• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super (Manga): Discussing the fastest speed feat in the franchise

Context
In chapter 82, Goku and Gas teleport multiple times, going from planet to planet through space. It was part of Goku's plan to lure Gas away, so Granolah would have time to heal, and thus, Goku used 5 teleportations back to Planet Cereal, where the fight originally started.

Timeframe
This is not up to discussion, the manga gives us 20 minutes.

Distance
Now this is the topic worth discussing, apparently. I made a calculation on this, but apparently Mr. @Damage3245 did not quite agree with my methods.

Given how Goku needed more than one Teleportation to make it back to Planet Cereal, I think using an example of range for a single teleportation from Goku, using a weak Ki signature, would be sufficient for a distance for this feat. Thus, I came across the feat from Cell saga, where Goku casually teleports from Earth to King Kai's planet, covering a large distance. This is usable, as King Kai has a lower signature than the likes of Base Vegeta, available for Goku to sense during his altercation with Gas, and still, the distance was too great for him to do a single teleportation.

What do you think about this? Do you know a better distance we can use? Do you agree with the distance I proposed? Let's discuss.

Slight correct but Goku used at least eight teleportations during that sequence, not five.

I'll comment on the rest later today when I'm free.

It is worth noting that Goku's teleportation fluctuates depending on the ki signature.

Goku is able to teleport from check in station to the supreme kai realm where gohan is. Gas cannot teleport to SSB Goku from the planet whis to planet cereal. Thus you can use the center of the universe to the edge of supreme kai realm to get a greater distance.

Also I suggest another end which is a high end where you add each max distance crossed each teleportation. 5 teleportations using the minimum distance (earth to king kai) and 1 teleportation that uses the distance mentioned above because the galactic prison has prisoners with power levels higher than gohan in buu saga.

Okay, so it seems like the argument in its purest essence is:

1) Goku needed more than one teleport to travel from where he found Whis to Planet Cereal.
2) Goku travelled X distance beforehand on only one teleport.
3) So the distance from where he found Whis to Planet Cereal > X distance.

My issue with such an argument is that "Goku teleported multiple times to get from unknown planet to Cereal" is being mistaken for "Goku needed to teleport multiple times to get from unknown planet to Cereal."

All we know is that Gas is the one who is stated that it is too far for him to teleport there directly. Goku doesn't have that statement, and him following back his own trail of teleportations may be easier for him than having to stop to lock onto the Ki signatures at Planet Cereal.

Because it isn't a certainty, I think that the calc proposed in the OP would be a "Possibly" feat at best as the distance is unconfirmed and not directly supported.

Someone wrote that the planet Whis was on ,was the Angel realm that is outside of the universe. Is that true?

Okay, so it seems like the argument in its purest essence is:

1) Goku needed more than one teleport to travel from where he found Whis to Planet Cereal.
2) Goku travelled X distance beforehand on only one teleport.
3) So the distance from where he found Whis to Planet Cereal > X distance.

My issue with such an argument is that "Goku teleported multiple times to get from unknown planet to Cereal" is being mistaken for "Goku needed to teleport multiple times to get from unknown planet to Cereal."

All we know is that Gas is the one who is stated that it is too far for him to teleport there directly. Goku doesn't have that statement, and him following back his own trail of teleportations may be easier for him than having to stop to lock onto the Ki signatures at Planet Cereal.
Easier? I can definitely see that, but the distance crossed by Goku on Cell Saga to King Kai's planet was done casually, while having a chat with Gohan, while having a weaker Ki signature available to him. It was by no means Goku's furthest range in teleportation, both in Super, and in later DBZ, Goku has shown ranges twice as high as this, thus, it could act as a low end, as Goku should be able to casually read Vegeta's gigantic signature (in comparison to King Kai) if the distance were to be smaller than the one on Cell Saga.

I couldn't find a smaller distance of Goku flying through space too.

Reposting what I said on Discord in regards to measuring distance using King Kai's Planet and the Realm of the Kai:
I've never been a fan of using that map in order to gauge distances.

The Living Universe and Other World are two separate dimensions, sealed off from each other by a hermetic barrier.

Because of said barrier, spatially traveling between the two dimensions is impossible; the only ways to access the Other World from the Living Universe and vice-versa are to die or to teleport there.

The distance between one point in the Living Universe and one point in the Other World is [impossible to find].

@Nullflowerblush; I'm in agreement with that. The map and a lot of the pixelscaling around it is in general is pretty bad. I'll be making a thread to address the map soon.

Back