• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

So does Planet Moro have Merus’ full Angel powers or just the suppressed power that he was beating 73Moro with?

So does Planet Moro have Merus’ full Angel powers or just the suppressed power that he was beating 73Moro with?
Planet Moro is actually stronger than his Merus absorb form because he was actually kicking Goku's butt.
I don't believe that he had full control over Meru's power though, since Goku in this chapter stated that he doesn't believe he has Merus's strength.

Basically, if it wasn't for the Grand Priest calling in Beerus he would've killed Moro on the spot
N- no? All Beerus said was "It's a special case, so I'll lend a hand. ... I'm in big trouble if the other Gods of Destruction see me do this, so let's make it quick." It doesn't imply he could have killed Moro on the spot. Hell, if anything, it implies that Beerus would have just been a support to Goku.

Planet Moro is actually stronger than his Merus absorb form because he was actually kicking Goku's butt.
I don't believe that he had full control over Meru's power though, since Goku in this chapter stated that he doesn't believe he has Merus's strength.
Yes, I know that, that’s not what I was asking lol. Did he absorb Merus’ full Angel powers or just his suppressed power?

Goku wasnt on merus strength yet, moro wasnt kicking UI goku ass either he was only doing that when goku got weaker and while he was growing stronger by absorbing everyone energy piror to that he wasnt stronger than goku given fact goku was easily dodging and deflecting his attack

As for moro being stronger than his humanoid form. I would say not really in his planet form and piror to becoming the planet his energy was increasing/swelling yes but he doesnt have the advantages of being in his 73 humanoid form

so the Dai Kaio in his prime had a stronger power than even Vegeta who according to beerus is a candidate for a god of destruction and he was far weaker than now, can someone just tell me how Buu was able to eat the dai kaio or I'm gonna make a univesal upgrade thread for super Vegito lmaoo

unless Toyotaro wants to say that the dai kaio in his prime is stronger than beerus, the last chapter doesn't make any sense

because that godly power was enough to charge goku back to his full power, that same power he used to humiliate Moro who was stated to be tougher than both Broly and Jiren by Goku. and goku himself who has seen the battle of gods of destruction said that Broly is probably stronger than Beerus

so the Dai Kaio in his prime had a stronger power than even Vegeta who according to beerus is a candidate for a god of destruction and he was far weaker than now, can someone just tell me how Buu was able to eat the dai kaio or I'm gonna make a univesal upgrade thread for super Vegito lmaoo
Easy. He wasn't in his prime when he fought Buu. Y'know, the whole sacrificing majority of his power in order to seal Moro, thing.

If Beerus could kill Moro with Hakai, Goku could as well. He has the same technique. There's no implications that Beerus' still has a massively superior version. Also Whis blitz's even Beerus to such an extent that he couldn't perceive any movement. We can assume this isn't teleportation as he would just use it to travel between places when making interstellar trips.

Anyways doesn't this mean that Kid Buu had divine power, which he was skilled and experienced with using, capable of charging up Goku to MUI (beyond SSJB which was the extent the rest of the main cast could do), yet somehow was on par with SSJ3 Goku from the Buu Saga? Wtf is this powerscaling nonsense?

Easy. He wasn't in his prime when he fought Buu. Y'know, the whole sacrificing majority of his power in order to seal Moro, thing.
But it seems as though the manga is trying to imply it's his full divine power transferring over into Kid Buu, while Fat Buu got the weak end of the stick when they split during the Kid Buu fight, which also means that Goku was initially fighting against a full powered Kid Buu, with the divine power of the Dai Kaio, who should be on par with if not superior to Uub right now, who can give enough energy for Goku to use MUI. Either that or full power Dai Kaio would be massively beyond Uub and Kid Buu, the former of which could give enough energy for Goku to use MUI, even though Dai Kaio struggled against the original Moro, who would be incomparably weaker than in his planet state. Am I missing something?

I assume divine power =/= strength?

Whatever the case, it's pretty nonsensical.

I didn't mind the stuff discussed here as much as I thought I would - Big Goku, Planet Moro, Beerus fighting Moro, and Vegeta gathering Spirit Energy. The Uub thing was cute.

But holy shit, this ending felt super uber rushed. And another galaxy level statement. Maybe the manga needs a downgrade.

The latent abilities of Grand Supreme Kai were inherited by Kid Buu or Uub since he's a reincarnation. A question: Why didn't UI Goku use Instant Transmission to one shot Earth Moro?

But yeah it is possible divine power could be some weird exponential increase rather than normal Ki which is just linearly additional. Still doesn't explain why Kid Buu, who would if anything be stronger than Uub, was only on par with SSJ3 Goku in the Buu Saga, even though Uub with the same energy could allow Goku to use MUI.

Don't worry guys, in the next arc Goku unlocks his visual prowess, and uses it to show someone an illusion which gives us a look into the strange, incomprehensible mind of Toyotaro. There we'll see that Beerus is actually a mix of universe level, planet level, and building level. Whis is omnipotent, the Grand Priest and Zeno being higher forms of omnipotence. Goku is still trying to break past wall level. And Yamcha is still irrelevant despite being Goku's first rival.

That doesn't make much sense. I doubt that all of the divine power at his disposal would just be sitting there in Kid Buu doing literally nothing while he fights Goku, with him being completely unaware of it even though it's literally his own strength which he should be able to utilize at any point if he tries. Goku could control his God Ki just fine after becoming a Super Saiyan God, even though he should've still been roughly on par with Kid Buu just before then. And Kid Buu being focused only on destruction doesn't necessarily make him mindless. He still thinks, has emotions (although very limited in that regard), and can improve in combat. Although that would definitely make up for the nonsensical powerscaling if it was accepted.

But it seems as though the manga is trying to imply it's his full divine power transferring over into Kid Buu, while Fat Buu got the weak end of the stick when they split during the Kid Buu fight, which also means that Goku was initially fighting against a full powered Kid Buu, with the divine power of the Dai Kaio, who should be on par with if not superior to Uub right now, who can give enough energy for Goku to use MUI. Either that or full power Dai Kaio would be massively beyond Uub and Kid Buu, the former of which could give enough energy for Goku to use MUI, even though Dai Kaio struggled against the original Moro, who would be incomparably weaker than in his planet state. Am I missing something?
The Divine Power did pass over to Kid Boo. He just couldn't use it. That simple. Both South Supreme Kai and Grand Supreme Kai were much stronger than Kid Boo. Im assuming thats why he absorbed them, and not Ssj3 Goku.

And Oob is much stronger than Grand Supreme Kai. Just because he inherited his powe, doesn't mean he is of comparable power.

That doesn't make much sense. I doubt that all of the divine power at his disposal would just be sitting there in Kid Buu doing literally nothing while he fights Goku, with him being completely unaware of it even though it's literally his own strength which he should be able to utilize at any point if he tries. Goku could control his God Ki just fine after becoming a Super Saiyan God, even though he should've still been roughly on par with Kid Buu just before then. And Kid Buu being focused only on destruction doesn't necessarily make him mindless. He still thinks, has emotions (although very limited in that regard), and can improve in combat. Although that would definitely make up for the nonsensical powerscaling if it was accepted.
Just because you doubt it, doesn't mean it's not the reality. In this chapter, Grand Supreme Kai had to help Oob use that power. The fact Goku could sense his ki alone suggests he wasn't using the Divine Power.

So Kid Buu can't use his divine power which by then would just be his own, but for what reason? Simply because? Buu can use all the techniques of those he absorbs, aside from arguably transformations. He also has all of their knowledge. I don't see why he would be unable to use divine power outside of "lol plot".

Based on what though?

Back