• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

So, this series would undoubtedly add/retcon a few things related to Z or Super. How we gonna deal with that? This seems more canon than Super given just how much involved Toriyammer is

Kid Goku will have a rematch with Monster Carrot who's been training in space this whole time and learn the carrot transmutation ability.

Is this fanmade? If this was canon it would be fire ngl. Especially if it gave Goku some hax instead of being another "xd he stronger now!!"
Thinking about how the transformation was initially only temporary but as the series progressed the transformation was achieved by Goku back in EOZ, I think the transformation is very suitable for the concept of Goku EOZ and yes Saiyans can grow their tails back if they need them again it seems reasonable.

So, this series would undoubtedly add/retcon a few things related to Z or Super. How we gonna deal with that? This seems more canon than Super given just how much involved Toriyammer is
DBS is canon. Daima is canon. Whatever Daima contradicts we accept as superior canon (like any retcons or 'revelations' Super has had about the past) because it comes after and has Toriyama's direct say. Toyotaro will likely retroactively canonise it if it takes place pre-BoG like some leakers claim.

The issue actually arises if Daima takes place in the future (say post-SH) and the manga doesn't acknowledge it. It would be usable for the Anime continuity but if the manga does nothing with it then it could be contrived as 'non-canon'. Thing is, we know a trademark for a Daima manga exists so Toyotaro will probably expect people to read that instead of Super for their Daima fix.

So yeah we'll see what happens but imo Daima retcons should take precedent as the latest thing and having Toriyama's direct involvement. Just apply them to DBS retroactively as canon.

DBS is canon. Daima is canon. Whatever Daima contradicts we accept as superior canon (like any retcons or 'revelations' Super has had about the past) because it comes after and has Toriyama's direct say. Toyotaro will likely retroactively canonise it if it takes place pre-BoG like some leakers claim.

The issue actually arises if Daima takes place in the future (say post-SH) and the manga doesn't acknowledge it. It would be usable for the Anime continuity but if the manga does nothing with it then it could be contrived as 'non-canon'. Thing is, we know a trademark for a Daima manga exists so Toyotaro will probably expect people to read that instead of Super for their Daima fix.

So yeah we'll see what happens but imo Daima retcons should take precedent as the latest thing and having Toriyama's direct involvement. Just apply them to DBS retroactively as canon.
Imagine they show only 4 galaxies.

I feel like Damia is the response to increased censorship of blood and gore in animes that aren't aired in the evening/prime time in Japan, so instead of trying hard to have serious, dramatic life or death fight sequences that have little to no blood in them (unlike the manga, I'll never forget how raw Vegito Vs Merged Zamasu was even tho it was a short fight) they decided to embrace the cards they've been dealt with and instead of having a gimmed supposedly serious fighting Shonen we getting an expansive light hearted adventure Shonen, which honestly I don't mind if that's how the chips fell.

Please correct me if I misinterpreted or misunderstood the situation.

Manga gets increasingly violent with scenes like Moro shoving his arm through chests and Freeza killing Gas.

Anime decides to go for a more child-friendly and lighthearted story with the cast turned into kids and having a magical adventure to defeat a JRPG-style Demon King/Lord.

Manga gets increasingly violent with scenes like Moro shoving his arm through chests and Freeza killing Gas.

Anime decides to go for a more child-friendly and lighthearted story with the cast turned into kids and having a magical adventure to defeat a JRPG-style Demon King/Lord.
I don't think it would go down well with boys crossing enemy bodies, but I agree that the manga showed several violent scenes

N3wTx.jpg

The rumored 13th Gold Saint.

Ya gotta watch basically all the DBZ anime to make a Toeiverse Gohan profile, that takes quite of time
Also gotta make gifs for his moves and stuff

Ok so it's not exact and it's only there for like half a second but one of the screens (Or magic visions?) the two dudes are looking at with all the buu saga flashbacks is just a shot of an galaxy with what looks like the same purpleish pink sparks that they used to show Buu destroying that one galaxy in the anime only flashback. Could be something else entirely of course but imagine if Daima retroactively makes the canon Buu saga 4-A.

Ok so it's not exact and it's only there for like half a second but one of the screens (Or magic visions?) the two dudes are looking at with all the buu saga flashbacks is just a shot of an galaxy with what looks like the same purpleish pink sparks that they used to show Buu destroying that one galaxy in the anime only flashback. Could be something else entirely of course but imagine if Daima retroactively makes the canon Buu saga 4-A.
Was going to mention that too

if they, then daima happens in the same timeline as toei z

JJ sent it to me on discord and I thought the exact same thing. Even as a one-off flashback, it should be enough to make Manga Z 4-A when the anime actually drops

Back