• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anime is primary canon. Manga is secondary canon in which things from it will be considered if the anime doesn't contradict it. If there are discrepancies regarding the two however, anime will take precedence.

Question: both are interpretations of Toriyama's ideas, one is Toei's and the other one Toyotaro's. You are giving the anime the status of primary canon just because it is ahead storywise. But both of them are the same.

is this correct?

PaChi2 said:
Question: both are interpretations of Toriyama's ideas, one is Toei's and the other one Toyotaro's. You are giving the anime the status of primary canon just because it is ahead storywise. But both of them are the same.
is this correct?
No, anime is given priority because the manga has been stated to be a promotional material for the anime. Anime is the main product for the show

I do believe that there are differences between the 2 and the reason that the Anime is primaru canon is because it came first.

At least, that's what I heard.

TheC2 said:
I do believe that there are differences between the 2 and the reason that the Anime is primaru canon is because it came first.
At least, that's what I heard.
No, manga was released one month before anime (Jun 2015 vs July)

I would like to talk about Krillin. I'd like to explain why we cannot update him to solar system level (at least for the moment) and why he isn't strogner than Goku and Gohan.

First of all each time Krillin fought during that ep he reminded Goku and Gohan "this was not a fight to the death and that they had to follow the tournamenent's rules".

Krillin went all out while Goku and Gohan were suppressed because they cannot take the risk to kill Krillin.

Then, remember what Krillin said when he kicked Gohan out of the ring? He said "with my experience and skills and your power we can do this", which means Krillin is weaker than Gohan and Goku in pure AP, strenght, durability, speed etc ...

Then, when he fought Goku, he didn't need SSJ and SSB, he just tested Krillin to know what he could do against something that was superior to his base form. Yes: Krillin resisted during the "beam struggle" but that was because SSB Goku was MASSIVELY suppressed (to make sure he doesn't kill Krillin).

But even if he tested Krillin, Goku paradoxallicy was the one who learnt something and realized that battle won't ask just power with those new rules.

Krillin should probably get an upgrade in intelligence, since he outsmarted Gohan in combat. The fact that brains alone can almost make up for the massive power gap, speaks volumes of his combat intelligence.

I wonder what the penalty is for killing an opponent. Does the single fighter get disqualified, or the entire team? Imagine it's the latter, and a weaker fighter sacrifices him/herself just to eliminate an entire team.

I think some of you already knew but in addition to a meeting between kaioshins, there will be a meeting between GODs (except Beerus) and they'll plot against universe 7/Goku. The information is official, this is not a rumor.

I bet Champa will warn his brother about that.

Have no fear Universe 7 is home to the one and only Yamcha that's the main reason he's not participating in the tournament of power he has bigger gods to fry

Not really buu would be in his new form possibly far faster and possibly far stronger since its unknown by how much more powerful he got.

I'd pay good money see that. Or read it!

Fanfic writers! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Since I'm a fanfiction author and write only Goku's harem stories and crossovers :D

Well we knew going into this that the Arc would kill scaling outright.

Android 17 < SSJ Goku < SSJ2 Goku < SSJ3 Goku <<<<< SSG Goku < SSB Goku = Android 17

I just suw the new episode and man seeing the prise troopers helping peapaule and being heros made me realised he has something to fight for someone to pretect it just.... makes me sad no matter what someone will lose I hope the omniking is bluffing i really do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back