• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Disscussion Thread 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× said:
I completely agree with Celestial Pegasus! The whole episode was PIS. Even from the previous one you could see that plot nerfed Merged Zamasu so many times that sometimes I believed him to be weaker than Black.
The PIS started right at the start of the episode when Goku overpowered Fusion Zamasu attack, when both Trunks and Vegeta needed to use two full power galick gun to match it, Zamasu then suffered from strange things, Vegito got retconned and if this continues (thank that the arc is almost over) Trunks will surpass Whis withouth any training.

Hey guys its just a theory of mine but is it possible for Goku and Vegeta to go back in time via time machine and perform potara fusion with themselves of the past who have achieved Super saiyan blue forms and then do fusion dance with each other. Also what would happen if Gogeta and Vegito performed fusion dance.

And lastly ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) what would happen if Goku and Chi Chi performed fusion dance.

So Merged Zamasu and SsB Vegito punching didn't Shake the universe? Man if this keeps up we might need to call Beerus his Universal feat an outlier.

FTW395 said:
So Merged Zamasu and SsB Vegito punching didn't Shake the universe? Man if this keeps up we might need to call Beerus his Universal feat an outlier.
Agreed. And SSG Goku and Beerus could? SSG Goku is way weakr than both Vegito and Zamasu...

FTW395 said:
Mastered their ki not to "spill" out when punching eachother,simple as that.

Isn't it funny that Vegito's God Final Kamehameha didn't do anything to Merged Zamasu and Trunks Genki sword did?

╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× said:
Isn't it funny that Vegito's God Final Kamehameha didn't do anything to Merged Zamasu and Trunks Genki sword did?
Think that's because his Genki sword is supposed to erase all evil.

There singal funny BS here is that it took the power of nearly 7 billion people to overpower Buu while like 30-40 people + goku and vegeta who were at their grave was enough for trunks to beat Zamasu , really ?

Dude got his ass kicked by Black alone what the hell ? and zamasu how can you be oberpowerd by Goku and still can keep up with Vegito ?

That was horrible

ZERO7772 said:
There singal funny BS here is that it took the power of nearly 7 billion people to overpower Buu while like 30-40 people + goku and vegeta who were at their grave was enough for trunks to beat Zamasu , really ?

Dude got his ass kicked by Black alone what the hell ? and zamasu how can you be oberpowerd by Goku and still can keep up with Vegito ?

That was horrible
It's because the writers at Toei are some of the worst writers I've ever seen. They have no feel for storytelling, they don't know about consistency and they just re-use things from Dragonball because they lack the originality to come up with something themselves. GT was a horrible execution of a Story and so is Super. Guess Akira Toriyama has to do it himself otherwise it just Plain sucks.

FTW395 said:
ZERO7772 said:

That was horrible
It's because the writers at Toei are some of the worst writers I've ever seen. They have no feel for storytelling, they don't know about consistency and they just re-use things from Dragonball because they lack the originality to come up with something themselves. GT was a horrible execution of a Story and so is Super. Guess Akira Toriyama has to do it himself otherwise it just Plain sucks.
Agreed with both! Even if Genki Dama erases evil it was far too weak. The one against Buu was way bigger and stronger.

Wonder though how will Non Comporal Zamasu look in the next episode...

╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× said:
FTW395 said:
ZERO7772 said:

That was horrible
Agreed with both! Even if Genki Dama erases evil it was far too weak. The one against Buu was way bigger and stronger.
Goku, Vegeta or Trunks himself ALONE are worth a billion times more than the 7 billion combined against Buu, the only really stupid BS is that Trunks somehow got the ability to give said energy the Genki effect of destroying evil.

Also, Merged Zamasu was inconsistent because he was supposed to be. Watch the episode again, he went from overpowering Vegito momentarily to being almost unable to defend himself after he got big. It's not only his regen that got affected but his power as well.

Lastly, Goku's kamehameha has been able to overpower and damage foes many times stronger than himself since Raditz. His power focuses on the attack completely and makes it many times stronger than himself. If it wasn't special why not do a normal ki blast instead? That is what separates a special technique from a random blast or punch.

So this is the "battle that surpasses space and time" hm? Trunks asspulls, Nerfed Vegito that makes the Potara POINTLESS outside of Kaioshin... not a single feat that was space-time worthy outside of the HBTC feat, i am absolutely ******* LIVID, just as the arc was getting really good just as it was at it's climax, Toei ****** THE POOCH at the last second, see this is why Toriyama can't do bullet points, he has to get in there and do it himself otherwise Toei will **** it up somehow, both Toyotaro and Toei need to back off, because in somehow or some way they'll RUIN the arc, or deviate because they can't pay attention to simple ******* instructions and/or bullet points, that's ******* IT!!!

One more arc. I'll give it ONE more arc to fill out at least ONE of the following A.) be good in story and animation Or B.) introduce great feats and HAX that are BARE MINIMUM low 2-C

If either are not fulfilled I am DONE with Super for at LEAST a while, possibly won't come back

Master Xar said:
One more arc. I'll give it ONE more arc to fill out at least ONE of the following A.) be good in story and animation Or B.) introduce great feats and HAX that are BARE MINIMUM low 2-C

If either are not fulfilled I am DONE with Super for at LEAST a while, possibly won't come back
No point in hoping for new feats to come, because they won't. The new arc will probably be another tournament arc and no feats will happen there. We'll have to settle with Super just being a second GT.

Master Xar said:
So this is the "battle that surpasses space and time" hm? Trunks asspulls, Nerfed Vegito that makes the Potara POINTLESS outside of Kaioshin... not a single feat that was space-time worthy outside of the HBTC feat, i am absolutely ******* LIVID, just as the arc was getting really good just as it was at it's climax, Toei ****** THE POOCH at the last second, see this is why Toriyama can't do bullet points, he has to get in there and do it himself otherwise Toei will **** it up somehow, both Toyotaro and Toei need to back off, because in somehow or some way they'll RUIN the arc, or deviate because they can't pay attention to simple ******* instructions and/or bullet points, that's ******* IT!!!

Agreed that it was not nearly as epic as it should be, I expected much more to finish this arc. In fact, I haven't seen something that impressed to the scale of Beerus and God Goku shaking the universe with their punches.

Even so, I have to say that(in my opinion of course) you are wrong in point A, the animation has been excellent in several important episodes and the story of this arc despite it's rather lackluster finish was one of the most interesting and hype ones in the series. It really seems that you just want the characters blinking and destroying space-time. Oh well, this is a vs forum and I can't lie and say I don't want to see them get stronger to brag about DB characters as well.

@xar mind the language but also ik you like feats i mean i would like that too but I liked the story better and i don't really get why people focus on only feats cause that makes the experience not as enjoyable as it could be for ya not trying to sound rude to ppl but that's how i feel really...

Deu2Ex said:
╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× said:
FTW395 said:
ZERO7772 said:

That was horrible
Goku, Vegeta or Trunks himself ALONE are worth a billion times more than the 7 billion combined against Buu, the only really stupid BS is that Trunks somehow got the ability to give said energy the Genki effect of destroying evil.
Also, Merged Zamasu was inconsistent because he was supposed to be. Watch the episode again, he went from overpowering Vegito momentarily to being almost unable to defend himself after he got big. It's not only his regen that got affected but his power as well.

Lastly, Goku's kamehameha has been able to overpower and damage foes many times stronger than himself since Raditz. His power focuses on the attack completely and makes it many times stronger than himself. If it wasn't special why not do a normal ki blast instead? That is what separates a special technique from a random blast or punch.
Except they were worn off. Fusion energy ended. And so its still doen't make sense. Also Trunks didn't know how to use Genki Dama or what the tech itself was.

Plot is what made Meged Zamasu like that. Goku Kamehameha being stronger than father son Galick Gun which didn't do anything to Zamasu? Also Final God Kamehameha of Vegito which is >>> Goku's also didn't do nothing.

You know what!? I've had it with ALL of y'all. I personally enjoyed this episode VERY much. I think it could ne the best episode of Super. Also, second GT? Super is still LEAGUES above GT. This episode was what we needed. Sure there was PIS, but think about this; it was epic either way. Vegito only lasted 10 minutes or so, so what!? The show wasn't created to make new feats. It was created as a canon continuation of DBZ. Honestly, Trunks deserved the kill more than anyone. Zamasu has killed his mother in front of him, ruined his world, and quite possibly be the reason why his world will be erased. Sure there was PIS, but it was fun. Take yourself out of the "we need new feats" mentality. That's what's ruining the show for y'all. Step back and look at this arc as a whole. It was an AWESOME ride. We got, probably the 2nd best villain behind Frieza, we got new layers of the God hierarchy, we saw the return of 2 fan favorite characters, we saw beautifully animated episodes and top it all off, storywise, this was probably the best arc of all Dragon Ball. A villain with motivation who has gained the hatred of Goku, Vegeta, and Future Trunks in many ways. With Goku, the killing of his family. With Trunks, ruining everything he loved and knew. And for Vegeta, stomping on that Saiyan pride that he so dearly holds onto. As whole, this arc was beautiful with a perfect way to end it. Why be pissed of that Vegito was only here for 10 minutes? Honestly, this was just a preview of what's to come. Once Whis and Beerus hears about this, they're gonna want Goku and Vegeta to work and fuse together every now and then to perfect it. Who knows, maybe we will get an hour long battle between Whis and Vegito. The series is still going. It's still an awesome show. It's still VERY popular. Just stop worrying about feats or anything of that sort. A show is created in order to make someone happy, not to make really strong characters. Let's be honest, deep down inside, every single one of you thought Trunks was epic in someway whether it be the animation, the deservingness of Trunks to kill Zamasu, or the fact that humans plus GOKU and VEGETA gave him their power to defeat Zamasu. In a way, Trunks combined his own energy with Goku and Vegeta's. That's a heck of an increase. Anyways, don't give up on this beautiful show and keep it away from GT comparisons cause Super will win EVERY TIME.

Also, the universe shaking feat can't really be an outlier due the numerous times they've stated that Beerus, Champa, Beerus and Champa, were stated to be universe busters. Plus, Saint Seiya doesn't have a single universal feat, yet they're above DBZ.

@AnimeFanboy2916 I don't actually care as much about feats as I might portray, but I do care about consistency and somewhat above average story telling. Dragonball Super's storytelling is only appealling to little kids, because kids don't give a **** about what happens, when in reality the story is utter garbage. People at Toei have no clue on how to make a good story and they just compile all the shit they know that's associated with Dragonball. Into one huge big mess.

Lastly just because you're happy with whatever shit they throw at you, doesn't mean we all should be. I'm a huge dragonball fan and that's why I have insanely high expectations for this show. In my opinion it needs to be near-perfect, but that's an unrealistic thing to wish for. Still, better than the utter garbage that was GT should be mandatory.

@FTW395

I honestly think that it's Toei above all else. The ones who brought us GT and Saint Seiya Omega. Hopefully Toyotaro can do something in the manga that would redeem it. Also, appealing to little kids? If that's so, then why is literally everyone in this thread watching this show?

Stop whining about Saint Seiya not being Universal or not having Universal Feats, it just proves your ignorance.

Also, what do we call Trunks' new form? God-Ki Genkidama?

@Matt

The DB wiki doesn't even list it as a separate form, but in my opinion, "God Trunks" or "Spirit Trunks" are the best options.

This arc is a failure, i want to have a single 2-c feat and some decent hax. The story is ok, but it could have been better. And i couldn't have said it better myself, trunks is a walking deux ex maxhine or whatever it's Called. Surpassing time and space? Lol first try to surpass a city, then you can try to surpass spacetime.

Vegito less than a episode? I'm giving up on super, such a failure.

FTW395 said:
@AnimeFanboy2916 I don't actually care as much about feats as I might portray, but I do care about consistency and somewhat above average story telling. Dragonball Super's storytelling is only appealling to little kids, because kids don't give a **** about what happens, when in reality the story is utter garbage. People at Toei have no clue on how to make a good story and they just compile all the shit they know that's associated with Dragonball. Into one huge big mess.
Lastly just because you're happy with whatever shit they throw at you, doesn't mean we all should be. I'm a huge dragonball fan and that's why I have insanely high expectations for this show. In my opinion it needs to be near-perfect, but that's an unrealistic thing to wish for. Still, better than the utter garbage that was GT should be mandatory.

the salt in this comment is real....

AnimeFanboy2916 said:
@FTW395
I honestly think that it's Toei above all else. The ones who brought us GT and Saint Seiya Omega. Hopefully Toyotaro can do something in the manga that would redeem it. Also, appealing to little kids? If that's so, then why is literally everyone in this thread watching this show?
Because we're all die hard Dragonball-fans, I assume DbS is meant for little kids, because of how little the staff at Toei cares about their story. The first 3 arcs of DbS are garbage, including the Tournament arc. Quite literally the only good thing about the Tournament arc was the Goku vs Hit fight, though even that had horrible animation at times. The Goku Black arc was supposed to be really good but they ruined it completely with episode 66, which introduced so much dumb PIS that it completely ruined an otherwise good arc.

I.e.: DbS is an unforgiving pile of shit and people will realize that once the hype dies out.

Shad604 said:
This arc is a failure, i want to have a single 2-c feat and some decent hax. The story is ok, but it could have been better. And i couldn't have said it better myself, trunks is a walking deux ex maxhine or whatever it's Called. Surpassing time and space? Lol first try to surpass a city, then you can try to surpass spacetime.
Vegito less than a episode? I'm giving up on super, such a failure.

You do know that zamasu doesn't want to destroy the universe right?, he wants to kill the humans in them as he truly thinks that a world without mortals would be beautiful and humans can no longer posion the world

FTW395 said:
AnimeFanboy2916 said:
@FTW395
Because we're all die hard Dragonbal-fans, I assume DbS is meant for little kids, because of how little the staff at Toei cares about their story. The first 3 arcs of DbS are garbage, including the Tournament arc. Quite literally the only good thing about the Tournament arc was the Goku vs Hit fight, though even that had horrible animation at times. The Goku Black arc was supposed to be really good but they ruined it completely with episode 66, which introduced so much dumb PIS that it completely ruined an otherwise good arc.
I.e.: DbS is an unforgiving pile of shit and people will realize that once the hype dies out.
even more salt...

If you people think DBS is an unforgivable pile of poorly written and nonsensical PIS, do yourselfs a favor and watch Classic Dragon Ball Z.

You will not find a show with more consistently good animation.

You will not find a show with a fast and steady pace.

You will not find a show with complex character development and deep villains.

You will find a lot of characters getting stronger due to plot, new transformations and powers out of nowhere.

You will see lots of Character PIS.

You will find a series that introduces new characters to later cast them aside, and where the importance you have on the plot is determined solely on your power level.

You will find 10 episode long fights, half-episode long transformations, numerous minutes of staring and an immense quantity of filler episodes.

DBS is not a betrayal of the greatness that is Dragon Ball Z. It's simply continuing what the series has always been: Mediocre with some great moments. Nobody talks in length about every episode of DBZ, no. You watched it as a kid and you remember the good episodes and moments that stuck in your head.

And frankly, DBS is a lot better than Classic Z in a lot of departaments. It doesn't have infinitely long fights. The new cast is a lot better than any villain the Buu Saga gave us. It doesn't focus solely on Goku and Vegeta, specially nowadays. It's willing to have character development not focus solely on having a character get stronger.

If you are whining about poor episodes, inconsistent animation, PIS and the like, you are not a DBZ Fan, you are a fan of the nostalgia-filtered idea of DBZ, and if you are sad that the characters aren't 2-A Reality Warpers by now, you don't care AT ALL about the plot or show, you just want it to get stronger so Goku can stomp characters from other series.

@FTW395

Let's be honest here, when has DB been consistent and realistic in the power scale even before Power Levels were thrown away? That is something a huge dragonball fa should know perfectly well. People can't seriously complain that not every single thing is perfectly aligned with what they think is right in ANY work of fiction let alone DB. Being a fan is about liking something despite seeing and acknowledging it's faults not just seeing the faults and complaining about how it's trash for not being exactly as you want it. Like what you want and hate what you don't but don't say it's entirely horrible because of misplaced expectations.

FTW395 said:
@AnimeFanboy2916 I don't actually care as much about feats as I might portray, but I do care about consistency and somewhat above average story telling. Dragonball Super's storytelling is only appealling to little kids, because kids don't give a **** about what happens, when in reality the story is utter garbage.
You know what's more funny, Shinzo (The Japanese version) a year 2000 Toei Animation Series has a better story, animations, consistency and dialogues than Dragon Ball Super, even Blue Dragon is not that bad.

Dark649 said:
You know what's more funny, Shinzo (The Japanese version) a year 2000 Toei Animation Series has a better story, animations, consistency and dialogues than Dragon Ball Super, even Blue Dragon is not that bad.
I don't know how Dragonball is looked at in Japan. Maybe there it's just an average anime like everything else. But from what I know Dragonball is one of the most popular Anime's in the entire world and in my opinion that should be treated with some respect. Atleast letting it be on par with other animes would be great.

To be honest it's my own fault for letting my expectations raise because of this arc. I learnt to disminish my high expectations for this show after episode 5, but because of how well this arc was doing my expectations were raised again.

You do know that zamasu doesn't want to destroy the universe right?, he wants to kill the humans in them as he truly thinks that a world without mortals would be beautiful and humans can no longer posion the world

Yeah i forgot about that, but trunks powerups are ridicilous. I wanted more of vegito.

@FTW If you think this show is a failure then stop watching. We don't need to here your nostalgia blind anger. This crap has been happening since DB. Stop blaming DBS when the entire series has done this. Plus these "plotholes" are actually justifiable.

1) In DBZ the time limit was ASSUMED to be infinite with the Potara. But Vegito still defused. We ASSUMED it was just because of Buu's body.

2) The Kai's had no idea that the time limit would be any different for a mortal. They ASSUMED it was permanent but as we see with Buu it wasn't.

It is just world building. Also expanding on concepts not retconning. Like I said if you hate the plot of a DB series then don't watch it because DB has never favored story telling to begin with. Don't watch it or stop whining. Any real DB would know this. Stop focusing only on negatives. Think of the MANY positives.

Plus people complain that DBS is the Goku and Vegeta show (Geez I wonder why.) But when someone other than Goku or Vegeta defeats a main antagonist then we get mad. It isn't that serious. Also guys stop bringing up Saint Seiya in contrast to Dragon Ball. Hades has a universal feat. So do the other Gods. Seiya just has scaling....like Vegeta, and Trunks and Frieza, and Copy Vegeta, and Goku Black, and Zamasu, and Hit. They are scaled to 3-B and 3-A. Yet they never did all that. So leave Saint Seiya out of this please.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
@FTW If you think this show is a failure then stop watching. We don't need to here your nostalgia blind anger. This crap has been happening since DB. Stop blaming DBS when the entire series has done this. Plus these "plotholes" are actually justifiable.

1) In DBZ the time limit was ASSUMED to be infinite with the Potara. But Vegito still defused. We ASSUMED it was just because of Buu's body.

2) The Kai's had no idea that the time limit would be any different for a mortal. They ASSUMED it was permanent but as we see with Buu it wasn't.

It is just world building. Also expanding on concepts not retconning. Like I said if you hate the plot of a DB series then don't watch it because DB has never favored story telling to begin with. Don't watch it or stop whining. Any real DB would know this. Stop focusing only on negatives. Think of the MANY positives.

Plus people complain that DBS is the Goku and Vegeta show (Geez I wonder why.) But when someone other than Goku or Vegeta defeats a main antagonist then we get mad. It isn't that serious. Also guys stop bringing up Saint Seiya in contrast to Dragon Ball. Hades has a universal feat. So do the other Gods. Seiya just has scaling....like Vegeta, and Trunks and Frieza, and Copy Vegeta, and Goku Black, and Zamasu, and Hit. They are scaled to 3-B and 3-A. Yet they never did all that. So leave Saint Seiya out of this please.

Your right on many things, it's just that i Love vegito 3 or 4 episodes with him would have been perfect, and i wanted The arc to be a little longer, and this whole Zeno thing is very anti climatic if you ask me. But you do make good points mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back