• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super speed upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was thinking about the Beerus vs Goku battle, and I think something was overlooked. When Beerus nullifies the explosion from his and Goku's clashing attacks, it is stated the attack will destroy the Universe, and it shows the energy even reaching out into other realms as well within seconds even from the mere clash.

When Goku and Beerus energy waves clash and then explode after a struggle Beerus nullifies the very energy that is exploding and engulfing the Universe according to the narrator and kaioshin and would destroy it in that moment had he not.

So we should technically be able to say Beerus reacted to and nullified an energy explosion that can engulf the Universe and beyond in seconds. Theoretically this should put SSJG level fighters at hundreds of quadrillions of times ftl speed to Quintillions of times ftl at least.

http://imgur.com/a/z7tga

http://i.imgur.com/At1Tria.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/55f8vro.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MqP67jW.jpg

Video of Feat

https://youtu.be/7J2ASqX_FO0?t=59

For a specific calc we know the earth is on the edge of the Universe in Super, and the energy explosion will reach across the entire Universe and beyond to other world and Kaioshin realm. Since we don't know the distance beyond the Universe we can just use the Observable Universe as our distance to low ball the feat.

For a timeframe it clearly was at that moment, as the kais expected to die from the explosion right away as it exploded and they saw it do so, and the explosion was already appearing in their realm from the mere clash of Goku and Beerus blasts within a second onscreen. It seems to reach the kaioshin realm in a second or less in terms of onscreen time.

http://imgur.com/a/93VpY

So for timeframe if we say high end is 1 sec and low end is 10 sec I would think that is fair.

High end

93 billion light years in 1 sec

879,800,000,000,000,000,000,000km / 1sec / 300,000 = 2,932,666,666,666,666,666 times ftl

Low end

93 billion light years in 10 sec

879,800,000,000,000,000,000,000km / 10sec / 300,000 = 293,266,666,666,666,666 times ftl

Edit:

This is measuring the speed of the ki blast collisions explosion, not the shockwaves, nor the light from the clash, so the whole shockwaves not following normal physics or being predicted arguments are irrelevant to this feat, as it is not one of the shockwaves but an actual explosion from the ki attacks.

We can clearly see here the explosion at least detonates and starts expanding before nullified, as opposed to shrinking or being nullified before detonation.

http://imgur.com/a/KFfYq

Beerus is known to have not used full power, even to nullify the attack, as Whis says after the battle he did not go full power, apparently he only used equal power to Goku, since Goku continues to grow stronger and combated Beerus power which he used during the clash and nullification, in fact he said nullifying Goku's later attack would be more difficult.

http://i.imgur.com/NTe3lwi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/y3KrgCk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4hDSJny.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YOyC7oV.png

http://imgur.com/a/TocWU

So Beerus nullification reaction speed level should scale to all god tiers imo.

i would like this but make a calculation in a blog maybe that would get more attention

TISSG7Redgrave said:
i would like this but make a calculation in a blog maybe that would get more attentio
Ummm the whole universe is an unknown amount greater than the observable 91 billion light year wide universe (like much much bigger)

and im not even including the other world and other pocket worlds in this lol

yeah but that at least we sort of got something lol as a giant low ball

This logic is flawed. I'll start by saying a minor nitpick which doesn't impact the matter: both Goku and Beerus were nullifying the shockwaves their own way.

Now, with the actual subject of discussion. There are several reasons why this doesn't work.

1: Beerus and Goku were both surprised by the shockwaves the first time their fists clashed. None of them did anything to nullify the shockwaves at this particular moment.

2: The implied results of point 1 is that Beerus didn't react to the appearance of the shockwave, but expected it. All he had to do was time it, just like Goku explained thereafter that he had a difficulty with and had to perfect his technique. Hence, this absolutely cannot be counted as a speed feat, but strictly as a DC feat.

when was goku and beerus surpised at the shockwaves? And it was mentioned that goku was nullifying the shockwaves.

Like was said Goku was reacting to and nullifying the shockwaves with his own perfectly placed strikes. But also this is not just shockwaves, even the energy explosion itself was able to cross the Universe and was stated to engulf the Universe yet Beerus could react to it and nullify it to before it could spread and do it. So not only the shockwaves but the ki explosions as well, both had that speed and Goku and Beerus reacted to both and nullified both (albeit they both did it in different ways).

I will do an edit for a specific calc in that case I suppose if people want it. Also if you guys want a blog I can do that as well.

It makes sense on paper, but I'm not sure something like this should be taken at face value. It seems to dip into the realm of determining striking speed via kinetic energy/destructive force of a punch. I think overall context and intended portrayal of story telling matters more.

i.e. a character busting a planet with a punch is meant to be a portrayal of a character's strength, not speed. Beerus nullifying a universe-busting blast, is meant to be a portrayal of Beerus' sheer power and hax, not his speed and reactions. Plus, I also agree with what Blade0886 said. Beerus already knew it was universe-busting. So it's really just a matter of timing and anticipation, not reaction.

Most of the discussion seems to be on the blogpost now. So this thread seems a bit redundant and unnecessary. I'll close this. If another staff member thinks this needs to go back up they can either message me or reopen it themselves.

Alright Ant and I thought it would perhaps be a good idea to have a highlighted thread in order to get more input, as this is potentially a massively significant change for very popular/controversial characters here. So I reopened this thread and gave it a highlight.

Here is a video detailing some of the events. Goku and Beerus give their final clash, a flashing light Mr. Satan points out emerges. As it gets brighter and brighter the Z Fighters and various others prepare for the end. However a gigantic explosion occurs, though instead of obliterating the universe, it barely reaches past the planet. This is due to Beerus nullifying the energy he and Goku exerted.

Now one potential problem I see with this, is that there seems to be an assumption that Beerus nullfied the energy immediately after the explosion happened. As opposed to him nullifying it while the Mr. Satan and the rest were preparing for their deaths. The latter interpretation, would not only make this feat completely unquantifiable, but vastly slower than what this calc would suggest.

How does the rest of the staff and other users feel about this issue I brought up? Do you agree or disagree and why? Any valid input would be greatly appreciated.

Well we can clearly see here the explosion at least detonates and starts expanding before nullified, as opposed to shrinking or being nullified before detonation.

http://imgur.com/a/KFfYq

So I think him nullifying it after it has started is the one with more proof and more likely.

I'm not saying that the former interpreatation is impossible. However I think it is too uncertain that immediately after the explosion goes off Beerus nullifies the energy. Rather than him already starting to nullify the energy beforehand, causing the explosion to not be that dangerous once detonated.

I would also appreciate staff input regarding Ryukama's points.

I would agree that it is possible he started to nullify it before without the scene and just text, but going by what we see, we see the explosion start and expand, then it suddenly disappears while expanding, this would imply to me that it was nullified after it started. I mean if there is proof he started nullifying it ahead of time sure I'd agree it would make the feat unquantifiable, but I only see proof for him doing it after detonation.

It's kind of like Thanatos speed feat, we see it start to move like a beam so we assume logically when it passes through the hyperdimension and such it continues to travel just like that since we don't see it use a portal or anything else like that, which we know they are capable of making, well same here, we see the explosion start, and then abruptly be nullified, so I don't think we have reason to believe that he nullified it beforehand when that is never shown or hinted at, and we actually see the detonation occur, which it wouldn't if he nullified it beforehand.

I guess that's a fair point, though I'd still prefer other staff members to give input as well.

There isn't any problem here unless you want to be picky and say humans reacted to it,but that is common thing in fiction and shouldn't be taken as a fact.

Unless you want me to believe attack would need over 270 quadrillion years to destroy Universe which makes no sense for obvious reasons.

I don't really see anything wrong with this calc, but idk. Something just tells me that they aren't that fast yet. I don't think that this was meant to show speed, but rather Beerus' power, but if the calc can't be debated, then i guess it's good. But one thing i could say is that it's inconsistent with Whis' flying feats since in this series at least, combat, reaction, and flying speed are all relatively the same. That's literally the only thing i see wrong with this

Jo-Smooth said:
I don't really see anything wrong with this calc, but idk. Something just tells me that they aren't that fast yet. I don't think that this was meant to show speed, but rather Beerus' power, but if the calc can't be debated, then i guess it's good. But one thing i could say is that it's inconsistent with Whis' flying feats since in this series at least, combat, reaction, and flying speed are all relatively the same. That's literally the only thing i see wrong with this
what?

Combat & reaction speed was always by far much much greater than flying speed

I'm actually with Sak on this. Despite the fact that I don't agree with this, and Super is in the process of making this no longer true, the theory is that DB has greater combat/reaction speed.

Well all of Whis' speed feats are massive low balls and it's more do to the fact that we are always missing one or to little pieces of information the make his feats sub par.

The calc were using now is due to the fact that we only know for sure that he had to fly past 4 galaxies though it's extreamly likly that it was way more then 4.

This calc isn't even a feat... It's just a showing of Beerus' power and he nullified the shockwaves at their source, not across the universe, otherwise there wouldn't have been any.

@BruceTheBatman It has nothing to do with shockwaves, it is an explosion stated by the narrator and kais to be an immediate Universe buster. Beerus nullifies it after it explodes but before it can even destroy Earth. Hence his reaction speed is on par with the explosions speed, which can cross the Universe in an instant.

If Beerus can stop an explosion that can reach the universe almost immediately, before it even reached past earth, that is indeed a speed feat.

However I am somewhat sceptical that Beerus did so after the explosion, but I have failed to garner much staff opinion on that matter sadly.

Since this is an important issue for our most visited franchise in the wiki, you can ask the other staff members to give input here and in the blog post, if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back