• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Disscussion Thread 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
The arc so far has been great. My only complaint has been the way high tier fights are portrayed, no one will be faulted for wanting more creativity, which we have been getting in slow doses. Hopefully next episode will be even more creative if Zamasu becomes non-corporeal and he is inevitable dealt with. What will be a big problem with me is if Zeno one-shots him, to me all the previous fights will mean little if all they had to do was make a phone call.

Shock97 said:
The arc so far has been great. My only complaint has been the way high tier fights are portrayed, no one will be faulted for wanting more creativity, which we have been getting in slow doses. Hopefully next episode will be even more creative if Zamasu becomes non-corporeal and he is inevitable dealt with. What will be a big problem with me is if Zeno one-shots him, to me all the previous fights will mean little if all they had to do was make a phone call.
Sadly that Will most likely be the case.

Shock97 said:
i wish non corpeal zamsu says something that will make him tier 2 -c or something :/

or is about to do something on that level when zeno stops him

@FTW395

It does seem that way. Hope Im wrong.

@The Living Tribunal1

Yeah I've got a few hopes for how his non-corporeal nature could be portrayed. If the anime drops the ball with this you've still got hope with Toyotaro's interpretation.

i wish non corpeal zamsu says something that will make him tier 2 -c or something :/

or is about to do something on that level when zeno stops him

I don't think that anything he says from now is crediable, since he would be talking with rage, and with God complex villain no talk jutsu.

╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× said:
To put Mirai Trunks above SSB Vegito and Merged Zamasu is beyond me like it was done here... It was pure PIS...
Trunks should not be above fusion Zamasu trunks needed the earthlings energy to deafeat fusion Zamasu trunks individualy is leagues below fusion Zamasu

Aldahshan93161 said:
╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× said:
To put Mirai Trunks above SSB Vegito and Merged Zamasu is beyond me like it was done here... It was pure PIS...
Trunks should not be above fusion Zamasu trunks needed the earthlings energy to deafeat fusion Zamasu trunks individualy is leagues below fusion Zamasu
I know and that's why he should be put under SSB Vegito and Merged Zamasu in the Dragon Ball page...

╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× said:
I know and that's why he should be put under SSB Vegito and Merged Zamasu in the Dragon Ball page...
but the sword is a key in his profiel that is why

Theory:Trunks is a god of hope, he wasn't absorbing raw ki but the hope from the people around him. The major difference here is someone can have little Ki but a lot of hope.

Headcanon aside what do you guys think the next arc will be about? Personally I really want to see something Namekian but its more than likely going to be something with another universe.

RadicalMrR said:
Theory:Trunks is a god of hope, he wasn't absorbing raw ki but the hope from the people around him. The major difference here is someone can have little Ki but a lot of hope.
Headcanon aside what do you guys think the next arc will be about? Personally I really want to see something Namekian but its more than likely going to be something with another universe.
I like that idea

RadicalMrR said:
I want some kind of war or cross universe conflict. In the manga hints were dropped about an extremely futuristic Earth from Universe 12. I'd like to see follow-up with that.

Darkmon cns said:
╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× said:
but the sword is a key in his profiel that is why

Still disagree though... I would like Zamasu to return in a way in the future. It would hilarious if the humans from universe 12 cause trouble and Zamasu is partially right in the end...

╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× said:
Still disagree though... I would like Zamasu to return in a way in the future. It would hilarious if the humans from universe 12 cause trouble and Zamasu is partially right in the end...
I don't think so, through Zamasu had less screentime than Baby Vegeta.

I know DBZ has it's problems, I know DBS has improved on some levels in a few things, but in some aspects it's worse, I have not seen an asspull as gigantic as that since FAIRY TAIL, and they didn't go into specific about the 1 hour limit, what about Elder Kai? He fused with a witch and he went above the 1 hour limit. The arc was good and so was the last one, but this ending is SUCH a killjoy, it took all the momentum DBS had for popularity for the series and SLAMMED into a wall. The next episode doesn't make it better besides a possible hax from Zeno.

One more arc. And it BETTER be at least Cell level in terms of quality in both animation and quality OR Decent it story with bare minimum low 2-C

Call me a "feat-crazed" fan all you like I don't really care, I want both quality AND power progression in my series, I wouldn't have even minded it if they didn't MESS UP POTARA, and give Trunks an asspull so huge it would make Fairy Tail blush.

I dont even understand the potara hate. The explanation given removes a plot hole and doesn't contradict what was said. Elder Kai said it was permanent, guess what, that was through first hand experience and hes a Kai so as far as he knew it was. Vegito unfused inside Buu without a reason now we have one and it works. The only reason I can think for people being this upset is because it changed how they see there one true savior Vegito.

It's not a plothole nor is it a retcon, it makes sense, but it's LAME, outside of the Kaioshin, the two fusion methods are little to no different in terms of time, outside of personality and look, possibly power, Vegito is basically a longer lasting Gogeta.

Master Xar said:
It's not a plothole nor is it a retcon, it makes sense, but it's LAME, outside of the Kaioshin, the two fusion methods are little to no different in terms of time, outside of personality and look, possibly power, Vegito is basically a longer lasting Gogeta.
what is there other then personality, look,and power?

Master Xar said:
Wait isnt that exactly what Vegito was before?

I felt like they should have gone with Gogeta, this way they could have avoided this backlash.

Still wondering about the entire Trunks ordeal though.

The Potara had weight to it that the metamorphoses fusion didn't, after this I was also hoping for interactions with Vegito and the cast but OH WELL!!! You never expected Gogeta to last long or interact with anyone, Vegito was different, not to mention Vegito love him or hate him seemed way more entertaining than Gogeta.

I do favor Vegito over Gogeta, the canon differences have nothing to do with it I just liked the former better.

I kinda saw this coming but I didn't want to believe it. I can agree that the arc had the most pis I've seen in history it was all over the place and just was bad but some of the characters were still ok and their was some good moments. This is why I wanted so feats not to make them destroy other people in a fight but to see what they can do. As all of you can see with no feats and weak statements we got people thinking Vegito and Zamasu are stronger then beerus and some think there on Whis's level.

They gave us that awesome Goku vs Beerus fight which is what made universe level possible then they just give us poor animation during the Frieza arc and nothing new, then the tournament arc that had decent animation and a kick butt fight (Goku and Hit) I can understand why nothing super could happen as they were in a small arena but we still got some unique characters out of it, next we get a small filler arc that gave us copy vegeta and now they give us this arc and the main problem is that they hyped it up but just didn't give us what we expected and it pissed a ton of DB fans off a lot but I don't think that's enough to outright quit the show or call it trash as it still gave us an ok story but sill kinda missed its chance to be great. I give the arc 6 out of 10 as it could have been a lot worse.

I give the arc a 8.2 out of 10, just because I felt they should have paused a bit and explained some of the new concepts and the ending felt a tad rushed. Otherwise it would have been a 9.4.

Arc forms was an 8.5/10 There was only 2 episodes that had really bad problems this episode was arguably one of the 2, but overall it was a great episode with GLARING issues and that's good enough for me, the voice acting especially in this episode with Zamasu was top NOTCH, you could tell he was frustrated, angry, and insane. A few notable lines in this that were notably well scouted was "YOU AGAIN TRUNKS!!!" During Trunks Asspull, and him Shouting Goku's name was great, animation was top notch.

All right I calmed down and looked at the positives and I may have overreacted a bit, I am hopeful for the next arc, but I won't drop the series if it isn't the best arc feats or not

Really they should have made the following things:

- Make fusion zamasu way more dangerous because honnestly he should be unbeatable For Goku and Vegeta, I was expecting more from a fusion involving Goku black who gave Goku and Vegeta a hard time when he was alone.

- Say something about fusion Zamasu being able to somehow take down mortels from different timelines/universes because his "zero human plan" is not impressive at all. I would hardly call it a "plan". Honnestly I would have love to see something like Goku black (or one of his clone) or fusion zamasu performing a dark genkidama or something like this by using the same kind of "spatial fissure" used by Goku black to be sure it's range would be amplified to the point it could reach different timelines/universes. That dark genkidama would basically force mortals to give their energy (to make sure mortals would die by giving all their energy). That was totally possible because Zamasu asked Zuno all he knew about Goku, so that means he knows about the genkidama and how it works.

- As someone said in comments, that's definitely not a "battle that surpass time and space". It could if they did what I said earlier.

About Trunks' "pseudo genkidama", it doesn't piss me off considering the incredible epicness of that scene, the fact he totally deserved the kill ... and the fact Goku and Vegeta also gave their energy (it would have REALLY pissed me off if just a few humans' energy were enough (Goku black and Zamasu killed almost everyone on earth).

well ok

i do wish zamasu ends up being 2-C somewhow

but even f that doesnt happen, i hope that the db verse is expanded to being a multiverse with infinitely many world, with each world being a group of 12 to 18 universes or something

at least that will give us a small chance that there may eventually be a villain who can threaten this multiverse ....

Alright out of all the MINUSES that Trunks' asspull is.

1.) he did deserve the kill, many have wanted that.

2.) the spirit bomb sword is a decent hax (hopefully) next episode his physical body is reduced to nothing, as long as Trunks doesn't BLAST him everything should be fine...

3.) Zeno will show up and we will know more about his power and abilities HOPEFULLY!!!

All right I have lowered my expectations to bare minimum, this is Dragonball, I underestimated how sporadic and varying both in quality (in animation and/or writing...) and feats/hax... next time no matter who it is from Goku to Beerus to Whis to Daishinkan to Zeno and beyond, it's best to just sit back, shut up, and watch it, I may be back from before when I left for a few months, and I got my hopes up, whether it's from a statement of a "battle surpassing space and time" to Universe Level characters doing... building to city level damage regardless of AP... I think it's best to just come in pessimistic to mildly confident at best, Super is just another lesson to not get too hyped too quickly.

In short, we're at 25 threads now... think it's time we save our posts for when truly epic moments happen TRULY epic, feat or not... not trying to be a killjoy.

I may comment here every now and then, maybe if next arc Goku has a new form or Beerus gets 100% serious, or if a HIGH 2-A gets his head crushed open by a Dragonball character, but for now, I am simply just gonna shut my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back