• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Akyo Iyoku wanted to release a DB Anime.

But Sueisha was holding it back, since Sueisha was in charge of the Anime rights.

Dunno why, but they probably thought that it wasn't the moment to release a full 23 minutes episodie Anime yet (for whatever stupid reason).

So Akyo Iyoku (Who also wanted to make more money) got fed up with Sueisha and took the Anime rights
Like did he pay for them? What do they have now? Also really why don't they release more dragonball? The actors are dying with how old they are. Toriyama is also. They need to make more now. Also I'm somewhat puzzled if all dragonball content stops or continues after the author's death. In manga that usually doesn't happen but then again no anime has that much popularity and it's author is also close to dying.

We're certain to get at least a bit of hax from Dragon Ball Magic I'd say, would bet money on some transmutation, possibly petrification, maybe sealing, a lot of creation feats, maybe soul manipulation, a lot of telepathy and telekinesis, and probably a bit of energy absorption. I wouldn't expect new forms though.

But if this is actually going to be end of Z Goku which is WAAAY ahead of where Super ended, like...bro what💀
I mean Og DB, Buu Saga and Future trunks saga have the most hax and two of the 3 mainly had it because of magic so maybe we will see some good stuff.

Like did he pay for them? What do they have now? Also really why don't they release more dragonball? The actors are dying with how old they are. Toriyama is also. They need to make more now. Also I'm somewhat puzzled if all dragonball content stops or continues after the author's death. In manga that usually doesn't happen but then again no anime has that much popularity and it's author is also close to dying
He did pay for them. And the reason they didn't release more DB was becouse Sueisha didn't feel like it and prefered to continue the manga.

Inb4 Dragon Ball Magic introduces a new god-tier that can restructure an entire universe with a thought (and Goku overpowers his hax via having a lot of Ki).

You mean like no creator actually made their fiction with the mind to give them infinite speed?
Yes. There are zero stories where Infinite speed was ever actually conceived of or can even begin to function on a narrative level. It is purely made up for battleboarding purposes. The only instance where it could maybe work on a narrative-level is for a transcendent god that doesn't actually exist in the story outside of a few pages to be wanked off then pissed off.

Well that just ain't true. There are many characters meant to have infinite or immeasurable speed by the author. But sure as hell nowhere in any Dragon Ball material lol.
I have never heard of Infinite speed being argued for by an author. Ever. Probably because any author worth knowing realises that shit is like opening a can of stupid worms.

I don't think anything tops Zeno. Though we also haven't seen Zalama. Or Daishinkan and his powers.
I think it's pretty likely that Zeno will be revealed to just be a random child of his own species and that the adults of his kind are far more powerful. It just seems like something Toriyama would do.

Infinite speed means the story takes place in an instant lol
Exactly.

We have to discuss this

I have never heard of Infinite speed being argued for by an author. Ever. Probably because any author worth knowing realises that shit is like opening a can of stupid worms.
Meanwhile the Flash, outrunning teleportation, which is beyond what can simply be defined as infinity:

Infinite speed has been a concept in numerous fictional works. It's stupid, but it's fiction, idk what point you're trying to make about how ridiculous the concept of infinite speed is when you have higher-dimensional beings in fiction that can reshape realities with a thought.

Infinite speed means the story takes place in an instant lol
Not if it applies to a specific set of characters or if the characters can suppress their speed that much. The Flash can go infinite to immeasurable speeds but he doesn't always process or move at that speed.

If we're talking about passive and casual infinite speed, then yeah no that's never been a thing as far as I know.

I think it's pretty likely that Zeno will be revealed to just be a random child of his own species and that the adults of his kind are far more powerful. It just seems like something Toriyama would do.
Dragon Ball moment for sure.

But I don't think it'll happen. I think Zeno is gonna be the be all end all of the verse in terms of the power chain.

Meanwhile the Flash, outrunning teleportation, which is beyond what can simply be defined as infinity:
The Flash that is so notorious for jobbing to non-powered opponents to the extent it's a meme? The Flash who seems to suddenly get nerfed for plot convenience? The Flash who's speed would end 99% of comic book storylines if he was ever actually allowed to use it but rarely if ever is because Infinite speed instantly breaks the entire setting?

Man it was only like three hours ago that I saw him jobbing to slippery freaking ice.
Infinite speed has been a concept in numerous fictional works. It's stupid, but it's fiction, idk what point you're trying to make about how ridiculous the concept of infinite speed is when you have higher-dimensional beings in fiction that can reshape realities with a thought.
'Higher dimensional beings' are also stupid but I'm referring to Infinite speed as stupid.

There is also no point to be made. I am stating facts. Infinite speed makes no narrative sense in any story of any setting and is dumb as shit.

There is also no point to be made. I am stating facts. Infinite speed makes no narrative sense in any story of any setting and is dumb as shit.

Fictions where Infinite speed as referring to have fights in 0 time are hard to find unless it's something limited to a specific technique like Adam from RoR, otherwise it's always something like "Ohh, this place is said to be infinite in size and this character crossed it. Infinite speed."

Fictions where Infinite speed as referring to have fights in 0 time are hard to find unless it's something limited to a specific technique like Adam from RoR, otherwise it's always something like "Ohh, this place is said to be infinite in size and this character crossed it. Infinite speed."
Exactly. If it's something like running through time stop for example, the author hardly ever says "this character has infinite speed." It's more "she's so fast it has no effect on her" and then that's used as the proof for infinite speed.

I discovered something new about the DB multiverse, to go to another timeline they have to cross a kind of space-time that is between the parallel timeline and another timeline (like a kind of dimension/ wormhole), taking that being to another timeline.

I discovered something new about the DB multiverse, to go to another timeline they have to cross a kind of space-time that is between the parallel timeline and another timeline (like a kind of dimension/ wormhole), taking that being to another timeline.
Goku Black mentions that they passed through a void between space-time in Dragon Ball

Even here you can hear the appearing and disappearing effect. Cell could somewhat react.

I wonder if this is also true for the manga.
Yes, but actually no.

You see, this never occurs, not as it’s seen (as in the ACTUAL Teleportation Zone). The main Z Anime’s use of IT (not the films) are fairly faithful to the Manga (which notably does not have a Teleportation Zone).

The Teleportation Zone only “exists” and was made up in the Z movies, and no one reacts to it. SSJ Vegeta can only react to the consequences of Goku and M.Cooler’s fight as they enter and exit reality—(such as when they make contact with the floor)—And in the first Broly film, where Goku only is seen to use IT to travel the universe to follow Broly’s Ki (but he only found destruction, which shouldn’t be possible based on how IT works—It takes you directly to Ki Signatures when traveling long distances, and when a Ki Signature moves it takes you to that. Goku also appears in lifeless rubble where Ki doesn’t exist, which again, should not be possible.)

That’s not to say it doesn’t apply to the Anime—They’re apart of the same continuity and the like, (obviously it’s the opposite, and the films do apply), but it does mean that the movies are actively embellishing the mechanics of the move and they don’t coincide with the Anime’s use outside of the fact they are forced to. (Similar to how the Garlic Saga and film MUST be canon to GT despite it being physically impossible for the first film to exist in the timeline—Same with Cooler’s Revenge. They don’t actually coincide based on any actual standard of observation, but they are FORCED to coincide due to continuity.)
I was joking about the TP zone.

I'm more so referring to the fact people can react between IT pop-ins, which they can

If it was instant the blip would happen instantly. Here the blast that we know doesn't have infinite speed crossed a few tens of kilometers or hundreds before goku appreared behind cell. Of course the blast is quite fast hence the time was not a lot but it also was not instant as previously though. Which does actually help the fight between Goku and Cooler in the movie make much more sense.

for what I gather we look at the blast being in space as an anti feat for IT ( it taking some time to get Goku from the atmosphere to Cell on earth) but couldn't it be

Instant = (Blip > Cell's Blast + Cell Reaction < Blip)
Nope, we see the re-appearing sound effect after the blast leaves the atmosphere and Cell reacts to it. It's definitive proof that IT is not instant (the movement is, but the technique itself isn't)

Back