• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ovrhide said:
Dbh scaling is so dumb that right now cumber requires ssj3 to fight God toppo in the Manga. People who used heroes to scale the Canon contunuity can't be taken serious.
Do we have even have the full scans

My hypothesis Is that cumber was at his strongest when facing vegito. After that he has been watered down by the creators cause having someone at fusion + tier is just too insane.

Cumber is a Broly ripoff except much worse and lamer lol.

At least Broly had the whole Devil/Demon and legendary saiyan thing going for him. This guy is just dumb brute screaming "fight me" all time

Dragon Ball Super set out to make a better version of the original Broly.

Super Dragon Ball Heroes set out to make an even worse version of the original Broly.

Broly had a dumb backstory but he was still kino as f*ck. There's a reason why he's the most popular DBZ movie villain.

OG Broly was badass as hell but terribly written IMO.

"He's so cool! But he's so stupid!"

Ryukama said:

Ew beaten down tfs joke. M8 broly was fine it just afterwards his character was reduced to screaming "muh Kakarot" 24/7 in m10 and games

Ew beaten down tfs joke. M8 broly was fine it just afterwards his character was reduced to screaming "muh Kakarot" 24/7 in m10 and games

Dont you dare mocking Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Broly and his deep characterization. He has the best screams.

OG Broly is a very controversial character, but his rebooted self has been accepted universally with a lot of love. So its a win for broly fans.

The ironic thing is he could speak fine in M10 and M8 as a LSSJ. He just didn't want to in M10 until he whispered "Not until you're dead at my feet"

The ironic thing is he could speak fine in M10 and M8 as a LSSJ. He just didn't want to in M10 until he whispered "Not until you're dead at my feet"

Honestly the hatred for him became so annoying I honestly forgot he could speak well in m10 as well.

Broly had a strong lore impact, a decent backstroy (seriously, only his relationship to Kakaroth is dumb, the rest is fine), and had great fights. Only they didn't capitalize on the other two, and made him a gigantic meat head obsessed with Goku, which was somehow the characterization that we got struck with

Tipper17 said:
Ryukama said:

Ew beaten down tfs joke.
M8 broly was fine it just afterwards his character was reduced to screaming "muh Kakarot" 24/7 in m10 and games
I'll have to entirely disagree. That's not a beaten down joke, that's a pretty honest joke.

I was immensely unhappy with everything done with Broly even in M8 and remain so even now.

Broly isn't infuriating because he's a dumpster fire, he's infuriating because's hes a dumpster fire that had great potential, and that goddamn sucks. I still remember fondly one of the endings for a Dragon Ball Game, don't remember which, where Broly actually kills the Z Warriors... but being rid of Goku seemingly helps him move on, actually become the Earth's defender as he settles in down on the planet surprisingly, and there appears to be a chance Paragus can fix the horrible relationship with his son. Now that is some goooood shyyyyyt.

That was Supersonic Warriors 2. And there's another what if where he loses his memories and becomes friends with Hercule and Goten (I think), he eventually regains his memories, but decides to stay with Hercule and the Z fighters (Kinda like Buu) but still gets kinda triggered with Goku around (Not downright murderous but pretty pissed). And in the ending you're talking about, he doesn't settle down so to say, he just kicks whoever's ass that shows up and the irony is that in order to remain stable and not go completely batshit and rampage he NEEDED Goku as to keep his violent tendencies focused on a single thing. No Goku = He eventually starts blowing things up for kicks again.

Oh well, it still highlights what I dislike.

Broly isn't evil, he's ****** up in the head. But the so called reason for that ****** upness... is horrible, and just feels so damn dumb. And being ****** up in the head just makes him act like a not really very original sadistic blood knight with too much power, so like original super saiyan boosted a hundred times in the negative personality aspects. Broly doesn't feel like anybody while transformed, and he feels like a cliche villain while he is, and the supposed reasoning for it is laughable at best. It leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

Ew beaten down tfs joke.
M8 broly was fine it just afterwards his character was reduced to screaming "muh Kakarot" 24/7 in m10 and games

I'll have to entirely disagree. That's not a beaten down joke, that's a pretty honest joke.

I was immensely unhappy with everything done with Broly even in M8 and remain so even now.

Broly isn't infuriating because he's a dumpster fire, he's infuriating because's hes a dumpster fire that had great potential, and that goddamn sucks. I still remember fondly one of the endings for a Dragon Ball Game, don't remember which, where Broly actually kills the Z Warriors... but being rid of Goku seemingly helps him move on, actually become the Earth's defender as he settles in down on the planet surprisingly, and there appears to be a chance Paragus can fix the horrible relationship with his son. Now that is some goooood shyyyyyt.

Nope it's a tire down joke that's so beaten down that it lost any sort humor the moment it got repeated and quite frankly the whole oh he hates goku because he made him cry is outright wrong and honestly screams of not watching the Japanese version

Anyways regardless on which version of broly is better the old broly beat his new counterparts in one area.... being threatening.

I doubt it. The only reason old broly would even be considered more terefying is because fusion, gods, ect werent even in the equation. Old broly was more powerful than the Z fighters, But he wasnt an entire fusion tier above them like new broly.

Ovrhide said:
I doubt it. The only reason old broly would even be considered more terefying is because fusion, gods, ect werent even in the equation. Old broly was more powerful than the Z fighters, But he wasnt an entire fusion tier above them like new broly.
It's not about gods and fusion it's about presentation Old broly felt like an unstoppable beast goku and his friends were at there relative peak at the time and got smashed while broly was smirking like it was Tuesday. Jiren as well felt more threatening than Nu broly who's best feat was was just scaring ssjb goku and vegeta who didn't have there filler forms and was just a sturdy punching bag for gogeta

Super Broly is meant to be a sympathetic antagonist and not unstoppable force like his OG self. He was prenstend as the underdog comapred to Goku and Vegeta from the get go and they played the whole aspect of him being a salve to his father desire.

Jiren is ironically closer to OG Broly from the aspect of being an unstoppable force who gives the feeling of "Oh my god how are they gonna beat this guy"

Gogeta destroying near the end of the movie was made mainly to make the audoince sympathy with him

Ovrhide said:
You seriouly need to drop the "in-universe" mindset for a moment and consider the presentation of characters.

ZERO7772 said:
Super Broly is meant to be a sympathetic antagonist and not unstoppable force like his OG self. He was prenstend as the underdog comapred to Goku and Vegeta from the get go and they played the whole aspect of him being a salve to his father desire.

Jiren is ironically closer to OG Broly from the aspect of being an unstoppable force who gives the feeling of "Oh my god how are they gonna beat this guy"

Gogeta destroying near the end of the movie was made mainly to make the audoince sympathy with him
I get that but at the same time they went all with the "he's the strongest enemy ever!" Stuff multiple times to hype him and in that sense they failed

Well, they didn't exactly have 30 episode tournament to make him to beat everyone ass and act smug about it. He decimated the top 3 strong mortals in universe 7 with ease what do you want more?

He's not touching Beerus with his Thicc plot armor

ZERO7772 said:
Well, they didn't exactly have 30 episode tournament to make him to beat everyone ass and act smug about it. He decimated the top 3 strong mortals in universe 7 with ease what do you want more?

He's not touching Beerus with his Thicc plot armor
Beating ssjb goku and vegeta aint convincing me he the strongest Eva nor failing to one shot freeza who jiren and his butt buddy toppo did one hit

Beating ssjb goku and vegeta aint convincing me he the strongest Eva nor failing to one shot freeza who jiren and his butt buddy toppo did one hit

And said Frieza stomps Toppo =P

And did Jiren do? Beating Goku/Vegeta and Frieza.

Toppo didn't one shot Frieza. Also, you are forgtting that Frieza made huge gains since he ToP according to the movie staff. Unless you wanna start and argue that Toppo is stronger than Broly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back