• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Uh huh, that's what I thought, so, would that not imply that between the 3 suns, Namek always has a sun facing one side of the planet, kinda like a triangle, with Namek in the center, that way, regardless of orbit, light is always hitting each part of Namek, thus, it is always day, yeah?

Uh huh, that's what I thought, so, would that not imply that between the 3 suns, Namek always has a sun facing one side of the planet, kinda like a triangle, with Namek in the center, that way, regardless of orbit, light is always hitting each part of Namek, thus, it is always day, yeah?
I Guess? Sorry, could you rephrase that a little?

Yeah, to some degree. You can also see all 3 Suns from a single given side, though, so not probably not nearly as cleanly as you’re imagining.

So akin to this? 3 suns, shining on the planet in such a way it's always day, at various depths and angles so the planet, orbit or not is catching light?

In which case, Idk which, but one of these suns must be in the foreground, based on how we know Namek's 3 suns and day/night cycle to work.
Top right seems to be further back given it's drawn smaller, and at that angle, the whole backside would be lit up, so ok.

That means one of the two near the bottom is in front of, or at least parallel with, Namek, which in turn means, Namek is ******* huge, like goddamn ******* massive. kinda like kaioshin planet

I did not check any other scans or shots, idk if it is drawn like this beyond this one shot, it might be a one off inconsistent panel that can't be used, idk. But at least, in this specific panel, Namek was drawn bigger than a small sun, and ya'll should look into if it is drawn like this at least a few more times and if it's consistent.

and now that I planted the seeds of discord I shall slip away :HappyFrug:

In which case, Idk which, but one of these suns must be in the foreground, based on how we know Namek's 3 suns and day/night cycle to work.
Top right seems to be further back given it's drawn smaller, and at that angle, the whole backside would be lit up, so ok.

That means one of the two near the bottom is in front of, or at least parallel with, Namek, which in turn means, Namek is ******* huge, like goddamn ******* massive. kinda like kaioshin planet

I did not check any other scans or shots, idk if it is drawn like this beyond this one shot, it might be a one off inconsistent panel that can't be used, idk. But at least, in this specific panel, Namek was drawn bigger than a small sun, and ya'll should look into if it is drawn like this at least a few more times and if it's consistent.

You might not know but namek is actually the size of a solar system.

based on that panel it'd be like medium star in size, assuming the suns tiny.

Are you trying to cook something bro?

If I was, I would've checked every panel myself, but that's effort I could be using to, idk, do non-DBZ related things. instead, I'm just going "hey, this panel exists, aint that funny?", and telling you lads to figure it out if it's consistent.

Knowing how ya'll act, I expect a verdict within a day.

If I was, I would've checked every panel myself, but that's effort I could be using to, idk, do non-DBZ related things. instead, I'm just going "hey, this panel exists, aint that funny?", and telling you lads to figure it out if it's consistent.

Knowing how ya'll act, I expect a verdict within a day.
Namek is massive omg
Interesting if Nanek is that big.

Wasn't it said in the work that nanek was not as big as a planet? I don't remember, I've seen people talk about it but I never checked (I haven't watched DBZ in years)

2, 4, 6 implies big af and align with the meme. They consistent with each other.
1 might be direct evidence of exactly what I said, assuming the cut-off one is a sun on bottom panel. The way it's drawn would corroborate the angle and triangular layout. only thing is it looks like there's a 4th one here.

3 and 5 weird, looks almost like planets with the texturing.

Basically like 50/50 sun sized shots and vague or inconsistent shots. Not sure how to treat this tbh.

Personally I don't see a lot of useful consistency in the pics there for detirmining Namek's size.

(And if we're being the teensiest bit realistic, a bigger-than-stars sized Namek would have enough gravity to crush Bulma flat)

The colored scans aren't actually canon, they're like every other shueisha colored manga.

They're neat to look at, and might help in grasping stuff, but any colors are just made up by some dudes, all we know is that they suns, and that's about it.

Personally I don't see a lot of useful consistency in the pics there for detirmining Namek's size.
I do, looks 50/50. Some shots identical, some not.
(And if we're being the teensiest bit realistic, a bigger-than-stars sized Namek would have enough gravity to crush Bulma flat)
Supreme Kai planet has stars orbiting it explicitly, and Mr. Satan is just fine.

Also like, DBZ dog, we got a planet the size of my backyard with 10g, apparently an average planet eclipses earth yet most we know have 1g gravity bar plane vegeta, namek having 3 suns in and of itself doesnt make sense given how orbits work and suns work, like, if namek is a normal planet, that means it's orbiting a sun, in which case, it cant have a complete day cycle as it'd move out of the position of other suns as it moves along one of the three. That, or Namek would be torn apart by having 3 suns gravitational pull constantly pulling at it each as it attempts to orbit them.

Tbh the more I think about it, the more I'm like what if the suns orbit Namek, not Namek orbiting them? Would unironically make the most sense and align with several shots 🤔

Also like, DBZ dog, we got a planet the size of my backyard with 10g, apparently an average planet eclipses earth yet most we know have 1g gravity bar plane vegeta, namek having 3 suns in and of itself doesnt make sense given how orbits work and suns work, like, if namek is a normal planet, that means it's orbiting a sun, in which case, it cant have a complete day cycle as it'd move out of the position of other suns as it moves along one of the three. That, or Namek would be torn apart by having 3 suns gravitational pull constantly pulling at it each as it attempts to orbit them.

Tbh the more I think about it, the more I'm like what if the suns orbit Namek, not Namek orbiting them? Would unironically make the most sense and align with several shots 🤔
They had an interview with an expert.
Conclusion.
1. Multiple sun can revolve around a planet
2. There must a day/night cycle.
3. It should revolve in a specific way, not how it's shown in the Manga.

Not withstanding his opinion ultimately aint canon at all and thus, ultimately ain't usable as evidence for, or against.
"—Oh, so there are worlds like Planet Namek out there! Because of all those suns it never gets dark on Planet Namek, but is that part realistic, too?
Sekine:
Oh, that aspect is a bit far-fetched on a physical level. In systems with more than one sun, the smaller suns always orbit the largest sun.
Furthermore, the planets in that system would then orbit the suns, so no matter how many suns there are, the planets would still experience night at some point."

Does corroborate with what I was saying, it would actually be impossible as it would experience night eventually due to orbiting one such sun, that, or torn apart if each sun is equally contributing, kinda leading to, what if the suns orbit Namek instead? Kinda unrealistic but the very premise is, and when we have wild shit like the supreme kai planet which is asinine, idk, maybe.

Personally im 50/50, maybe as a high end? Like "possibly"? But then again, idk if this would even affect anything except Moro, who's like, low 2-C or some shit, shit like Frieza nuking the core or tanking it might not be calculable if we don't know how big said core is, or how close to the epicenter he was.

main-qimg-5a6df592fa88b61271ee95aa0fb329c6-lq

Not withstanding his opinion ultimately aint canon at all and thus, ultimately ain't usable as evidence for, or against.
"—Oh, so there are worlds like Planet Namek out there! Because of all those suns it never gets dark on Planet Namek, but is that part realistic, too?
Sekine:
Oh, that aspect is a bit far-fetched on a physical level. In systems with more than one sun, the smaller suns always orbit the largest sun.
Furthermore, the planets in that system would then orbit the suns, so no matter how many suns there are, the planets would still experience night at some point."

Does corroborate with what I was saying, it would actually be impossible as it would experience night eventually due to orbiting one such sun, that, or torn apart if each sun is equally contributing, kinda leading to, what if the suns orbit Namek instead? Kinda unrealistic but the very premise is, and when we have wild shit like the supreme kai planet which is asinine, idk, maybe.

Personally im 50/50, maybe as a high end? Like "possibly"? But then again, idk if this would even affect anything except Moro, who's like, low 2-C or some shit, shit like Frieza nuking the core or tanking it might not be calculable if we don't know how big said core is, or how close to the epicenter he was.
I considered this as well, couldn't its GBE be high enough that it can withstand 3 suns pulling it in different directions?

The option of the suns orbitting around it, would just make it even weirder to calculate

I considered this as well, couldn't its GBE be high enough that it can withstand 3 suns pulling it in different directions?
Nah, because at that point, the suns themselves still have to move.
The option of the suns orbitting around it, would just make it even weirder to calculate
Tbh not really, it'd just be a huge af planet we can pixel scale directly off of. I mean it'd be weird, but DBZ has worse shit so shrug.

Nah, because at that point, the suns themselves still have to move.
So in the end, they'd still be orbitting round it
Tbh not really, it'd just be a huge af planet we can pixel scale directly off of. I mean it'd be weird, but DBZ has worse shit so shrug.
Based on its gravity, its not super dense

So, in this case, i'd assume the conservative assumption would be that it's at least, as large as the largest of the suns, which I assume we'd simply equate to our own star, we can use the SD calculator to use the diameter and 1g gravity to get the GBE

Another end could simply calculate the minimum GBE it would need to withstand 3 suns at once and see how the values line up?

that does make sense and the planet is probably tidally locked as well although such planets shouldn’t be able to survive normally

Can we do anything with density of planet since planet namek being in three star system and wouldn't getting ripped apart to shreds would mean that it has a very high density

Back