• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's still strange, Goku has Super Saiyan 1, 2, 3, God and Beyond God Forms and is using a probable suppressed Blue Form, which is referred as the strongest.

Maybe we just need to consider this as filler like thr others epidoes that were look like filler

Dark649 said:
That's still strange, Goku has Super Saiyan 1, 2, 3, God and Beyond God Forms and is using a probable suppressed Blue Form, which is referred as the strongest.
Think of it like this: Goku is fighting someone like Toppo, 1v1 and out of nowhere, a Krillin level fighter tries to blindside Goku and Goku reacts to that. If he doesn't control his ki in the heat of the moment, said character would die thus eliminating Goku.

Goku won't get downgraded. Although who knows what 17 has been doing all these years. Even then goku probably wasn't going all out in ssjb as he has perfect ki control and can fight at what ever level he pleases.

The writing is messed up there were people who said dragonball will surpass saint seiya by the end of super now that would be just a dream

Have the writers changed or something? I have not been watching the episodes, but the summaries just sound disgustingly slow and childish. What happened to the guys who wrote the Beerus, U6, and Zamasu arcs?

depends which saint seiya characters you're talking about and super is not over yet. Maybe Zarama will have OP hax since he created Super Shenron.

@Fan What do you mean? Feels the same to me. They are getting the characters set up for the tournament as well as giving these characters there own mini arcs. Plus we still gotta see how they train. This arc won't be a short one. I like pace we are going.

Cannibalistic999 said:
I have a question. if 17 fights on par with goku ssb will goku and the other be downgraded ?

Supposedly, 17 has actually gotten stronger, and unlike Krillin, didn't do it in a short amount of time. So there may end up being a legit reason to upgrade him.

Honestly I am torn. I believe 17 could get an upgrade since he has continuously trained over the years. But I also want to call it an outlier due to no God Ki. But of course most 3-A's for DBS(Hit, Toppo, Frieza, etc) don't have God Ki.

^And who say exactly that he even train? this not like Trunks who fight with villains the whole time,17 lives quiet and normal life

stop saying it PIS i mean seriously,this is the powerscaling of DBS dont borther to find logic

Sorry to say but these fights contradicts the original growth and the increase of power of several characters. By watching the series we have Beerus saying that if Goku (Without god ki) trained for his entire life he would have never reached him, the same can be said about Krillin or Android 17 for Goku, but in Super these characters are suddendly vastly stronger because they have trained despite the short timespan/situation and they can fight with a suppressed Super Saiyan Blue, which is Goku current stronger form and could have used one of his weaker forms or just base to test them, lastly there is Majin Buu, who lost his weight and increased his power by simply destroying some blocks for several hours.

Can anybody tell me why Goku is not fighting Krillin or 17 in base instead of SSB? Didn't Goku absorb god ki in bog arc?

Can't you just accept Toriyama's statement about Goku not surpassing Beerus or Whis ever. Maybe Beerus was holding back, and making Goku Universal is the problem in the scaling.

Goku fought krillin in ssjb so he can bring out all of krillins power. Note goku was holding back a lot and since ssjb gives him perfect ki control he can hold back his power to whatever level he wants. As for 17 it could be the same but I am not sure since the episode hasn't gone out yet so we just got to wait.

Huesito88 said:
Goku fought krillin in ssjb so he can bring out all of krillin a power. Note goku as holding back a lot and since ssjb gives him perfect ki control he can hold back his power to whatever level he wants. As for 17 it could be the same but I am not sure since the episode hasn't gone out yet so we just got to wait.
Goku fighting krillin in base would be overpowering, SSB is absolutely not needed since Goku absorbed god ki in Bog arc. Base vegeta stomped SSJ3 Gotenks so base should be more than enough. As for ki control, SSB is certainly not better than base form.

There is no problem with goku being universal what so ever. I am pretty sure everyone here knows beerus was holding back and about the toryiama interview. It even states it his profile that beerus was holding back.

Yes it is when it comes to controlling his ki. Base vegeta rekted ssj3 gotenks because he wanted to. Base goku could too if we he wasn't holding back.

Goku needed the God Form to fight and spar with Beerus, their battle was causing the destruction of the universe, which was mentioned several times and Beerus enjoyed the fight, which is the reason why he spared the earth, so Goku was definitely Universal and is not a problem with the scaling. Also about Goku absorbing God Ki, our Dragon Ball page says this:

Please do not attempt to upgrade characters to 3-A, by scaling from base Goku being equal to his SSG form (because he absorbed god ki). This topic has been discussed repeatedly, and the verdict will always remain the same.

Also, given that Piccolo was able to hold his own against Frost, who was almost on par with SS1 Goku, and base Gohan was able to match Piccolo, this would lead to several outlandish inconsistencies, like both of them being automatically elevated to this level, despite not advancing significantly from their DBZ statistics.

The Super Saiyan Blue form is considered to be an upgraded and superior to the Super Saiyan God and Beyond God forms, which Goku initially used to fight Golden Frieza.

Lastly most characters has perfect ki control because Kid Gohan, Krillin and Trunks suppressed their power to 5, so Goku could have easily fought them in suppressed Base instead of using his current strongest form, which has the most powerful ki, but he has perfect ki control even in base.

You know I have been here a while. But I know we have that rule. But in freiza profile it states his final form not golden freiza is universal for clashing with Saiyan beyond God goku.

Should Android 17 be upgraded to 3-A if SSB Goku struggles against him? It's stated that he has been training and it's technically no different than it was with Golden Frieza. 17 was stronger than Frieza to begin with, he's not a weakling like Krillin

Huesito88 said:
You know I have been here a while. But I know we have that rule. But in freiza profile it states his final form not golden freiza is universal for clashing with Saiyan beyond God goku.
What the hell. I checked Frieza's profile and it makes no sense. So should Frost be 3-A as well for fighting Saiyan Beyond God Goku?

Dark649 said:
Maybe, the Dragon Ball Wiki has its own page.
The bureaucrat of Dragon Ball wiki told me they don't care about canon or non canon, and they include every licensed material with Dragon Ball name on it. Saiyan beyond god does not exist in canon dragon ball from what I know, it has never been mention in BoG, RoF movies or Super manga/anime

The page says that this form appeared in Super as Clash Freeza vs Son Goku, but shortly later normally goku and other characters (Krillin and Gohan) showed this white aura, so it's confusing.

Dark649 said:
The page says that this form appeared in Super as Clash Freeza vs Son Goku, but shortly later normally goku and other characters (Krillin and Gohan) showed this white aura, so it's confusing.
I don't think the aura means anything really, Goku has lightning aura besides him many times in DBS despite using SSJ1 instead of SSJ2 iirc. It's a clear inconsistency, that's why it's confusing.

One last thing is that Goku in Super used Super Saiyan 2 against Beerus and Zamasu. Super Saiyan 3 and Super Saiyan God only with Beerus.

Tbh, Toyataro is doing a terrible work at manga.

The villains are shown terrible. No suspense or tension. Everyone's like 'oh he is strong let's turn SSB and stomp them'.

The fights are boring and lame.

DbS manga is a garbage tier even compared to modern day shonen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back