• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. His fight with Narirama shows how easily he can solo 99% of competition.
How likely do you think Hit will face off against Jiren or maybe defeat Toppo to get to him?

At this point, nothing is sure.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
@Mellennium
[SIGH] That blast was meant to kill Cabba, not Caulifilia. This also was debunked in Episode 100by how easily Kale knocked SSJ2 Caulifilia nearly off stage in episode 100[ by just charging forward and she received the backlash , not the full force ] , if it weren't for Hit. So that is clearly debunked.

Knocking someone a distance isn't anything. It's just that in this ToP, it's a big deal because you can get knocked off the arena. If this were any other fight, it would have been Kale sending Caulifla flying with no significant damage inflicted (plus Caulifla would have her flying ability to stop her own trajectory). People around the same level of power can do that to each other. If Caulifla would have been rendered unconcious, or killed even, then that would be something.

To be fair though, if I were to give this any explanation, it would be the fact that Kale's Broly-like form raises in power over time. It's possible that Kale was weaker when she fought Cabba than when she fought SSB Goku.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Really don't see the issue with goku getting his ass kicked, kale's transformation is a new one that hadn't been tested, so don't see any powerscaling issues, not like goku was going all out with kaoiken and everything. And we all know goku is getting a new transformation cause jiren just one shotted kale like it's nothing, unless goku doesn't get a new transformation or kaoiken x50 or something, that's when i will call bs cause there is no way the current goku should be able to take jiren.

I don't think many of us have an inconsistency issue with Kale. Rather, we have an issue with a non-god SSJ form being more powerful than SSB. It just takes away what's special about SSB. Now if it's later explained that she possesses god ki (somehow) in Berserk, that would be a little bit better.

Ssb hasn't been special since frieza a non god ki character could combat it, same with hit, having god ki or not is irrelevant at this point.

I've said this before.

Hit needs to stop time.

Throw everyone but U6 and the couple of heavy hitters who can probably resist his abilities like Goku and Jiren. Which he could do pretty effortlessly and instantaneously due to his speed.

Then have U6 hide and do absolutely nothing while he tries to hold off heavy hitters at least until the tournament ends. Either that or hope other heavy hitters distract each other too much to notice U6 hiding.

Best chance of his team winning IMO.

Champa: "Come on guys, Hit can't do this by himself" (everyone but Hit walks off).

Champa: "Alright Hit you gotta do this by yourself, those guys are useless"

Ryukama said:
I've said this before.
Hit needs to stop time.

Throw everyone but U6 and the couple of heavy hitters who can probably resist his abilities like Goku and Jiren. Which he could do pretty effortlessly and instantaneously due to his speed.

Then have U6 hide and do absolutely nothing while he tries to hold off heavy hitters at least until the tournament ends. Either that or hope other heavy hitters distract each other too much to notice U6 hiding.

Best chance of his team winning IMO.
I agree, but I don't think Hit has shown his true potential as of yet, even with him backing away from Jiren. He might be even more powerful than the last time we saw him, which is actually very likely considering his being the leader of Team 6. I think he is at least far stronger than Kale.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Ssb hasn't been special since frieza a non god ki character could combat it, same with hit, having god ki or not is irrelevant at this point.

It's different when it's another saiyan with a SSJ form that's not divine. Frieza, Hit etc... aren't saiyans. And their forms aren't a type of SSJ form. I can give Frieza a free pass because his species inherently has more potential than saiyans. Plus, Golden had significant weakness back in the RoF arc. And Hit is an unknown species that apparently can live for millenia and manipulate time. They're fundimentally different from saiyans.

Kale is a saiyan. They spent all this time hyping up SSG and SSB as a divine form that saiyans can achieve to rival the gods. Yet here Kale does it with a non-divine SSJ form.

@MeleeniumRXJ Trunks literally asspulled out ssj rage which rivals ssb, kale is an unknown, her ssj form is different from normal, so don't really have an issue with it. Ultimately anyone relevant whether they have god ki or not will be on or close to ssb level, it's a measure stick for how powerful other people are, i know some people want it to be some sort of divine transformation where only a few can hope to match it but you have freeza with a few months of training matching it, hit matching it, trunks asspulling ssr to match it, toppo matching it, 17 doing ordinary training and not with gods like goku and vegeta did, matching it, gohan with like a days training matching it, it's really not that special a tranformation anymore.

Trunks would win. He can control his Rage form and does not mess around, finishing his foes in the first opportunity he gets, while Kale goes on a Berserk rampage.

Celestial Pegasus said:
@MeleeniumRXJ Trunks literally asspulled out ssj rage which rivals ssb, kale is an unknown, her ssj form is different from normal, so don't really have an issue with it. Ultimately anyone relevant whether they have god ki or not will be on or close to ssb level, it's a measure stick for how powerful other people are, i know some people want it to be some sort of divine transformation where only a few can hope to match it but you have freeza with a few months of training matching it, hit matching it, trunks asspulling ssr to match it, toppo matching it, 17 doing ordinary training and not with gods like goku and vegeta did, matching it, gohan with like a days training matching it, it's really not that special a tranformation anymore.
Which is why I think that Goku/Gohan might get a new kind of form that surpasses Super Saiyan or anything derivative entirely. (The flaming black-haired form, which is probably an SS4 tribute like Kale is to Broly)

Guys, what if Hit and Jiren know each other and have history? Their stairdown almost makes it seem like they do. Like maybe Hit assassinated a Pride Trooper long ago and Jiren wants redemption.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Guys, what if Hit and Jiren know each other and have history? Their stairdown almost makes it seem like they do. Like maybe Hit assassinated a Pride Trooper long ago and Jiren wants redemption.
That or maybe Champa/Vados told him something similar to what Whis told Goku about a mortal who surpasses the gods, and maybe he thinks that's Jiren.

You guys should not take the kale thing seriously. It's very obvious that the fight was done to be fan service and is almost exactly like the broly fight.

It's why goku got manhandled but gets up after the fight with no scratches or bodily damage to fight Jiren, the guy that knocked kale out.

Celestial Pegasus said:
I know that. That's the problem I have with it. Again, I don't have a consistency issue. I have a conceptual issue.

I don't like SS Rage either, like many others. Toppo isn't a saiyan. I've already explained why I can give Hit, Frieza, and other strange alien species a free pass. Although, yeah, I did have I slight problem with them for a similar reason. But again, I can look passed that for the aformentioned reasons. When it's another saiyan though, with a non-divine SSJ form, then you're really just ******** on what makes SSB so special.

Personally for me, SSB still felt special up until this episode.

When trunks is asspulling transformations that rival ssb, and gohan in a day gets there by training with piccolo and 17, who again no training with gods like whis just gets stupidly stronger over the years while being a park ranger, i think we already passed the point where ssb was special.

SSB lost whatever respect it used to have when they legit made Krillin compete with a SSB Kamehameha, no matter how much Goku was holding back.

Now it's just Worf Effect material.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
I know that. That's the problem I have with it. Again, I don't have a consistency issue. I have a conceptual issue.
I don't like SS Rage either, like many others. Toppo isn't a saiyan. I've already explained why I can give Hit, Frieza, and other strange alien species a free pass. Although, yeah, I did have I slight problem with them for a similar reason. But again, I can look passed that for the aformentioned reasons. When it's another saiyan though, with a non-divine SSJ form, then you're really just ******** on what makes SSB so special.

Personally for me, SSB still felt special up until this episode.
I basically had to make up headcanon to myself in order to justify SSR (SSA if you look at the wiki...?) but it's still stronger than Kale's form. However, if Vegeta's thinking is right, and it's a "Saiyan's true form," maybe it could be used later on in the story as a plot device.

Well I really don't think Gohan is 3-A. I think that scene is misinterpreted. I also have reasons to believe 17 isn't either, but that's a whole nother discussion. Plus, 17 isn't a saiyan.

Among all the SSJ forms, Blue was special. Never mind other non-saiyan species. Blue was still special compared to SSJ1, 2, 3 etc because it's divine while those aren't. Barring Trunks, of course. But no one likes his form either. Though at least it's still somewhat implied that his might be divine with the bluish tint in his aura, and the fact that he trained with Vegeta in the RoSaT. I actually think it's quite possible Rage has divine qualities. Hopefully Berserk does.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Well I really don't think Gohan is 3-A. I think that scene is misinterpreted. I also have reasons to believe 17 isn't either, but that's a whole nother discussion. Plus, 17 isn't a saiyan.
Among all the SSJ forms, Blue was special. Never mind other non-saiyan species. Blue was still special compared to SSJ1, 2, 3 etc because it's divine while those aren't. Barring Trunks, of course. But no one likes his form either. Though at least it's still somewhat implied that his might be divine with the bluish tint in his aura, and the fact that he trained with Vegeta in the RoSaT. I actually think it's quite possible Rage has divine qualities. Hopefully Berserk does.
It would be nice if we could do measurements of their power based on how they relatively square up to Goku's full power when it's shown, directly relying on feats. That way, someone like Gohan might be 3-B, for instance, along with 17 who might be "at least," that. And I always assumed power is based off a person's potential, in regards to blue, rather than just a base multiplier. Like, someone like SSJ3 Gotenks is more powerful than SSJ3 Goku. Why is that? Same with SSJ2 Trunks fighting SSJ3 Goku in the manga. How could those forms compete either? And yeah, I too, thought SSR had some divine qualities, with the particles in his aura, same as God Ki. I always rationed he was essentially SS2 with God Ki due to his fighting with Black leading to him absorbing some of the Godly Ki in his Zenkai Boost. Whether that's true or not is not debatable, due to sloppy writing, however.

I think we should wait for more episodes and see how kale gets defeated then we can scale her SSB Goku vs Kale looked like more of a fan service

You know someone will make thr profile anyway ignoring everyone because that it work here

Code:
Kale vs SsB wad pure fanservice and the fught was all over the place just too make loij like broly fight from the movie, heck kale got obe shotted byjiren and goku didn't get scratch
she did nothing

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Like Siliva and Chrollo history from Hunter x Hunter?

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Hm. Interesting hypothesis, with what we've seen in the tournament, it wouldn't be beyond possibility.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
That'd be a really good story point but I think it's simply that Hit can tell Jiren is super strong and wanted to confront him cause of it.

I also have a theory. What if Hit actually did have 9 siblings, with him being the weakest in the family. But Vados just didn't tell Champa cause she secretly wants this shit universe gone. ovo

Hit's not an idiot. No reason for him to get his ass kicked by fighting both Jiren and Goku at once ovo

>Fighting both Goku and Jiren at once

One would think you mean that Goku and jiren would team up on him lol, he had some balls to stand up to jiren but once Goku showed up he just run away and left it to him

Hit can't take on both Jiren and Goku at the same time. I think if it was just him and Jiren he would've fought. Though probably lose considering how they're hyping up Jiren.

Also the real answer is Toei needs to tease us some more and can't have this highly anticipated fight happen right off the bat.

Ssr4vegito said:
One of the writers of DBS said only Beerus can destroy a universe
Not really. He said Goku could possibly destroy a universe if he becomes a GoD. And that Zen'ō is the only one that can destroy the universe. Though it's possible he meant to say the world/all 12 universes in that case.

Either way it's a Twitter statement that directly contradicts what is actually shown and stated in the series. That won't count here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back