• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
"First!" "Following!" "Commenting to get notifications." "Second."

Got the typical first responses out of the way lol

I can not be m from the battle vs admins but I have an idea it without the hax and lower name to goku base, then this would be his tier,

I think it would look like this.

Tier (equal to or less than that of goku base) unknown tier with hax

Or variable tier with hax

Ok. Official subs rules!

EVERY universe will be in the tournament stage at the same time, you have to knock your opponent off the arena and they are eliminated. Last person standing in the arena wins. Basically a team battle royale

As soon as I saw that toppo looked scared I immediately had the same thought that I had about the universe 6 arc..... That this arc would be utter garbage and underwhelming..... **** it I give up. Hey Matthew schroeder if you're still here what would you recommend I watch first in the saint seiya series?

I won't immediately judge the arc just yet, but I'm a bit disappointed with the seeming short cuts that have been taken so far.

First they take away 4 universes from the tournament, no longer making this the "All Universe Tournament." And now they make this a single battle royale match.

I understand that they weren't going to introduce and flesh out 120 characters. But couldn't they have done something like montages, off screen match ups or mini time skips?

It seems like now they've just backed down on what they've been promising us for a super long time now, a martial arts tournament with all 12 universes

Toppo saw goku go ssjb kaioken times 10 why would he be scared of ssjb if he wasn't when he was fought bargamo. Something else happened but we will have to wait two weeks to see what that is.

Well thing is that they never said that the other 4 universe couldn't compete. They stil can with no chance of being erased. I am enjoying the arc it is fun and simple. And I personally believe that they are setting up for another arc with these Mortal Levels. It is too soon to judge. And most certainly should not be judged because a character looked surprised....

@Dragon Well they said 80 fighters were going to be in this tournament. So it seems like they won't be fighting regardless if they can or not. Either way I won't judge it just yet.

I kind of get why they pulled this but it does feel like a copout. They could have done something like Yu Yu Hakusho did for its' last tornament, where it showed certain matchups in detail and others in a more reduced capacity. That gave the tornament a feeling that it was extremely big.

I feel like they backed down because they think they've got to give us all these long matches when they really only have to give us good matches for Universe 7's team and those they fight/interact with.

On a side not, anyone else confused why everyone keeps blaming Goku for all of this when it was stated that 'ol Zen-chan always thought that there were too many universes? Hence, he would have done something like this eventually. Goku's idea for a tornament at least gives a way out.

Stonecoldstunner said:
Toriyama, (or Toyotaro), probably couldn't be arsed to draw 120 new characters
I'm not expecting them to both draw and flesh out 120 brand new characters. That's kinda unreasonable in my honest opinion. And wouldn't make for a good or entertaining show with far too much to follow/keep track of.

But what I don't like is the kinda "cheap" ways it seems like they're going around that. Ways that might compromise on this tournament and what it was promising us to be since the U6 arc.

I actually like how they handled that scene. You could tell everyone was panicked so they were not thinking correctly. Bergamo did not help. I think the episode in 2 weeks will clear his name slightly.

I mean how has no one so far suggested that there will be a wrench in this, it seems straight forward, but what if there is a major obstruction, like in buu saga?

Stonecoldstunner said:
So, what will Bergamo's rating be, 4-B(Before amp), and 3-A(after amp) ?
That's what I'm wondering since I wanna make his file....

@Dragon

True enough.

Honestly, though, I feel like this arc will either be really good or blow chunks. I'll wait and see before I pass judgement.

I'm hoping we get to see more of the other Gods of Destruction, tbh. Anyone got one they really want to see fight or just see more of? For me Sidra, Helles, Liquir and Vermoud.

Has Omni-King even been confirmed to be a god? I don't think he has. He has only been labeled as the "king" of the multiverse.

Do people really think its gonna end at the battle royal?

Heres whats gonna happen, a bunch of people (probably 16) will be left standing after the 48 minutes so they decide to do a tie breaker tournament. My guess about 2 or so fighters from each universe.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Not too happy with a batle royal especially since it's only 48 minutes, unless they pull a goku vs freeza and stretch it out, still first they remove 4 universes and now this.
or if there is a major disruption which also expands the narrative of the db-verse beyond the 12 universe sized world

Now that would be great, another multiverse shows up or something, and zeno isn't the be all end all anymore, but just in a single set of 12, well 18, universes and there are an infinite number of those sets, they could have material forever if they do that.

The Living Tribunal1 said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
Not too happy with a batle royal especially since it's only 48 minutes, unless they pull a goku vs freeza and stretch it out, still first they remove 4 universes and now this.
or if there is a major disruption which also expands the narrative of the db-verse beyond the 12 universe sized world
Could be possible. The last tournament gave us Zeno.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Now that would be great, another multiverse shows up or something, and zeno isn't the be all end all anymore, but just in a single set of 12, well 18, universes and there are an infinite number of those sets, they could have material forever if they do that.
Yeah, that would be great xD

Now imagine if zeno is just a figurehead (still the most powerful or the second most powerful being in each world of 12 to 18 universes) with the highest power running the game just to keep a sinister and uber powerful force of nature asleep or something

Just so you guys know, the Dragon Ball franchise is going to be just like pokemon. In one of Geekdoms videos he showed an article that had an interview with Toriyama where he said Dragon Ball will continue even after he dies.

Oh, and to the people who got triggered at toppo being "Scared" of SSB Goku in the prievew, please, watch the episode propely. He challenged Goku after seein SSBKK. Is SSB>SSBKK now? Rofl

When Bergamo pissed Goku off so much he turned into Krillin

F709be7e578dd0a2b4cb939af92f986d
Where'd his nose go?

Yeah that is what I said it probably was too do with something else. But we won't until the next episode or until the summary gets posted.

Was I the only one rooting for Bergamo? Goku is so nonchalant in the face of billions of deaths, he didn't even try to throw. He fed Bergamo a little power then blew him back so he would win.

I thought this was the setup to get Zen'o to remove the universe destruction rule. Goku starts pumping more damage to Bergamo, going up his forms like normal (Base > SSJ > SSJ2 > SSJ3 > SSB > SSBKKx10), making it seem like he gave it his all while also allowing Bergamo to beat him, saving the universes. But NOPE. Goku is now a trash tier character for me. Screw Goku.

@Assault

Thats exactly what toei wants you to do. Hate Goku. Literally everyone outside of U7 repeatedly says how Goku is a bad guy

And before now I didn't buy it. They excused it by saying "Zen'o would just destroy the universes anyway." That still doesn't make it OK, since it is still incredibly irresponsible to go against Whis and Beerus' judgement, but he wasn't a villain. Now he is.

But this is inexcusable. Goku is worse than Cell, Buu, and Frieza put together in terms of body count. He could have stopped the universal destruction on his own, but he held his pride higher, defeated Bergamo for fun, and then was still cheery when he doomed the universes. He could have still had his fun and fights even if he let Bergamo win. Aside from the angels he is literally the most appalling character in the show.

Even if you say "He will just use the wish to bring everyone back!" There are still so many possible shortcomings of that plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back