• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hst master said:
iirc when it comes to names, we just use what's more popular. And Toppo is definitely more popular than Top.
I prefer this. So many casuals who only watch the dub come to this site so it doesn't make sense to use the Japanese names. Heck we might as well call them ÒâòÒâ¬Òâ╝Òé 'Fur─½za 'and ÒâÖÒé©ÒââÒâê 'Bejitto '

Again, that's a bad double standard. We might as well start using the dub for scaling for those casuals who only watch Funi's trash dub. We either use the original Japanese as a base, or the English dub, using the English names when the rest of the dub isn't allowed to be used is wrong.

Except that name like 'Bejita' is just how they pronounce it and Vegeta is the correct romanisation or 'Vegita' work too depending on your country.

Japanese people have trouble with the letter 'v' in general.

I just realized something. If Potential Unleashed has the same multiplier of SSB, we could just use the scaling in Z and divide by 50 for backwards scaling. Lmao

Gohan got more of a boost than Goku did by SSJ3, but the boost wasn't so massive Kid Buu couldn't make up for it by absorbing Gotenks. Meaning it was nowhere near SSB levels of multiplying power until Gohan just made it better. Even if there was a more defined number we could use, which I do believe we don't have, the form is just more powerful in Super than in Z, and it's boost can't be applied retroactively backwards.

Zamasu Chan said:
SSJ Grades are overrated and how is SSJ2 not two times? Anything beyond that is honestly wank.
SSJ2 Gohan lost more than 50% of his power against Cell and was still able to contest his kamehameha and ultimately overpower it. Cell, who was easily stronger than Grade 4 Goku. So it stands to reason that SSJ2 is more than 2x of Grade 4 alone.

There is also that moment when only 50% power of Grade 4 Goku made Vegeta go like "Aww man, he surpassed me again dammit". That Vegeta already had Grade 2 and knew about Grade 3 which would make Grade 4 more than 2x stronger than either Grade 2 or 3.

So I was looking through a video series that goes and points out every error in the european spanish dub of Dragon Ball (not the latinoamerican one, the spain one) and wow it is a sea of **** ups.

But something that stood out for me is that Vegeku (how Vegerot is called in this dub) brags that he is 125 times stronger than Bubu (Buu's name in this dub), this would mean than his base for is 2,5 stronger than Bubu with Gohan absorbed.

And that is oddly one of the most accurate representation of their power levels I ever seen so far.

SSJ2 Gohan lost more than 50% of his power against Cell and was still able to contest his kamehameha and ultimately overpower it. Cell, who was easily stronger than Grade 4 Goku. So it stands to reason that SSJ2 is more than 2x of Grade 4 alone.

There is also that moment when only 50% power of Grade 4 Goku made Vegeta go like "Aww man, he surpassed me again dammit". That Vegeta already had Grade 2 and knew about Grade 3 which would make Grade 4 more than 2x stronger than either Grade 2 or 3.

Gohan got a rage boost as well as ssj2 dude. It was Goku's plan to get Gohan angry, SSJ2 was just a bonus.

As for grade 4, yes but that doesn't make it a different multiplier. Goku said it's SSJ but without instability, making it easier to train. That's why Goku and Gohan were so far above Vegeta.

So Lightning can strike twice in the Spanish dub it seems.

Vegeku says that not only Goku and Vegeta fused, but their strength multipled by 10 as well.

Years before Super was even a thing.

To be fair, FPSS Gohan was stupidly above FPSS Goku, to the point he believed he was holding back cause he couldn't believe is father was that weak.

And IIRC, Gohan was the one who thought Goku was aiming for a rage boost, Goku just thought Gohan's power as it was would be enough to beat Perfect Cell.

Granted, that's before Cell revealed his full power but hey, hindsight is a bitch.

Zamasu Chan said:
Gohan got a rage boost as well as ssj2 dude. It was Goku's plan to get Gohan angry, SSJ2 was just a bonus.
What, no? Gohan's rage is what turned him into a Super Saiyan 2. Goku saw Gohan's potential in the ROSAT and needed Gohan angry enough to transform. He didn't get a "rage boost", and anyway, those are just temporary increases in strength, look at every rage boost in the series for proof of that. Gohan's transformation was a permanent incerase.

Zamasu Chan said:

As for grade 4, yes but that doesn't make it a different multiplier. Goku said it's SSJ but without instability, making it easier to train. That's why Goku and Gohan were so far above Vegeta.
What...are you talking about? SSJ2 Gohan at less than his 50% power had enough energy to destroy Cell. He didn't get a rage boost, he was just lacking in confidence and worrying about Earth as stated by Goku.

That means 100% SSJ2 Gohan > 2x SPC (after zenkai) > SPC (before zenkai) > SSJ Grade 4.

Yeah they trained their SSJ to be stronger and better than the normal SSJ. That's called Grade 4 where they can increase their strength without gaining muscles and losing speed, as stated by Vegeta. That's not the same as Grade 1 which gives a 50x boost.

That's not a thing. Power levels aren't linear and it depends on how much energy the user is actually using, how much time is put into charging it and if the user is weakened or fatigued. Otherwise a character wouldn't be able to block his own kamehameha.

Goku's help was only mental, not physical.

UltimateFlare said:
So I was looking through a video series that goes and points out every error in the european spanish dub of Dragon Ball (not the latinoamerican one, the spain one) and wow it is a sea of **** ups.

But something that stood out for me is that Vegeku (how Vegerot is called in this dub) brags that he is 125 times stronger than Bubu (Buu's name in this dub), this would mean than his base for is 2,5 stronger than Bubu with Gohan absorbed.

And that is oddly one of the most accurate representation of their power levels I ever seen so far.
DBZ's Spaniard dub is the Titanic of bad dubs. It's so bad it's plain impossible to not laugh at it.

Man I remember the days when I believed Grade 2 was 1.50x SSJ and Grade 3 was 1.75x SSJ. Good Times. I just never had an answer for SSJ grade 4 like Kaiokenx1

AwkguyDB said:
Wait so with the fusion Multiplier the consensus is that it's Goku + Vegeta x10 or Goku x Vegeta x 10?
According to Vados it's (Goku+Vegeta) x tens of times.

AKM sama said:
That's not a thing. Power levels aren't linear and it depends on how much energy the user is actually using, how much time is put into charging it and if the user is weakened or fatigued. Otherwise a character wouldn't be able to block his own kamehameha.
Goku's help was only mental, not physical.
Nani? The Kamehameha and SSJ multipliers multiply power levels. If Gohan's Kamehameha is just an average Kamehameha then he wouldn't have overpowered Cell.

My point was that you can't put a definitive number on it.

AKM sama said:
AwkguyDB said:
Wait so with the fusion Multiplier the consensus is that it's Goku + Vegeta x10 or Goku x Vegeta x 10?
According to Vados it's (Goku+Vegeta) x tens of times.
So how could that be though because if that was the case Buu Saga Base Vegito shouldn't be anywhere near SSJ3 Goku let alone Buuhan being that tens of times is generally accepted as 10 - 100

@lon I know, I just pointed out one of the rare moment of cleverness it had.

@DBGuy apparently Kaioken x1 never existed on the manga, Goku only announces the multipler from 3 onward.

Also I should add that Vegeku starts out with the double voice in the episode he was formed unlike Gotrunk (Gotenks name in this dub) who has a normal voice, but then loses it and only speaks with Goku's voice from then on.

He's also apparently a superhero, teached Gotrunk the Ghost Kamikaze attack (yeah try to find what's wrong with that one) and also can form cages in his body with his brain.

Peter1129 said:
It's Goku and Vegeta's full power added together than multiplied by tens of times not their base form.
Ok so I think I see now, it's SSJ3 Goku + SSJ2 Vegeta x 10-100 and that's Buu Saga Base Vegito?

UltimateFlare said:
@DBGuy apparently Kaioken x1 never existed on the manga, Goku only announces the multipler from 3 onward.

Also I should add that Vegeku starts out with the double voice in the episode he was formed unlike Gotrunk (Gotenks name in this dub) who has a normal voice, but then loses it and only speaks with Goku's voice from then on.

He's also apparently a superhero, teached Gotrunk the Ghost Kamikaze attack (yeah try to find what's wrong with that one) and also can form cages in his body with his brain.
Geez I'm starting to hate the dub my whole life was a lie. What next you're gonna tell me the Hyperbolic Time Chamber is not as big as the universe?

side note

Could Goku qualify for Vibration Manipulation via this:

Goku vibrating his arms creating a soaring fist like shockwave to attack Jire

Vibration Manipulation is the ability to spontaneously create, manipulate, or otherwise utilize vibrations of any intensity in combat. This ability appears most frequently as an offensive attack, unsettling the ground beneath the target or sending destructive shockwaves to pummel foes. Note that this does not apply to characters who can create shockwaves through brute force, but have this ability as a special power or technique

UltimateFlare said:
I the Spaniard dub Ki was often called Vibrations.
That's actually....interesting. lol Because when you think of it charging up attacks have always caused so sort of seismic activity.

It would, but that's one of the many names ki has in this dub, there's also been spirit, aura, energy, etc and it's never used one consistently.

Also Vibrations are also what they call the movement vibrations (like the ones Goku used to catch Yakon early in their fight).

So at the end it's just another rename this dub has.

AwkguyDB said:
UltimateFlare said:

Geez I'm starting to hate the dub my whole life was a lie. What next you're gonna tell me the Hyperbolic Time Chamber is not as big as the universe?
i wish it was...

Zamasu Chan said:
How strong is LSSJ Broly compared to Gogeta?
the gap isnt known yet.

but picture you fighting someone who dodges everything you trow at him, while at the same time smiling while he is whooping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back