume the size of the Afterlife or realms of similar nature?

KLOL506 said:
Not the solar system thing or galaxy thing (possibly), only feats that involve blowing up the universe.
Also, Second Coming Broly should be 3-C since he stomped adult Gohan and SSJ3 Goku then.
Wot?

Goku never went Super Saiyan 3 against Broly, what are you talking about?

Warren Valion said:
KLOL506 said:
Wot?
Goku never went Super Saiyan 3 against Broly, what are you talking about?
He didn't?

I guess my memory isn't in the right place.

AguilaR101 said:
The only foreseeable changes are current speed feats getting boosted by 2x and AP feats by 8x.
Nah, AP's gonna get a massive boost (upto 1100x according to Medeus). And the calc only assumes the size of the mortal universe, not the Afterlife.

KLOL506 said:
He didn't?

I guess my memory isn't in the right place.
He stomped a Super Saiyan 2 Gohan by himself, but he lost to the Family Kamehameha.

In which Goku came down from the sky, turned Super Saiyan, and along with Gohan and Goten, both of them also went Super Saiyan, they blasted Broly into the sun.

Here's the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back