• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 83

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think it's THAT big as some people make it seems. Maybe not full power, but Gogeta seemed to take the fight seriouly toward the end.

He really has no reason to go easy on Broly.

Dude was tanking attacks from casual Gogeta Blue without much damag, even after Gogeta started putting more power Broly still hanged in there for sometime.

IMO he's equal or stronger than SSG Gogeta. Like come on, Gogeta won't go to SSB to use power less than SSJ2.

Think it was to make sure Broly wouldn't catch up to his power like he did when he went SS

He went for overkill to be safe

UltimateFlare said:
Think it was to make sure Broly wouldn't catch up to his power like he did when he went SS

He went for overkill to be safe
Look at SSG Vegeta vs Base Broly then look at SSB Gogeta vs LSSJ Broly, and compare them.

The gap between base Broly and God Vegeta was much bigger tbh. He literally one-shotted him with a casual punch.

And again, if Gogeta was afraid Broly might catch up and went for overkill then this support the argument that the gap wasn't that big after all. Gogeta was actively trying to murder Broly and he still tanked most of his attacks

SSJB Gogeta >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LSSJ Broly>>SSJ Gogeta > SSJ Broly > Base Gogeta > SSJBs

i think is safe to assume that Lssj broly was decently above gogetas mortal ssj forms. he is at around ssg gogeta levels if not above it. the gap between ssg and blue is huge for where he can fit between and still be far below gogeta blue

the gap is definitely quite decent, since gogeta was above brolys last power up even before he unleashed his aura. tho it is obvious that by that time broly had powered up enough to where it was necessary for gogeta to pummel him.

ZERO7772 said:
Dude was tanking attacks from casual Gogeta Blue without much damage
He was shown to be damaged at the end of the movie tho. It's just the current DB has done away with showing gore and blood which makes it feel like all the violence is having no effect on characters.

I'm just gonna say that in the Broly movie....everyone was tanking punches lol. It was towards the end when SSB Gogeta was straight murdering Broly is when u see someone actually experiencing pain

EDIT: SSG Goku getting slammed and Frieza getting tossed up like a salad are pretty much the only scene that someone was in pain

thats a change i dont like honestly. i doesnt have to be full on gore, but at least make them spit out blood and stuff. the damage factor was barely in the movie.

tyBlackeJan said:
I'm just gonna say that in the Broly movie....everyone was tanking punches lol. It was towards the end when SSB Gogeta was straight murdering Broly is when u see someone actually experiencing pain
EDIT: SSG Goku getting slammed and Frieza getting tossed up like a salad are pretty much the only scene that someone was in pain
Let's not forget the entire mass planetary genocide in the beginning of the movie and my homie saiyan getting offed by Paragus

And still no blood or gore was shown lol

He was shown to be damaged at the end of the movie tho. It's just the current DB has done away with showing gore and blood which makes it feel like all the violence is having no effect on characters.

I was referring to his final power up. He kinda shrugged off Gogeta's stardust breaker

I think it acts similar to that of the Spirit Bomb where it targets the evil in one's soul but definitely more effective. There's no official guides but if one looks up what it might do in Shin Budokai, there may be at least a non main storyline explanation.

AwkguyDB said:
I think it acts similar to that of the Spirit Bomb where it targets the evil in one's soul but definitely more effective. There's no official guides but if one looks up what it might do in Shin Budokai, there may be at least a non main storyline explanation.
The Genkidama in no way does that.

Dragomer said:
AwkguyDB said:
So Kid Gohan bouncing it back wasn't a thing

AwkguyDB said:
Dragomer said:
AwkguyDB said:
Goku say in your very own scan that it's because it's friendly fire and he is in no way pushing the genkidama to kill Gohan like he would to actualy kill an ennemy

But i guesse that rock was evil

And no, the super genkidama wasn't special, it had just more energy, there is no reason to suddenly pull property for it that are never even hinted at, it's the same as any other genkidama.

Dragomer said:
AwkguyDB said:
Dragomer said:
AwkguyDB said:
Goku say in your very own scan that it's because it's friendly fire and he is in no way pushing the genkidama to kill Gohan like he would to actualy kill an ennemy

And no, the super genkidama wasn't special, it had just more energy, there is no reason to suddenly pull property for it that are never even hinted at, it's the same as any other genkidama.
Um.......so if any person can just ..bounce attacks back that are friendly fire, then Sorbet would still be alive. Goku clearly says "so long as you don't have evil ki you should be able to repel it." Meaning if Gohan were say, Nappa, then it stands to reason that Nappa would be nothing but a pile of ash if he tried to repel it.

AwkguyDB said:
Dragomer said:
AwkguyDB said:
Dragomer said:
AwkguyDB said:

Um.......so if any person can just ..bounce attacks back that are friendly fire, then Sorbet would still be alive. Goku clearly says "so long as you don't have evil ki you should be able to repel it." Meaning if Gohan were say, Nappa, then it stands to reason that Nappa would be nothing but a pile of ash if he tried to repel it.
The energy was litteraly just moving randomly without any intent to do anything since Goku was almost dead on the ground, Gohan being pure of heart filled the requisite of the technique and thus could bounce it, if Goku was there actively pushing it, do you think Gohan would have been unarmed ?

There was nothing to repeal, Goku wasn't willingly throwing the attack at Gohan and Nappa isn't pure hearted so obviously he wouldn't be able to take control of an attack that has 'be pure hearted' as a pre-requisite to use.

And, once again, was the rock evil ?

>Super Saiyans with Blue hair is not fanfiction.

Super is fanfiction as well, Heroes is just BAD fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back