• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I think the argument Luffy's trying to make is that Super Shenron should scale to Zeno's level since even Zeno believes Super Shenron to be capable of granting any wish. It's not terrible reasoning for him to be Low 1-C. I'm not personally opposed to it, but you'll probably need something stronger than Zeno's word to get that through a CRT here.

I think the argument Luffy's trying to make is that Super Shenron should scale to Zeno's level since even Zeno believes Super Shenron to be capable of granting any wish. It's not terrible reasoning for him to be Low 1-C. I'm not personally opposed to it, but you'll probably need something stronger than Zeno's word to get that through a CRT here.
Everything is already in the plans, I'm just heating up the grill.

Btw who is going to upgrade DBS manga from chapter 103? Base Broly is now ultimate Gohan tier who is SSB tier and SSJ Broly~Beast Gohan. Meaning Broly is a walking beast just in base.

Shockwaves from Gohan punches destroyed my house.
Do you have scans? I would like to use them in my CRT
0b2adb794059fa0bca9233b1535c5592787968ac_2000x2000.webp

This is what my home city looks like after his punch.

Full Power Super Saiyan*, I never denied the fact that Broly’s green haired form is called Full Power Super Saiyan, but I was merely sending a scan showing that it has been called “Legendary Super Saiyan” along “with Full Power Super Saiyan“ in promotional material. So that it was still valid to call the form either name.

Either way, it’s stated that Broly and Kale could be the Legendary Super Saiyan in the movie and manga respectfully even if you don’t wanna call the form that.
Well of course. I’m not saying it’s never been called LSSJ before—But the best we get is like, a few times in promos, and often not the more reputable ones. And yeah it is called Legendary Super Saiyan sometimes, but that’s not what it is in story. For example, in the (Subbed) DBS Anime, Vegeta {when talking about LSSJ Kale} suggests that it’s simply “A Saiyan’s True Form.” I don’t recall Broly ever being mentioned to potentially be the Legend in film, but even if it was by like, Vegeta (who as established on Namek has no idea what one actually is), he’d be wrong.

The Legendary Super Saiyan in the Super Continuity was a regular ol’ Super Saiyan who died in vain and then wandered the Universe as a Spirit searching for a Saviour, the Super Saiyan God. There IS no “reoccurring 1000 years monster” in U7. According to Toriyama, there’s just Super Saiyan—Which is why when it was made for the film, there WASN’T a green haired form. Toriyama just doesn’t have it existing. Shintani made it up because he wanted to maintain the image of Z Broly he had in his head from his childhood.

The only in story place I can directly think of that actually cites the Legend is the Manga. And that was corrected in the re-release because it makes no sense. U6 has no Super Saiyan myth, after all, because it never existed in their reality. So the closest we get is “Demonic Saiyan” or “Legendary Saiyan.” And even then, at no point in the story are Broly and Kale ever referenced to be similar, even when they OBVIOUSLY are.

What I mean to say is that Broly isn’t the LSSJ. He has a form that is LSSJ in visuals only, and if referenced, only in light of meta-aware tertiary canon. There is no legendary monster—Just ordinary Super Saiyan. Any reference to a monster was a warped retelling of Yamoshi. And even when there is, Broly isn’t connected to it in any way. Only Kale, and given there’s no such thing as SSJ in U6, likely not LSSJ, but a separate phenomenon entirely. Even if it was the same, (and just what U6 called LSSJs because they didn’t know better) it still wouldn’t include DBS Broly at all—Who is the main point.

Edit: Also, Broly’s form would be Super Saiyan (Full Power), {as annotated in all games} because Grade 4 is already called Full Power Super Saiyan.

I think Broly getting called Full Power Super Saiyan is fine because the idea of Grade 4 was being phased out by the 7th Daizenshuu since it only mentions grade 2 and 3, which makes sense cause it's just mastered Grade 1, it doesn't actually increase your power like the 2nd and 3rd grades.

Well of course. I’m not saying it’s never been called LSSJ before—But the best we get is like, a few times in promos, and often not the more reputable ones. And yeah it is called Legendary Super Saiyan sometimes, but that’s not what it is in story. For example, in the (Subbed) DBS Anime, Vegeta {when talking about LSSJ Kale} suggests that it’s simply “A Saiyan’s True Form.” I don’t recall Broly ever being mentioned to potentially be the Legend in film, but even if it was by like, Vegeta (who as established on Namek has no idea what one actually is), he’d be wrong.

The Legendary Super Saiyan in the Super Continuity was a regular ol’ Super Saiyan who died in vain and then wandered the Universe as a Spirit searching for a Saviour, the Super Saiyan God. There IS no “reoccurring 1000 years monster” in U7. According to Toriyama, there’s just Super Saiyan—Which is why when it was made for the film, there WASN’T a green haired form. Toriyama just doesn’t have it existing. Shintani made it up because he wanted to maintain the image of Z Broly he had in his head from his childhood.

The only in story place I can directly think of that actually cites the Legend is the Manga. And that was corrected in the re-release because it makes no sense. U6 has no Super Saiyan myth, after all, because it never existed in their reality. So the closest we get is “Demonic Saiyan” or “Legendary Saiyan.” And even then, at no point in the story are Broly and Kale ever referenced to be similar, even when they OBVIOUSLY are.

What I mean to say is that Broly isn’t the LSSJ. He has a form that is LSSJ in visuals only, and if referenced, only in light of meta-aware tertiary canon. There is no legendary monster—Just ordinary Super Saiyan. Any reference to a monster was a warped retelling of Yamoshi. And even when there is, Broly isn’t connected to it in any way. Only Kale, and given there’s no such thing as SSJ in U6, likely not LSSJ, but a separate phenomenon entirely. Even if it was the same, (and just what U6 called LSSJs because they didn’t know better) it still wouldn’t include DBS Broly at all—Who is the main point.

Edit: Also, Broly’s form would be Super Saiyan (Full Power), {as annotated in all games} because Grade 4 is already called Full Power Super Saiyan.
The film one is this (2:01), so I’m not referring to a Vegeta statement in the film.

(I didn’t respond to the other stuff since there’s really nothing more to say about it)

I’m aware that Kale is referred to as the Legendary Saiyan, that’s what I was trying to show earlier. Though I could’ve swore in the manga or anime somewhere that there’s a story about a rampaging saiyan who destroys things, but I can’t find it so I’ll assume that was my bad memory.

Grade 4 is called Super Saiyan Full Power, Broly’s form is called Full Power Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan (Full Power) which just means FP SSJ. It’s differentiated because of the grade 4 form.

The film one is this (2:01), so I’m not referring to a Vegeta statement in the film.

(I didn’t respond to the other stuff since there’s really nothing more to say about it)

I’m aware that Kale is referred to as the Legendary Saiyan, that’s what I was trying to show earlier. Though I could’ve swore in the manga or anime somewhere that there’s a story about a rampaging saiyan who destroys things, but I can’t find it so I’ll assume that was my bad memory.
Vegeta raves about this (which is likely what the Doctors meant), but the problem is that they’re all wrong. That’s what I mean. Z-Broly is the Legendary Super Saiyan. The Myth was real, a real Saiyan who was genuinely a monster. All other Super Saiyans were essentially just bastardizations of it. If I was to put it in the same genetic terms used for DBS Broly, (a mutant), Broly is the “Next Evolution.” Everyone else is a step behind him. This contrasts with Super—The real Super Saiyan was Yamoshi. There was no rampaging monster, and any monster ever talked about were warped retellings of the truth. Thus DBS Broly could never fulfill the Legend, because it was never real.

Which makes sense—Goku fulfilled the Legend on Namek by subverting expectations of the Saiyan Legacy/people. By being calm, loving, and connected to people. By caring. “Pure of Heart, Awoken by Fury.” And this Legend is then retroactively layered and connected to that of the Super Saiyan God, a hidden Saviour amongst their people who would pull them from the darkness and uplift them towards purity.

Z-Broly is the actualization of the mythical Legend.

Super-Broly is at best a coincidental mimicry of a lie.

Which is why I think the distinction exists in all the material. Within Super Canon, Broly simply cannot be the Legend as it happened.
Grade 4 is called Super Saiyan Full Power, Broly’s form is called Full Power Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan (Full Power) which just means FP SSJ. It’s differentiated because of the grade 4 form.
That’s because they have the same name. There is no actual written difference between them (SSJ FP).

Full-Power Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan Full Power.

超サイヤ人フルパワー”

Super Saiyan (Full Power)

超サイヤ人フルパワー

The written differentiation between them is solely based on official materials, and Broly’s form is almost always annotated “Super Saiyan (Full Power).” Which is why I wrote it that way—That’s the objectively correct way to write it.

Saw the newest chapter.
Ok so MUI Goku and Beast Gohan are pretty much equal until Goku speed blitz Gohan then the latter gains a power boosts to overcome Goku’s ui ability. It seems Beast form isn’t at 100% since Gohan said he can only draw it out by raising his ki then controlling it. Broly witnesses this and applies Gohan mechanism into his SSJ form and Broly now knows how to not go berserk(ish), with the former actually pressuring Beast Gohan (ffs he’s not even at max power). All in all this was an amazing chapter and we will now be in a hiatus since of Toriyama’s passing 😔

Let’s hope we r still alive but the time they pick it back up

Last edited:
Btw who is going to upgrade DBS manga from chapter 103? Base Broly is now ultimate Gohan tier who is SSB tier and SSJ Broly~Beast Gohan. Meaning Broly is a walking beast just in base.
Woah woah how do we even know Gohan was fighting in his Ultimate form? Didn’t even seem like he was before going Beast

Broly is > ssj levels in base for now. Too soon to say he was ultimate in base. It was just one clash and the very first one.

Its likely his ssj multiplier is just astronomical. Even Gohan said his super saiyan is unlike anyones prior.

Btw anybody gonna talk about how Goten and Trunks matched SSJ Broly without even fusing?
broly definitely wasn't going all out on them, not a chance. And it was implied it was just an all out battle royal between all of them. So we have no idea what happened.

Back