• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

But yeah it is possible divine power could be some weird exponential increase rather than normal Ki which is just linearly additional. Still doesn't explain why Kid Buu, who would if anything be stronger than Uub, was only on par with SSJ3 Goku in the Buu Saga, even though Uub with the same energy could allow Goku to use MUI.
New evidence suggests Oob is stronger than both the Grand Supreme Kai and Kid Boo. His energy was enough to fuel MUI Goku, and generate more power for him. Goku himself said "I guess I dont have enough divine power" when he first tried destroying the crystal.

So Kid Buu can't use his divine power which by then would just be his own, but for what reason? Simply because? Buu can use all the techniques of those he absorbs, aside from arguably transformations. He also has all of their knowledge. I don't see why he would be unable to use divine power outside of "lol plot".

Based on what though?
Why would it be his own? Lmfao he got it from absorbing someone else. Oob inherited it by being born with it. You do know that's a false equivalence, right?

It's not as simple as me doubting it, it's that it doesn't make sense. There's a difference between me doubting that the Grand Priest is multiversal+, and it being nonsensical. And there's no real point where we see Dai Kaio helping Uub use it. He just sort of told him what to do from the looks of it. He also doesn't need to know how to use it. Even Bulma could give her energy without any help. It's like when Goku takes energy for the Spirit Bomb. It requires no knowledge or effort on the giver's part, they just raise their hands. That's because it's a retcon. God Ki didn't even exist back in the day, by that logic Shin is a mortal because his Ki could be sensed by the Z Fighters.

because that godly power was enough to charge goku back to his full power, that same power he used to humiliate Moro who was stated to be tougher than both Broly and Jiren by Goku. and goku himself who has seen the battle of gods of destruction said that Broly is probably stronger than Beerus
The most simple explanation is that Oob's God Power is stronger with him, than it was with the Grand Supreme Kai. He was born with it, and is a reincarnation of a primordial being. So Oob is a different kind of beast.

Buu can use the techniques and has the complete knowledge of those he absorbs. Yet I guess Kid Buu is unaware of and incapable of using the energy of someone he absorbs because "why not". Don't know why you're so aggressive about this, either.

You know I must say it is quite interesting to see that Majin Buu had this much potential on standby even if it is a retcon to the story, makes you wonder how strong Buu could've been if he trained

It's not as simple as me doubting it, it's that it doesn't make sense. There's a difference between me doubting that the Grand Priest is multiversal+, and it being nonsensical. And there's no real point where we see Dai Kaio helping Uub use it. He just sort of told him what to do from the looks of it. He also doesn't need to know how to use it. Even Bulma could give her energy without any help. It's like when Goku takes energy for the Spirit Bomb. It requires no knowledge or effort on the giver's part, they just raise their hands. That's because it's a retcon. God Ki didn't even exist back in the day, by that logic Shin is a mortal because his Ki could be sensed by the Z Fighters.
"Even Bulma" who lives around fighters and gave her energy before.

But you are purposely ignoring the fact its a false equivalence. Which is weird. The moment I pointed out the clear difference in situations and characters, you should have conceded the point.

Kid Boo wasnt the source of the power. He wasnt born with the power. It just so happened to be left inside him. Dormant. Proof? Everyone could sense Kid Boo's power the whole time. And the fact Kid Boo never used it. While Oob is born with the power, didnt get it from absorption accidentally.

I believe Toriyama stated that Kid Buu didn't even know how strong he was in an interview.
When was that though? If it wasn't sometime after DBS came out I severely doubt it was referring to this, or is Toriyama a genius who had the story thought of all the way until the end of the Moro arc.

When was that though? If it wasn't sometime after DBS came out I severely doubt it was referring to this, or is Toriyama a genius who had the story thought of all the way until the end of the Moro arc.
Doesn't matter if its referring to this. The fact that Toriyama designed Kid Boo's character this way, makes this relevant information. So its perfectly in character for Kid Boo not to access this power. He never even get a chance to. There's a lot of assumption on your side.

Buu can use the techniques and has the complete knowledge of those he absorbs. Yet I guess Kid Buu is unaware of and incapable of using the energy of someone he absorbs because "why not". Don't know why you're so aggressive about this, either.
I mean, the fact Oob and Kid Boo's characters' and situations are so different fundamentally, you should have conceded then. So who is really being more aggressive? Evidence is against you.

@RinneItachi before DBS.
He basically was asked how strong Majin Buu and he said that Buu's power fluctuated depending on his emotions (or something to that effect) and that even he didn't know his true strength, I'll send picture of the statement

"Even Bulma" who lives around fighters and gave her energy before.

But you are purposely ignoring the fact its a false equivalence. Which is weird. The moment I posted out the clear difference in situations and characters, you should have conceded the point.

Kid Boo wasnt the source of the power. He wasnt born with the power. It just so happened to be left inside him. Dormant. Proof? Everyone could sense Kid Boo's power the whole time. And the fact Kid Boo never used it. While Oob is born with the power, didnt get it from absorption accidentally.
A random, intelligent human who just so happens to see a lot of fighting and has given her energy Spirit Bomb's, something that literally only takes people raising their hands to use.

How is it a false equivalence? Gaining the strength, knowledge, and techniques of everyone he absorbs is completely different from being able to use an energy that someone uses?

God Ki literally didn't exist back then so it's an irrelevant point. And him not being the original user of it means nothing, and ignores the literal point of him absorbing people, which is to gain all of their capabilities. Hell, couldn't Moro use the divine power of those he copies the powers of? That's literally the same principle.

Screenshot_2020-11-20-14-50-05.png

Though I should correct myself, Toriyama actually said that Majin Buu's true power was unfathomable but unknown and even Buu doesn't know how strong he is

Which is stronger, merus earth moro or UI goku?
UI Goku is clearly superior. The only point where Moro overpowered him at all is when Goku went full "ooga booga" mode and tried to use brute force, with Moro just doing the smart thing and absorbing his energy. Keep in mind though that Merus was just an angel in training. Even if Goku is stronger than him (which is debatable itself), he's definitely not even close to actual angel level.

Is there still cope being thrown around about Moro being stronger than Beerus when the intent was clearly that Beerus was gonna clean up Moro almost instantly?

Wait did people actually think that Moro was stronger than Beerus? I was inactive for a while so I wouldn't have seen it.

I wouldn't say that Beerus would've dealt with Moro almost instantly though. Definitely would've beaten him without much issue though. Of course Toyotaro had to **** us in the end. ALL WE WANNA SEE IS BEERUS ******* FIGHTING. HE'S BEEN NIGH-IRRELEVANT SINCE BATTLE OF GODS MAN.

I'm just hoping that the anime version is more interesting. Inb4 Goku beats the Grand Priest after getting the second version of perfected UI that even the angels are unaware of.

Wait did people actually think that Moro was stronger than Beerus? I was inactive for a while so I wouldn't have seen it.

I wouldn't say that Beerus would've dealt with Moro almost instantly though. Definitely would've beaten him without much issue though. Of course Toyotaro had to **** us in the end. ALL WE WANNA SEE IS BEERUS ******* FIGHTING. HE'S BEEN NIGH-IRRELEVANT SINCE BATTLE OF GODS MAN.
Ever since Goku called Moro 'the toughest guy he fought', people have been talking about how that must mean he's stronger than Beerus since it make Moro stronger than Broly and Jiren.

I know how Dragon Ball ends.

Goku fights with a canonized SSJ5+KKX1000000 Xicor, then merges with the Super Dragon Balls to win, which allows him to manipulate reality in any way he desires on a tier 0 scale.

The most simple explanation is that Oob's God Power is stronger with him, than it was with the Grand Supreme Kai. He was born with it, and is a reincarnation of a primordial being. So Oob is a different kind of beast.
Dende said uub inherited the same godly power iirc

Last edited:
Simply, Kid Buu did not use, or did not know how to use divine Ki. This could be understood, since everyone could feel Buu's ki, but divine Ki cannot be felt by just any being.

Sorry for my bad English.

Based on current known evidence? Broly. Theoretically? Cell. He has the DNA of Frieza, King Cold, the Saiyan's, Piccolo, and the humans.

The humans alone can overcome pretty massive gaps in power if they have a goal to reach (even Yamcha went from likely still being fodder to Piccolo, to being on par with Raditz in 1 year of training, and was mistaken as Goku by the Android's after 3 years of training from the Mecha Frieza mini arc). Piccolo is in a similar stance to them. King Cold is unknown but could be similar to Frieza. Then you move on to the actual relevant ones. The Saiyan's have pretty much limitless potential, and very rapid growth (which can allow them to make massive leaps even during a fight), with Zenkai boosts on top of that. Frieza could also make up for the inconceivable gap in power between his Namek Saga self and the DBS Post-Beerus Saiyans with just 4 months of training. Even if we said that Frieza was peak star level, and that base RoF Goku was bare minimum universe level (just to lower the gap as much as possible), that would still be a 88,780,641,106,222,501,571,338,780,641,106,222,501,571,338,780,641 times ******* difference. Frieza could fight base Goku in just his standard final form. Of course, I doubt Toriyama intended for that big of a jump, but it still shows how much potential Frieza has. Cell literally has that alongside the potential, growth rate, and Zenkai boosts of the Saiyans. Oh, and as for forms, it's implied (although not confirmed) that he can turn Super Saiyan, as his aura seems to resemble a Super Saiyan's, with his Super Perfect state having a SSJ2-like aura, which would mean that he can use any transformations that Frieza or the Saiyan's have.

UI Goku is clearly superior. The only point where Moro overpowered him at all is when Goku went full "ooga booga" mode and tried to use brute force, with Moro just doing the smart thing and absorbing his energy. Keep in mind though that Merus was just an angel in training. Even if Goku is stronger than him (which is debatable itself), he's definitely not even close to actual angel level.
Moro being able to knock Goku out MUI crearly shows Moro's superiority...

Moro being able to knock Goku out MUI crearly shows Moro's superiority...
He literally did that via absorbing his energy, something Goku states, himself, which I directly mentioned in my post. Goku was easily avoiding, blocking, and powering through many of Moro's attacks before then.

Goku was blowing through Moro's hands, and was only stopped once the Energy Absorption caught up to him and the remaining fibers latched onto him.

Btw, someone mentioned it, but lol to the Super Dragon Balls being destroyed from the galaxy being destroyed. Why is Dragon Ball so weird about space?

Speaking of, Beerus not caring much about the galaxy getting destroyed is further proof that the Dragon Ball universe now has much more than 4 galaxies, as, of course, 1 single galaxy would be irrelevant out of billions. Where as it would be a pretty huge deal if there was still 4 galaxies.

Btw, someone mentioned it, but lol to the Super Dragon Balls being destroyed from the galaxy being destroyed. Why is Dragon Ball so weird about space?

Speaking of, Beerus not caring much about the galaxy getting destroyed is further proof that the Dragon Ball universe now has much more than 4 galaxies, as, of course, 1 single galaxy would be irrelevant out of billions. Where as it would be a pretty huge deal if there was still 4 galaxies.
beerus once destroyed the sun iirc, I think he didn't care because whis can reverse time easily, BTW I'm not saying that there are only 4 galaxies I agree that there are much more than that

Back