• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Movie Upgrades

Tbf, using the fight against a completely broken Jiren is admittedly faulty. But base Goku becoming stronger than a well transformed Vegeta for a very short period of time before Vegeta caught up I think is still consistent; their fusion would still be a lot stronger than either one of them even if Goku might have had to lower his PL given Metamor fusion is limited by the weakest link and would hypothetically have made Vegito a lot stronger at the time had they had potara earings. They go from being evenly matched to Goku being a lot stronger back and forth. Though when they fused, it seems Vegeta might have gotten stronger again to where he was close to Goku's PL again. That's another thing, DBS has kind of done something where zenkais can sometimes just happen at random without their body being "Broken and rebuilt".

But base Goku becoming stronger than a well transformed Vegeta for a very short period of time before Vegeta caught up I think is still consistent;
To such an extent where Base Goku is stronger than SSG Vegeta? No. Especially when SSB Vegeta was able to dodge attacks from SSJ Broly and keep up with SSB Goku
They go from being evenly matched to Goku being a lot stronger back and forth. Though when they fused, it seems Vegeta might have gotten stronger again to where he was close to Goku's PL again. That's another thing,
It makes no sense why Base Goku would be > SSG Vegeta when just before Broly came to Earth he and Vegeta were sparring in Base forms
DBS has kind of done something where zenkais can sometimes just happen at random without their body being "Broken and rebuilt".
Only Goku Black has shown to abuse zenkais that way. Goku and Vegeta's cases are vastly different

To such an extent where Base Goku is stronger than SSG Vegeta? No. Especially when SSB Vegeta was able to dodge attacks from SSJ Broly and keep up with SSB Goku

It makes no sense why Base Goku would be > SSG Vegeta when just before Broly came to Earth he and Vegeta were sparring in Base forms
Basically this.
Only Goku Black has shown to abuse zenkais that way. Goku and Vegeta's cases are vastly different
Also good point. Goku Black's a special case, I believe, because of Zamasu's soul being inside Goku's body and his divine nature. I believe that's what allowed him to gain more power through combat than Saiyans normally would through fighting, but that standard shouldn't be applied to all Saiyans.

Tbf, using the fight against a completely broken Jiren is admittedly faulty. But base Goku becoming stronger than a well transformed Vegeta for a very short period of time before Vegeta caught up I think is still consistent; their fusion would still be a lot stronger than either one of them even if Goku might have had to lower his PL given Metamor fusion is limited by the weakest link and would hypothetically have made Vegito a lot stronger at the time had they had potara earings. They go from being evenly matched to Goku being a lot stronger back and forth. Though when they fused, it seems Vegeta might have gotten stronger again to where he was close to Goku's PL again. That's another thing, DBS has kind of done something where zenkais can sometimes just happen at random without their body being "Broken and rebuilt".
So you're saying in the span of a battle where Vegeta barely even got scratched, his body would somehow give him a Zenkai Boost that would allow him to become equal to Goku in power when base Goku is somehow stronger than SSG Vegeta? Do you not realize how crazy and illogical that sounds?

@godofice I don't think he's talking about that. And yes that Base Goku is superior to God Vegeta and that soon after for some reason Vegeta was comparable to Goku, since their blue versions were comparable.

I think he's disagreeing with that.

Last edited:
What I also think. Base goku didn't deal much damage to Wrath and God Vegeta wasn't extremely beaten up as they are talking about. Besides, normal blues should have the same multipliers within the story. And Vegeta blue is comparable to Goku Blue, so logically their base forms shouldn't have an infinite difference in power. Besides Vegeta wasn't beaten close to death to have a Zenkai, he didn't even take much beating.

Inconsistency is the answer, especially when base Vegeta is able to catch up to blue Goku running away from broly, and then both SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta tag team broly later on and do about equally. I’m honestly surprised at how many people agree to this, cause I only see it on this wiki only.

Base Goku isn't > SSG Vegeta, the guy just displayed a better fighting skill than Vegeta, but he still get overwhelmed and transformed from Base to SSJ to SSG pretty quick. In DB it is well established that you can hold your ground against a far stronger opponent for a good amount of time if you somewhat better than them in term of fighting skill, battle strategy

Base Goku isn't > SSG Vegeta, the guy just displayed a better fighting skill than Vegeta, but he still get overwhelmed and transformed from Base to SSJ to SSG pretty quick. In DB it is well established that you can hold your ground against a far stronger opponent for a good amount of time if you somewhat better than them in term of fighting skill, battle strategy
Exactly. It's like when base Goku was able to fight against SSJ2 Caulifla in the ToP. Was base Goku stronger than SSJ2 Caulifla? No, but he could overwhelm her using his unique techniques. SSJ2 Goku fought evenly against SSJ2 Caulifla and Kale. Same applies here. Goku could just barely hold his own using strategy, and he still had to transform to SSG to stand a chance against Wrathful Broly.

I see your point, but that didn't stop Vegeta from getting overwhelmed in SSJG by a slightly lesser version of Ikari Broly.

Also, the director's statement about the movie says that Goku is "already approaching the level of the Gods", while Vegeta is "furiously trying to catch up".

I see your point, but that didn't stop Vegeta from getting overwhelmed in SSJG by a slightly lesser version of Ikari Broly.

Also, the director's statement about the movie says that Goku is "already approaching the level of the Gods", while Vegeta is "furiously trying to catch up".
Vegeta wasn't overwhelmed, he was just pressured. We have no idea how it would've gone had Goku not interrupted the fight. He would've very likely been overwhelmed the same way that SSG Goku was, but it probably would've taken a bit. SSG Goku was still utterly thrashed by Ikari Broly, who wasn't much stronger than when he fought SSG Vegeta, or at least there's no visible proof of that. And I think it's pretty clear the director statement references Goku's Ultra Instinct, since it's been repeatedly stated to be a godly technique. But it doesn't outright say that Goku's power level far surpassed Vegeta's, and everything seen from the series so far doesn't indicate there's such an unbelievable gap between base Goku and SSG Vegeta.

But i do agree that Goku is > Vegeta if they all in the same form, since it is blatantly that Goku performed far better than Vegeta, there is no denying it
I mean, sure, but the statement doesn't mean much to be fair, since we don't even know what level of the Gods is refering to

Back