• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joseph619 said:
If Goku can bring down his power level to 5-B while in Super Saiyan Blue state, doesn't it mean scaling off any character from SSB Goku is completely unreliable? We don't know when Goku is fighting at full power and most likely he never does unless it's Beerus and Whis

At this rate we will have more outlier and PIS than legitimate feats.
.....not relly.

It's been messed up for a while now ever since U6 arc it all over the place in everytime we want to upgrade character we need long argument because most of them doesn't make sense

Ssr4vegito said:
Powerscaling in dbs in completely messed up Goku should be able to destroy krillin with a fingertap eho is writing this kind of stuff?
Well, the scaling isnt messed up in the manga tbh

Ssr4vegito said:
Powerscaling in dbs in completely messed up Goku should be able to destroy krillin with a fingertap eho is writing this kind of stuff?
I dislike Fairy Tail immensely but this writing makes Fairy Tail look like a quality manga.

Darkmon cns said:
Not even Fairy Tail has this many PIS and outliers. For Super you get one almost every episode when there's fighting nowadays. However I don't want to go off topic

Apparently in the Manga, some characters (Hit and Zamasu) are weaker because they are overwhelmed by the Red Super Saiyan God Form instead of the Blue Form.

In Super Goku was fighting seriously against Toppo, Full Power Bergamo, Hit, Zamasu, Copy Vegeta, Frieza and Beerus. Goku seemed to fight not that seriously against Gohan, Arale, Frost, Botamo, Vegeta and Krillin.

Joseph619 said:
If Goku can bring down his power level to 5-B while in Super Saiyan Blue state, doesn't it mean scaling off any character from SSB Goku is completely unreliable? We don't know when Goku is fighting at full power and most likely he never does unless it's Beerus and Whis
At this rate we will have more outlier and PIS than legitimate feats.
They very fact he goes to his most powerful form and hold back in it to much lower level than his base form is ******** , he's using blue on people who had problems dealing with normal SSJ and toei make the other character able to somehow hold their ground to add some tense to the battle so they don't look so bad ignoring the power levels compltey because f*ck it these are just numbers

When was the last time Goku fought in a battle without dicking around ?

Not even Fairy Tail has this many PIS and outliers. For Super you get one almost every episode when there's fighting nowadays. However I don't want to go off topic

because the staff is trying to make a show thats fun to whach?

ZERO7772 said:
They very fact he goes to his most powerful form and hold back in it to much lower level than his base form is ******** , he's using blue on people who had problems dealing with normal SSJ and toei make the other character able to somehow hold their ground to add some tense to the battle so they don't look so bad ignoring the power levels compltey because f*ck it these are just numbers
When was the last time Goku fought in a battle without dicking around ?
Exactly, this makes the whole point of going to Super Saiyan Blue pointless. You can call it PIS but then again what is not a PIS or outlier in Dragon Ball Super?

I was going through sailor moon vs immortal zamasu thread abd i noticed people saying zeno is 2C i checked his profile and its right so anyone please tell me how did zeno became 2c again?

@Darkmon. It entirely true. I've seen MasakoX iirc complain about some of the bullshit powerscaling once before.

@Ssr. Afterlife busting.

Soooo what to do with bergamo ? he's really in the wrong place imo his scaling is completely messed up he struggled with 3-A character by absorbing 4-B one

if we gonna buy that Goku can downgarde his power level in SSB to lower than his base form then his SSBKK against the wolf man mean nothing he wanted to show Zeno he was going all out

hell the other guy from u11 was suprised when Goku unleashed SSB even though he saw SSBKK just earlier

Dark649 said:
Apparently in the Manga, some characters (Hit and Zamasu) are weaker because they are overwhelmed by the Red Super Saiyan God Form instead of the Blue Form.
In Super Goku was fighting seriously against Toppo, Full Power Bergamo, Hit, Zamasu, Copy Vegeta, Frieza and Beerus. Goku seemed to fight not that seriously against Gohan, Arale, Frost, Botamo, Vegeta and Krillin.
Well the fact that toyotaro works much more closeely with toriyama than toei probably hints that ssb kaioken and OP hit and zamasu are toei only ideas (but we don't know for sure). Anyway, it makes sense overall in terms of consistency. And there is nothing really wrong with sub-ssb hit since he is a hax based character.

The Living Tribunal1 said:
Dark649 said:
Well the fact that toyotaro works much more closeely with toriyama than toei probably hints that ssb kaioken and OP hit and zamasu are toei only ideas (but we don't know for sure). Anyway, it makes sense overall in terms of consistency. And there is nothing really wrong with sub-ssb hit since he is a hax based character.
SSBKKx10 should totally made him above beerus but somehow it didn't by logic alone Beeurs said he used 10% against vegeta and SSG was much stronger , even if used 1% above what he used againts Vegeta SSBKK Goku should arguably kick beerus ass

I am totally ignoring the fact that Blue is stronger than Red here and downplaying SSG so much as well

So yeah SSBKK is BS , toei added it there because it look cool

"Toei is ruining DBS."

Seriously people. Are you really ignoring the fact that Goku was obviously holding back? SSJB was used to show that Krillin wouldn't back down from a much more powerful opponent. It was development good lord.. Just enjoy the show. It ain't only about powerscaling. This series has always been like this. It comes with the territory.

"We want Universal Dragon Ball"

We got it and now we all must suffer the major scaling issues that come with a big jump in power.

"We want older characters to get spotlight"

Welp Krillin is getting spotlight, but now it is an issue. Master Roshi is getting spotlight. "Why is Master Roshi even there?" #17 and #18 are back. "Why are they there?" The community contradicts itself many times.

"I've seen MasakoX iirc complain about some of the bullshit powerscaling once before."

Bullshit powerscaling is in every series. Fairy Tail, One Piece, Pokemon, Zelda, Digimon, Naruto, Bleach, Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon, Bastard!, Soul Calibur, Sonic, Mario, etc. All these series have BS powerscaling from time to time. It is a thing in every Shonen. Dragon Ball is not the only offender. Heck, a ton of comics do the exact same thing. Doesn't mean the series is bad, not at all. Especially when said series has not changed since Z...Just enjoy the show.

SOnt take what I said about Masako as complain. For one, I really liked this episode, and two, I was responding to Darkmon.

You shoulda said that. It seemed like reason for complaining. You shoulda been more specific.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
"We want older characters to get spotlight"

Welp Krillin is getting spotlight, but now it is an issue. Master Roshi is getting spotlight. "Why is Master Roshi even there?" #17 and #18 are back. "Why are they there?" The community contradicts itself many times.
wut? I dont recall anyone but nostalgia ridden fans wanting older character pushed into play. I think it is a good idea, but like this? Seriously, he goes godly and holds back, why? That wont make sense tbh. And its only gonna harm the tiering of non god top tiers in the end anyway

"wut? I dont recall anyone but nostalgia ridden fans wanting older character pushed into play."

So many people have wanted older characters to come back. A problem with GT was that it was quite literally dubbed "Goku Time". And many claim Super was becoming the Goku and Vegeta show.

"but like this? Seriously, he goes godly and holds back, why? That wont make sense tbh. And its only gonna harm the tiering of non god top tiers in the end anyway"

Did you read the first part of my post? I explained why Goku went Blue but held back.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
"wut? I dont recall anyone but nostalgia ridden fans wanting older character pushed into play."
So many people have wanted older characters to come back. A problem with GT was that it was quite literally dubbed "Goku Time". And many claim Super was becoming the Goku and Vegeta show.

"but like this? Seriously, he goes godly and holds back, why? That wont make sense tbh. And its only gonna harm the tiering of non god top tiers in the end anyway"

Did you read the first part of my post? I explained why Goku went Blue but held back.
The difference between GT and this is that instead fof super being goku time, goku and vegeta get important roles to play along with both of them being insignificant when compared to all GoDs and the angels and zeno, along with possibly multiple fighters from the other universes. So We might have several dozen character who are either stronger than or can outright beat goku and vegeta as of now, on the other hand in GT, goku was pretty much the strongest or almost the strongest character through and through.

Yeah him holding back is based on the assumption that toei had any true power consistency in mind while making the fight scene. They might have just kept him in base or finished the fight off as he went to only his ssj forms to give a bit of a dramatic effect.

"The difference between GT and this is that instead fof super being goku time, goku and vegeta get important roles to play along with both of them being insignificant when compared to all GoDs and the angels and zeno, along with possibly multiple fighters from the other universes. So We might have several dozen character who are either stronger than or can outright beat goku and vegeta as of now, on the other hand in GT, goku was pretty much the strongest or almost the strongest character through and through. "

Once again we still have many fans who want old favorites to come back an not just forgotten about. Make the supporting cast useful again. They are actually doing something now. Plus this tournament's fighters will vary in power anyway. The fact of the matter is they are listening to the wants of fans, but are getting ridiculed when they do.

Bulma survives a hit from Beerus, no one bats an eye.

Krillin survives sparring Goku everyone loses their minds!

MSS8wa3zaHTs
Do people not know what Ki Control is?

Imagine if people treated other cases of Ki Control in the series like this.

"BULLSHIT! How was Hercule able to survive a hit from Cell?!?! The powerscaling is way off! Cell's tiering's unreliable!"

"Wait? Trunks's power level is that of a human's? How inconsistent can this damn show get?!?!"

"How is Chi Chi able to survive having sex with [but not kissing] Goku? What a bunch of PIS. I guess Chi Chi is Namek Saga Goku level now! SMH Toei"

"Did that nameless fodder martial artist seriously not get killed by Buu Saga Vegeta? Lol 4-B humans confirmed according to Toei."

"How the hell did Goku get a lower score on the punching machine than Piccolo and Krillin? Damn powerscaling yet again..."

"Bulma survived a hit from the universe busting God of Destruction?!?!? Is Toei so incompetant they can't even differentiate between their God Tiers and lowest tiers?!"

Is Super full of awful scaling and inconsistencies? Of course. This episode is not an example of that though. Krillin isn't SSB Goku level according to Toei. Goku simply held back his power, like he and others have done numerous other times throughout the series. But it seems like raging on Super over the same exact things Z is guilty of is a popular trend among DBS hate.

Oh muh god toei wut is up wit the power scaling its so bad, how can Yamcha be be able to push Beerus like that, r u telling me hes 3-A or something!!!!?!!:3!!

God Yamcha

The f***ed up thing is, this scene has nothing indicating Beerus was holding back while Krillin had like 3.

@Radical The joke doesn't work, since Yamcha actually is 3-A :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back