• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

You know what? The new series seems perfect for its primarily demographic. It is mostly aimed at the younger Japanese audience, and they kinda like this sort of “cute/chibi“ stuff so it makes sense. I hate to say it but us western fans are a secondary audience lol

Yeah them being kids is weird but I guess the reason is that it makes the lower scale fighting make more sense since they likely won't be as strong (Although the collateral damage these guys do rarely goes beyond like building level anyway so I dunno)

Umm are chichi and Bulma still legal???

Also no joke this might really expand the cosmology.
I doubt it’ll expand the cosmology. We already knew about the Demon Realm and it’s implied size also being a Universe, so at best it’d just confirmed what was once accepted (and now rejected).

Though it could surprise us.

Yeah them being kids is weird but I guess the reason is that it makes the lower scale fighting make more sense since they likely won't be as strong (Although the collateral damage these guys do rarely goes beyond like building level anyway so I dunno)
From Building level collateral damage to just wall level =P

Umm are chichi and Bulma still legal???
d9f.jpg

Also no joke this might really expand the cosmology.
Really depends on how they handle the demon realm, like I wouldn't hold my breath for it being anything more than a different universe.

I doubt it’ll expand the cosmology. We already knew about the Demon Realm and it’s implied size also being a Universe, so at best it’d just confirmed what was once accepted (and now rejected).

Though it could surprise us.
Eh it already showed dimensional walls and more magic like stuff in a trailer than I have seen in the whole DB.

I understand the kid stuff because they wanna go to the series roots like with GT (kid Goku), but another thing they could've done to impact Goku's Ki Manip without affecting age is have the antagonist use some kind of seal that heavily weakens the targets Ki or makes it immensely difficult to use Ki, which forces Goku to use his Ki attacks sparingly. That way we can still get hand to hand focus combat while still keeping the adult forms (would've been very similar to 23rd Budokai which I adore, and that arc was a nice blend of hand to hand with Ki attacks imo).

Man 23rd Budokai style combat for this series would be my wet dream.

Also, I want to point this out because there’s this really weird rumor being pushed, but it can’t take place before DBS.

Shin and Kibito are unfused, which means it must take place after the Tournament of Destroyers, bare minimum.
Unless they're forced to fuse again during the series, then they can defuse again. But if it really does take place during the five-year period between Buu and Beerus, can't believe they ignored this key point. Regardless, I hope it doesn't affect how the DBS manga proceeds.

Unless they're forced to fuse again during the series, then they can defuse again. But if it really does take place during the five-year period between Buu and Beerus, can't believe they ignored this key point. Regardless, I hope it doesn't affect how the DBS manga proceeds.
I mean, even then it wouldn’t make such sense, since the whole cast reacts at the ToD that they unfused, citing it as something they all thought was “impossible.” Which doesn’t flow together if this is the case.

Really, if this story is canon, it’s happening post ToD, and if it’s the “present” would have no inconsistencies.

And if it’s non-canon, then it really doesn’t have to worry about that inconsistency. (I’ve seen a lot of theories, based on the cast lineup and the setting, that the day takes place on an alternate version of Bulma’s Birthday during BoG. This would make sense if it’s Non-Canon, and similar to previous Toei Projects is meant to emulate the original story.)

A God {Hakaishin, Maikaioshin}—Connected to the Kaioshin—{Hakaishin life bond, as well as Cosmic Opposite, Maikaioshin being the Equal—Opposite/Demonic Version of the Kaioshin}—Comes to Earth and, in a surprise twist of fate, uses the Dragon Balls {Legend of the SSG, The Wish}, to morph Son Goku and co. {The cast gets various forms, like God Ki, Orange/Beast, Frieza’s forms, etc. and in this case the cast gets turned into kids} and opens a new world to explore {Opens the Realm of the Gods/The Demon Realm} which leads into the revisiting of even old enemies {What seems like Daimao Piccolo and also a RRA Bot—A “Beta”—in the trailer, and in Super you have Frieza and the RRA.} Bonus points for featuring an enemy who heavily is influenced around the Gods in general {Zamasu, Moro}, who also happens to be an evil magician/wizard {again, Moro}.

And if that’s the case, then defusing could be apart of the de-aging. Being reverted to a prior state. (Though it then begs the question of why Piccolo wasn’t reset, but he might have been shown to have been offscreen.)

Though I also think it’s odd, because the fact they were at the party to begin with doesn’t add up, as in both the film and anime they were on their planet. Same with Goku, who was at King Kai’s Planet, not on Earth. But ultimately those are technically inconsequential factors and could also be just more inconsistencies due to a Non-Canon nature.

I like the animation style, kinda like a cross between Broly and Super Hero.

At this point for Dragon Ball I only really care if it's good and fun, as much as I'd like a continuation of Super I could not give less of a shit if or when it happens because it being a thing doesn't matter if it, y'know, shit (Which given the overall quality of Super, eh might actually make me want a continuation a little bit less)
Kinda my opinions I think it looks fun and different enough to be pretty interesting and I'd hate for things to feel samey on this long journey,, I'm personally optimistic given how good the trailer looked. I'm always going to be on board given the chance to see meaningful and fun expansions of the world we've all growm up with through different lenses

Also people aren't looking at this as is. We're getting a series exploring the magic sides of dragon ball before we get to everyone's favorite Magic Goat which means we can maybe see more of a focus on otherwordly abilities from Moro given the continuation of the Super anime after.

at least that's how I'm seeing it

Also people aren't looking at this as is. We're getting a series exploring the magic sides of dragon ball before we get to everyone's favorite Magic Goat which means we can maybe see more of a focus on otherwordly abilities from Moro given the continuation of the Super anime after.

at least that's how I'm seeing it
Or just a super update for DB

Super has a lot of hype, but I personally don’t think the characters are written with any particular care which in my view, detracts from the quality.

But that’s just me 🤷‍♂️
Nah for sure I get that but at least for me the highest of peaks for Super definitely reaches the level of Z and that's not to say it reaches to best of Z or even the great stuff in Z but it does definitely pierce the veil to lower degrees where if was Z it would be some "okay" stuff imo

Back