• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Schroeder said:
DarkDragonMedeus said:
The universe is unquantifiably larger than the observable universe for sure. Dragon Ball's cosmology places the Earth at the edge of the Universe, which would basically translate to this. Point A is the edge closer to Earth, Point B is Earth, Point C is the edge farther away from Earth. Line AB would be at least 46.5 light years which is the observable universe radius, where as line BC would be astronomically bigger than that. And of course; on top of all that, the afterlife being even larger than the mortal realm would make the result even larger than that.
So the exact size is unknown, but it should be far above 93 lightyear diameter yes.
This is my take on the whole situation, by the way. I don't think you can do any calc.
DDM's message was way before the calculation that Kep brought was linked through:

Besides, the math looks fine to Kep.

The math is fine but that's not the point DDM or Matt was making.

Sera EX said:
3-A through Low 2-C are being revamped anyway. I don't recommend trying to implement this immediately just to have to go back and re-discuss it a few weeks later. Unless you have no issues with that (then be my guest).
Where are the revamp happening though, Sera EX?

Hmm. Some time early next month, I'd say. Although I don't think the staff will revise the many profiles affected by it until the summer.

Sera EX said:
Hmm. Some time early next month, I'd say. Although I don't think the staff will revise the many profiles affected by it until the summer.
What will the revision entail?

That still needs to be discussed (not here of course) but Ant and I discussed the possibility that 3-A may not be needed with most fictions not distinguishing between 3-A and Low 2-C. Hell, Ultima and I already mentioned how the modern definition of universe is "all matter, space, and time") and not just "a huge bunch of galaxies". 3-A may instead be relabled "Low Universe level" specifically for observable universe feats. And universal feats will automatically start at Low 2-C. High 3-A may be removed. I don't know yet as none of this is confirmed.

Sera EX said:
That still needs to be discussed (not here of course) but Ant and I discussed the possibility that 3-A may not be needed with most fictions not distinguishing between 3-A and Low 2-C. Hell, Ultima and I already mentioned how the modern definition of universe is "all matter, space, and time") and not just "a huge bunch of galaxies". 3-A may instead be relabled "Low Universe level" specifically for observable universe feats. And universal feats will automatically start at Low 2-C. High 3-A may be removed. I don't know yet as none of this is confirmed.
Interesting.

Sera EX said:
Well, it looks like it would more accurate of rating, nice

Sera EX said:
most fictions not distinguishing between 3-A and Low 2-C.
It's nice that this is finally aknowledged on here, which means omega saints should rather be Low 2-C. Not sure for people like omega shenron, though stuff like minus energy seemed to be pretty specific as it only affected matter/energy correct me if im wrong.

Well, the new calc being accepted would mean all the 3-A's in Dragon Ball would be around 40x stronger than they are now, and the Massively FTL+ speed feats would be 3.41995189335x greater. I think the speed feats being altered accordingly wouldn't hurt given it's not like that's going to be affected by the 3-A to Low 2-C revisions. But I suppose the AP bit may or may not have a good point.

Although, that might be a good point if we're going to revise those tiers in general. Still feel iffy for even base forms to be upgraded to Tier 2, but so be it if that's what's decided. It's true that actual definition of universe is very specific Space-Time Continuum, rather than just all physical matter. But anyway, that's reserved for another thread at another time, and for staff to discuss.

about the dimensionality of the universes in dragon ball. the universes in dragon ball are composed by world of the living, world of the dead, world of demons and the world of the kaiohs (aka world of the gods) normal kaiohs in other words; those who do not qualify to be kaioshins. up to 4 or 3 dimensions, if you consider the world of the dead and the gods as one dimension, and those dimensions make up a universe in the dragonball world (if you add the spatial dimensions (height width and depth) 4 or 5 dimensions)

if you consider the individual half time shared between them we have 5.5 dimensions. besides the dimensions that make up a universe we have the dimension of the kaioshins that orbit the universe and it is 1/4 of its size (1/4) of 5.5), (I'm pretty sure that of more than 6 dimensions)

if you consider the theory of the second dimension of time, where after all existing dimensional levels there is another dimension of time, (think thus as the dimension of normal and erased time of the time line when traveling in time in hyper time hypothetical of this second dimension of time that overlaps all others including the first dimension of time) that time travel is recorded in history (type when you are watching a movie about time travel the characters travel in time do not remember the modification of time (as the time traveler remembers, and in other cases there are the points of singularity that are capases thereof as well, but from the point of view of a being of the hyper time all those trips in time would still be recorded not in his memory but in hyper time line)

(this theory I saw in a Brazilian video but it is basically the time dimension is not the only higher dimension and that after all the others there is a (higher time dimension) and in this dimension the time travels made by beings of the 4 dimension (if we technically are of the fourth dimension otherwise we could not move because the time dimension and that we use for that) by going through that dimension where the concept of basic time is broken, but the complex concept is not (the dimension of hyper time would be basically a dimension where the whole history of everything is recorded, including time travel) of beings of the lower dimensions (this would explain why some time manipulators are so weak and others are so overpowers simply by manipulating the same type of concept and in some cases same way) ps do not presisa take this as fact because if they did this would only complicate wikia, but that is something to think about it

and as you can say this, theoretically nobody knows how the dimensions work, because we never leave the dimension where we belong, everything is just theories

If there is no size / official data that is not contradictory and that talks about the size of the universe or something that can be compared without using calculations that can over-exaggerate things more than they already want, the size of our observable universe is used.

PairusDragonoid said:
If there is no size / official data that is not contradictory and that talks about the size of the universe or something that can be compared without using calculations that can over-exaggerate things more than they already want, the size of our observable universe is used.
It is blatantly large than the observable universe though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back