• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldier Blue said:
Aceraspire said:
Next ep Gohan becoming 3A
With only half a day or at most a day of training. Toei just straight up forgot about a certain chamber.
I think it's 24h or more,but yea it's ridicilous how strong Gohan will become.

I mean,if they said how he comined ultimate and ssj multipliers it would make more sense,but still ridicilous

Hakaishim said:
He can yes he is training all his life but he is still an eartling, that is even if he has been training for years he has never reached the level of tien chin han that he fought par apar with one of the forms of the cell
Unless he has become an android what I think is impossible
Tien fought on par with cell? What? He just used one of the most op techniques in DB to prevent him from moving for a few secs. I wouldn't call it "fight on par"

Goku was obviously just playing around with Roshi, but Tien looked serious.

Even if I think it's stupid (because Tien trained with king Kai and Roshi didn't), Roshi should logically be in the "low-high" tier category.

Tien said that he was not surprise of Master Roshi when he fought him, he acknowdlege his strenght. Goku said Roshi was hidding his full power all this time, and doing secret training.

Master Roshi Moon level, and Solar System updgrades, incoming please.

I disagree because Roshi was amped by Yurin talisman also it doesn't make sense for normal Roshi to be stronger than Super Perfect Cell or even Buuhan because there are characters like Tien or Vegeta, who trained harder and for longer than him.

Dark649 said:
because there are characters like Tien or Vegeta, who trained harder and for longer than him.
We dont know how hard Roshi trained or for how long. Goku said "Youve been training all this time " which means hes been at for quite some time.

Also the also hes not stronger than SPC or Buuhan but thats thread for for another time.

Dark649 said:
I disagree because Roshi was amped by Yurin talisman also it doesn't make sense for normal Roshi to be stronger than Super Perfect Cell or even Buuhan because there are characters like Tien or Vegeta, who trained harder and for longer than him.
Yurun's talisman only lets her control people not give them buffs.

Even Tien [Who is going to fight Piccolo and Gohan] trained all the time, but the plot consider him below Roshi, which doesn't make sense because of several reason. I think it's better to wait for normal showing of his power without powerups before putting an unclear 4-B rating on him.

I agree for Master roshi solar system: It holds in 1VS1 face to goku which held with buu muscled, I think that is reason enough

If you know the entire series, that scene comes from a case of bad writing. I think this upgrade is not reasonable currently because most people are against it.

Dark649 said:
I think this upgrade is not reasonable currently because most people are against it.
Thats not an actual reason. If were going by what most people want we better upgrade the main cast to Low 2-C and infinite speed.

The powerscaling is shit and the explanations for the power ups are crap but that doesnt stop it from being valid just because people dont like it.

Once this tournament is over im gonna try make sense of this mess.

RadicalMrR said:
The powerscaling is shit and the explanations for the power ups are crap but that doesnt stop it from being valid just because people dont like it. Once this tournament is over im gonna try make sense of this mess.
Yes i agree, but i think it will be very hard to make sense of this arc without some databooks or something to back up the statements or the situations.

Goku wasnt "Obviously holding back",even if you want to believe that. He even states that Roshi had been training and didnt go full power agains them.

Poor excuse, yes. Its not like we have had worse excuses for powerscaling in super.

Well they don't care for powerscaling. Honestly they never did. So we as a vs community are the ones who have to care and scale appropriately. Honestly I'm not watching DBS for powerscaling.

Joseph619 said:
Well Rage Trunks became 4-B to 3-A with nothing but rage.
Actually Trunks was fighting evenly against Future Zamasu and Rosé Goku Black even before awakening the Super Saiyan Rage, we considered that obliviously PIS and upgraded him because he used a new form, so the same should said for Roshi.

They did care for powerscaling somewhat back in DBZ. DBZ popularized the A>B>C logic in anime fandom. Super has put a great effort to kill any powerscaling. That's their way make old characters relevant again

Dark649 said:
Actually Trunks was fighting evenly against Future Zamasu and Rosé Goku Black even before awakening the Super Saiyan Rage, we considered that obliviously PIS and upgraded him because he used a new form, so the same should said for Roshi.
That new form is also PIS, it's super saiyan rage which is literally deus ex machina by name. A much needed asspull to make Trunks relevant against SSB level opponents.

I think that there are another ways to make old character relevant, but not this way.

Super backed itself into a corner. They needed to set up the power boost before now but since they didnt they were left with 2 options, give powerscaling the middle finger or give us lazy reasons like "Hey look Whis can slow time for 8 people, how convenient!"

RadicalMrR said:
Super backed itself into a corner. They needed to set up the power boost before now but since they didnt they were left with 2 options, give powerscaling the middle finger or give us lazy reasons like "Hey look Whis can slow time for 8 people, how convenient!"
They tried to show middle finger to powerscaling just like Jojo does (Rat > Jotaro > Dio lol), but unlike Jojo or shows where strict powerscaling doesn't exist, Dragon Ball had established a somewhat stable x>y>z powerscaling for a long time and now destroyed it in Super to create hype for older characters. Although it was shaky since Goku vs Frost

See Goku vs Frost wasn't really bad considering Frost was a new character all together with poison. So U6 arc wasn't bad. It started with the Goku Black arc with Trunks. Now honestly the hype they have is good. Toei values hype over powerscaling. Honestly, Dragon Ball has always been like this.

When Goku stopped the fight because he was running out of time, he said "I'd like to fight more, but I gotta end this." and proceeds to oneshot Roshi with a Kamehameha. If he had wanted to win right away, he could've done that without problems. He was obviously holding back and having fun.

To even think that Roshi could withstand to Base Goku is absurd.

Yay but Babidi had a weekness that this one dosent have and witchcraft Why am I the only one excited about witchcraft in dragon ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back