• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is why Frieza should accept Goku offer if the universe destruction, which will cause the death of the all saiyans (that he despises) is what he truly wanted for?. For Cell, even if he said that he's the universe end he might have considered the offer because he already has the knowledge of tournaments and to test the true extents of his potential.

JustSomeWeirdo said:
^Title has been leaked saying he's a member of the U7 team, but him getting Hakai'd wouldn't be too bad...
I mean by the Omniking frize is manythings but not dume he vales his life (or afterlife in this case)

Frieza for the tournament is a cool concept. But I'd far prefer Cell also.

He's not as overused as Frieza. He'd also have to deal with putting his pride aside to work with Goku reluctantly like Frieza would. And (personal preference), I like Cell more than Frieza.

Plus his arrogant, warrior mindset would love to fight against strong people. Also how amazing that would be that Cell, the guy most iconic for holding a tournament for the fate of the world, now has to fight for his own life in a similar tournament? The ultimate case of the shoe being on the other foot.

Both are cool concepts. Cell would be more thematic seeing as this is a tournament. However, having the series' worst enemy join the fray is awesome as well. If only we got both....That would make even more sense.

However, logically thinking about the situation. They only need to replace one person. Frieza is literally the strongest person that can fight left. Cell would be great. But logically Frieza is still stronger.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
However, logically thinking about the situation. They only need to replace one person. Frieza is literally the strongest person that can fight left. Cell would be great. But logically Frieza is still stronger.
The entire point of this tournament is that strength isn't everything. If they did things this way, Goten and Trunks would be in the tournament. Not Tien and Roshi. Also Cell has Frieza's DNA. I'm sure they can easily asspull him a power boost as well (yeah I hate the asspull power boosts, but they're almost a necessary evil at this point lol)

Yet at the same time Frieza is highly intelligent as well. While power is not everything, it will become more useful later on when getting rid of the small fry. Like I said going from Goku's point of view Frieza seems more logical. Especially since this is obviously a split second decision.

The thing that makes Cell more viable though is the fact that he knows how to not waste time torturing foes. Hopefully Frieza doesn't get too cocky.

I'm just saying, they could've easily worked Cell in if they wanted to. There's not much reason they couldn't have had him. Cell's lack of power doesn't matter much when far weaker fighters are competing. Or Cell could easily asspull a powerboost. And it'd at least make much more sense than all the other asspull powerboosts.

I agree. All Cell has to do is use the Hypebola Liontamer(Get the reference) to train for a month or 4 to become Golden Cell...or something like that.

Eww I wouldn't want a Golden Cell lol. Maybe just have Cell look the same, but his power increases exponentially cause reasons like Android 17.

Power-up reasons:

Android 17: Ranged the shit out a park.

Frieza: Trained for 4 months

Roshi: Trained Off-screen

Tien: Trained Off-screen

Gohan: Trained all day yesterday.

Buu: Oh wait, he's sleep.

Android 18: Trained for hours.

Krillin: Got his ass kicked by his wife.

Cell: Trained for 1 minute and obtained Golden Cell :)

1: The time chamber went kabuuum thanks to Lord Vegeta.

2: I'd love if both of them joined (AND BUU)

Hell, they should be (without asspull powerups): Goku, vegeta, gohan, 17, frieza, cell, buu,... dabura... Tagoma and piccolo, I guess. Theorically speaking, all of these guys are >> goten and trunks.

Bonus points if Pikohan joins the guys.

I gotta say this. Dragon Ball Super was a cash grab. No matter what you say that was the truth. They don't care about having good writing. They are doing whatever they can to make money. That's just the reality. Dragon Ball is literally the equivalent to Toei's personal ATM. They can infinitely draw money from it. They will do whatever is needed to do that.

Is this a good thing?

Depends on how they do stuff. Currently if I'm giving my personal thoughts to how I view DBS. I love it. I'm one of those types of fans who learn to adapt with their favorite anime/manga and could really careless if most people see the things I like as a bad thing. DBS is fun to watch, but a bitch to powerscale. But Toei isn't making DBS to be a vs battle powerhouse or anything, in the end it is just for money. And let me be frank. Frieza gets money. Frieza sell toys and games. Moreso than the likes of Cell or Buu.

Plus current DBS builds up crazy hype, DBS is definitely one of the only shows that I watch where I can't wait to watch the new episode.

Honestly if it wasn't for Toyotaro and the manga, I probably wouldn't be keeping up with Super. At times it feels like he's the only one who cares the least bit about the franchise and actually expanding it beyond a cash grab. Is he perfect? No, but he represents the best chance for improvement in the future once he's more experienced professionally and when he inevitably is given more control over the series.

Bringing back Frieza is a terrible decision from writing perspective, I could care less about the power levels or recruiting strongest characters for tourney. Frieza has already been brought back twice (as mecha and golden frieza) even in canon. This is extremely lazy writing and it appears Toei have run out of ideas. Most people loathed Resurrection of F arc. I hate ranting but this is nonsense writing. I don't understand how anybody could be hyped for this.

Joseph619 said:
Bringing back Frieza is a terrible decision from writing perspective, I could care less about the power levels or recruiting strongest characters for tourney. Frieza has already been brought back twice (as mecha and golden frieza) even in canon. This is extremely lazy writing and it appears Toei have run out of ideas. Most people loathed Resurrection of F arc. I hate ranting but this is nonsense writing. I don't understand how anybody could be hyped for this.
Freeza is sort of like Kyle Crane

He's more reliable than a lot of the other people in his place, like Kyle is more reliable than the entire Rais flunky gang.

And Freeza is more reliable than like half the U7 Team

@Joseph619 To be fair I'm hyped for the female saiyans, couldn't care less about Frieza. Don't get me wrong DBS has one of the most shit writing I've ever seen in a continuity of a series. Hell, from a writing perspective GT was way better than DBS but to me it just isn't as enjoyable. Super is good at building hype, I'm curious as to how they'll handle Frieza in the tournament. I'm curious as to who's going to get eliminated first in the tournament. I'm curious as to what role everyone on the U7 team will have in the tournament.

To be fair DBS is a children's show and that's why I take their story telling with a grain of salt.

instead of Freeza just kick everyone out and bring the low 2C Giygas Zamasu thingy to solo everyone in one fell swoop

@Riiingo, said Universe level was only Star level without any "hax", said SS has more "haxxed" abilities, as well as some of the DNA of said Universal, meaning they could easily get a bull power-up that surpasses them

Riiingo said:
He's more reliable than a lot of the other people in his place, like Kyle is more reliable than the entire Rais flunky gang.

He could be more reliable than entire Dragon Ball franchise combined and it would still be terribly lazy writing. He has already died multiple times, Frieza has no reason to come back. He had no reason to come back after Namek exploded, RoF was lazy writing and a cash grab. This is even worse cash grab. What will they do with Frieza after the tournament ends? Kill him again? Make him a good guy like Vegeta?

Joseph619 said:
Riiingo said:
He could be more reliable than entire Dragon Ball franchise combined and it would still be terribly lazy writing. He has already died multiple times, Frieza has no reason to come back. He had no reason to come back after Namek exploded, RoF was lazy writing and a cash grab. This is even worse cash grab. What will they do with Frieza after the tournament ends? Kill him again? Make him a good guy like Vegeta?

Frieza is not coming back forever he is just coming back for 24 hours.

^Do not quote large walls of text

and 24 hours of life for Frieza makes no sense, that gives him even less incentive to join....

@FTW395 I could forgive shit writing but this is blatantly shameless attempt of cash grab to sell merchandize. I was hyped for the two female saiyans too, but seeing Frieza again kiled my mood for the day. To be honest some things are unforgivable, they're destroying Frieza's legacy. If Super was non canon I would've pretended this never happened. Dragon Ball's greatest villain is reduced to clown.

FTW395 said:
To be fair DBS is a children's show and that's why I take their story telling with a grain of salt.
Even then the bar for "childrens" shows or other shonen types have been raised. Digimon, Pokemon, and My Hero Acadamia are similar shows to DB and have multiple instances of far better writing consistently. The writing for Super is below current shows, and the writers don't care. Maybe I'm giving DB too much credit and it really is more childish than all the aformentioned shows.

@Shock97 Pokemon? Really? So rehashing Team Rocket every. single. episode. isn't bad writing? I've never watched My Hero Acadamia or Digimon, but Pokemon is a really bad example for "non-lazy writing".

Goku could convince frieza to join by bribing that he will help him get out of the cocoon and will give him place in some other part of hell

@Ssr4vegito I thought they were going to that Time Chamber of Whis? You know the one inside his staff.

FTW395 said:
@Shock97 Pokemon? Really? So rehashing Team Rocket every. single. episode. isn't bad writing? I've never watched My Hero Acadamia or Digimon, but Pokemon is a really bad example for "non-lazy writing".
That's a good point, but still the writing for Pokemon at times is better (creative in this instance) than DB which is hard to say. Even if we're just talking from a combat variety standpoint.

FTW395 said:
@Ssr4vegito I thought they were going to that Time Chamber of Whis? You know the one inside his staff.
It was in the spoilers vegeta is going inside the hyperbolic time chamber and you know things are about to get real when vegeta enters it

I'm actually curious to see how will frieza wil react to it. that guy hates the whole saiyan race and even more hates goku and vegeta. and now that he is force to team up with them.

I don't see the problem with Frieza joining, makes sense to me. Buu sleeping sucks but what're you gonna do? I don't understand why you guys gotta throw multiple paragraph long fits over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back