• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

This is a real gut punch. DBZ was my first real anime. I remember watching DBZ Kai on Adult Swim when I was a kid. I even remember where I was when I saw that episode. I really wish I could shed tears for Toriyama. No matter what flaws the series may have had, his legacy and the joy that his series spread cannot be overstated. I hope he is resting peacefully in the afterlife.

Rip Akira Toriyama

I wouldn't have met so many people had it not been for Dragon Ball, and be impaired to come up with my own dragon ball stories and I've been a fan of Dragon Ball for over 14 years

8c09es3m81nc1.png

This gets more heartbreaking by the moment...

i.......don't even feel sad, it sunk in, i......feel empty, i feel a void, i...........the guy who helped me be the "me" of today, who made me see manga and anime for the first time, that made me play my first game, that made me come here in VSBW for the first time and meet a lot of people who are my friends.....gone, just like that

i am feeling uncertainty for his work going foward, i feel sad that we will never see what left he had planned, even never meeting him, i will feel it, he was important to me, even if he never knew my name, i had so much hard moments that i was able to pass through because of him, even if Dragon Ball is not my favorite series, it still was one of, if not THE most important, so much of what i like today is tied to him in some way, it doesn't feel real, it doesn't feel right, it doesn't feel like reality

i want him to be at peace, i want him to forever rest, knowing that his legacy will never be forgotten, just like with the old classics like Shakespeare, his works will forever be in the imaginative, forever be referenced, and luckily, be considered in the studies of literature as well, i dunno how to end this, the emptiness will go away eventually, but i will forever remember this moment, where someone who helped me so dearly went away......and God, i will miss him

In response to the news I’ve sat thinking, I’ve cried, and I’ve reflected. And I still can’t believe it. The man was a pillar to my life. My childhood and onward, and so even though I know it’s true, I can’t believe the information. It hasn’t truly sunk in.

But I do know this. Despite what many will say, Toriyama wasn’t just ONE of the Greatest Mangaka of all time. No, he was the absolute BEST—Number One. And no one can take that title from him.

We’ll see you in Other World, and may your trip to King Kai’s be swift, Toriyama.

maxresdefault.jpg

Apparently it was a subdural hematoma which is usually caused by physical trauma...

RIP legend. You changed the lifes of millions of people

Tragedy strikes quickly. An unprecedented loss that will ache the hearts of millions no doubt. He was an icon, dare I say a legend. A pioneer of an entire genre of fictional media, whose legacy is one that almost anyone would dream of. It's hard to believe and still feels surreal. Dragon Ball was a pivotal part of my own childhood. It brought anime into the Western scene and was a true life-changer. Wouldn't be who I am today without it.

Nonetheless, it is better to be happy that we had him and his works in our lives rather than to be sad that he is now gone, as all things leave eventually. Positive memories of what he gave to the world are what he would want.

Truly a legacy that will live on eternally.

I can't say anything, he's my childhood and for the rest of my life, I'll remember his name.

Rest In Peace, Akira Toriyama. We will miss you, sensei. Have fun training with Kaio-sama and Dai-Kai-sama up there!

I think a profile like Tori-Bot would be a beautiful tribute to our dear Akira

Sincerely, there is no way to continue without him in Dragon Ball, he is the smile of Dragon Ball, now the only thing left to miss is the father of fiction

What was the cause of death?
Subdural Hematoma was what the official cause was. Basically as a result of head trauma, the blood vessels in Toriyama's brain bursted open and begin to pool between his skull and the surface of his brain, which damages tissue as its being pushed against the brain.

Meaning that not only did Toriyama die, he didn't really die peacefully or painlessly

Subdural Hematoma was what the official cause was. Basically as a result of head trauma, the blood vessels in Toriyama's brain bursted open and begin to pool between his skull and the surface of his brain, which damages tissue as its being pushed against the brain.

Meaning that not only did Toriyama die, he didn't really die peacefully or painlessly
But we have no info on the cause of that? Just speculations for known causes to this issue?

Thanks for everything Toriyama, may you rest in peace. You may be gone but as long as everything you made continues to be loved worldwide, we'll have a part of you that will never die. I can't describe how much dragon ball has meant for me since the time I became a fan not so long ago and I know there are many others who share this sentiment and I hope he knows the impact he has had on millions.

I wonder what caused said head trauma... This is so ******* sad man

Back