• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Oozaru 23rd Budokai Goku would have a PL of 2600, which would make him Small Planet level (Oh wait, PL aren't really a thing here, nvm)
It was used by Nappa, Vegeta, Frieza etc so it would count. I am tempted to say 23rd Budokai Goku as well since his BP isn't stated in-game

Btw the profile was already made

I've never played Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, haven't you done Universal against Beerus?

I don't get It, Goku defeats Mira who is 3-B, and he only peaks at 3-C?

Since I was ignore I’ll say it again. Friezes should have an “higher with 100% power” since he still can do that during the tournament

I don't get It, Goku defeats Mira who is 3-B, and he only peaks at 3-C?
Wait I thought u can transform into any form and still beat Mira. That’s what I did, I wanted to test myself and I stayed in Base and just SSJ to see if I could beat Mira (I won easily)

Personally I think upscaling power levels linearly but restricting backscaling ( due to even 1.2x differences in them becoming a one shot vaporizing gap in universe) would rid us of so many problems with BoZ to Freeza Saga scaling.

Personally I think upscaling power levels linearly but restricting backscaling ( due to even 1.2x differences in them becoming a one shot vaporizing gap in universe) would rid us of so many problems with BoZ to Freeza Saga scaling.
......if we do upscaling linearly, so by rule we must do backscaling linearly as well, if a linear system is inconsistent for 1 then it also is for the other, since we would be backscaling either way

......if we do upscaling linearly, so by rule we must do backscaling linearly as well, if a linear system is inconsistent for 1 then it also is for the other, since we would be backscaling either way
No?
Power level increases result in exponential growth in power going by actual feats so even if we did away with scaling characters linearly you’re still left with the issue of a PL of 5 being 10-A at most, and a PL of 180 being 5-C coupled with Freezas destruction of planet vegeta at a PL of 530,000 which is calced at millions of times above 5-C despite the gap in PL between him and the weakest moon buster being less than 3000x

And let’s not pretend the accepted 50x of SS1, Kaioken and Freezas percentages of power don’t have a 1:1 correspondence with known power levels.

The suggestion is simple, scale characters linearly off the weakest feat they have as a baseline, after they reach, say, 5-C you scale them by how many times their PL is above that up until they reach 5-B ( vegetas planet buster ) and so on.

Backscaling doesn’t work because the feats vastly surpass the gaps between power levels, and whenever it is stated a character got 10x or so stronger they are clearly referring to BP not just their stats. linear scaling is a lowball if anything.

No?
Power level increases result in exponential growth in power going by actual feats so even if we did away with scaling characters linearly you’re still left with the issue of a PL of 5 being 10-A at most, and a PL of 180 being 5-C coupled with Freezas destruction of planet vegeta at a PL of 530,000 which is calced at millions of times above 5-C despite the gap in PL between him and the weakest moon buster being less than 3000x

And let’s not pretend the accepted 50x of SS1, Kaioken and Freezas percentages of power don’t have a 1:1 correspondence with known power levels.

The suggestion is simple, scale characters linearly off the weakest feat they have as a baseline, after they reach, say, 5-C you scale them by how many times their PL is above that up until they reach 5-B ( vegetas planet buster ) and so on.

Backscaling doesn’t work because the feats vastly surpass the gaps between power levels, and whenever it is stated a character got 10x or so stronger they are clearly referring to BP not just their stats. linear scaling is a lowball if anything.
This is a very arbitraly rule, give any reason for us to stop at the weakest? Does the series have any statement of such rule for us to do that way? Or is it just you trying to use a method that will give only benefits without any downside? Because ngl, the method you said is not really based on anything in the series, the cap for the downscaling/upscaling i mean

No?

This is arbitrary

This is a very arbitraly rule, give any reason for us to stop at the weakest? Does the series have any statement of such rule for us to do that way? Or is it just you trying to use a method that will give only benefits without any downside? Because ngl, the method you said is not really based on anything in the series, the cap for the downscaling/upscaling i mean.

The story very clearly portrays a narrative where a PL of 5 is human level and 180 is moonbuster level, how is this not enough to raise eyebrows at any attempts to backscale in general?

What do you mean only benefits? Restricting backscaling stops things such as BoZ Goku downscaling off Freezas feat which is millions of times stronger than anything he is ever even hyped to be able to perform, and the only reasoning people have for them is him getting 20x, 10x and 10x times stronger based off guide statements which big surprise also happen to be the actual gaps in powerlevels

BoZ Goku ~ 400
Saiyan Saga Goku ~ over 8,000
Ginyu Saga Goku ~ 80,000
Hypothetical Kaioken x10 GS Goku ~ 800,000

So yeah we currently scale and backscale characters in almost 1:1 correspondence with power levels, I’m only suggesting we drop the pretense that we aren’t.

The story very clearly portrays a narrative where a PL of 5 is human level and 180 is moonbuster level, how is this not enough to raise eyebrows at any attempts to backscale in general?
The story doesn't portray any narrative at all regarding PL because none of these feats where thought with PL in mind. PL take a consistent linear path after they are introduced, and the only glaring contradictions are from before they were even conceptualized.

The story doesn't portray any narrative at all regarding PL because none of these feats were thought with PL in mind. PL take a consistent linear path after they are introduced, and the only glaring contradictions are from before they were even conceptualized.

Raditz’ scouter has a normal human at a powerlevel of 5, piccolo with at most 500 can moon bust casually, from its introduction they are clearly shown to not be linear

........why are you acting as if i was defending backscale in the first place?

What do you mean only benefits? Restricting backscaling stops things such as BoZ Goku downscaling off Freezas feat which is millions of times stronger than anything he is ever even hyped to be able to perform, and the only reasoning people have for them is him getting 20x, 10x and 10x times stronger based off guide statements which big surprise also happen to be the actual gaps in powerlevels

BoZ Goku ~ 400
Saiyan Saga Goku ~ over 8,000
Ginyu Saga Goku ~ 80,000
Hypothetical Kaioken x10 GS Goku ~ 800,000

So yeah we currently scale and backscale characters in almost 1:1 correspondence with power levels, I’m only suggesting we drop the pretense that we aren’t.
.....you either follow a linear model or you don't, you can't go half way to multiply greater power based on the system unless said system is full out linear

Raditz’ scouter has a normal human at a powerlevel of 5, piccolo with at most 500 can moon bust casually, from its introduction they are clearly shown to not be linear
you admit that they aren't a linear system.....but then you want to use a linear system for them?

........why are you acting as if i was defending backscale in the first place?

.....you either follow a linear model or you don't, you can't go half way to multiply greater power based on the system unless said system is full out linear

you admit that they aren't a linear system.....but then you want to use a linear system for them?
PLs aren’t linear but they have an upwards trend that suggests they are exponential by both feats and showings, which is why linear upward scaling is suggested as lowball.

Great, you have one Z example of PL not being linear, I have loads of evidence of them showing linearity. Do you want to enter this discussion for real?

lowkey what if we were allowed to do equal stats for characters within the same tier

like if someone were 2-C and scaled to 1 universe higher and made it a stomp

doing like a 5-C and a 2-C shouldn't be allowed though cause that just feels spiteful

Great, you have one Z example of PL not being linear, I have loads of evidence of them showing linearity. Do you want to enter this discussion for real?

Just post the showings because they are useful, backscaling aside I think it’s far more jarring that certain people think they should be ignored for extrapolation but are fine with power increase statements that correspond with PLs 1:1 and only apply them to downscale.

2nd form Freeza at over 1,000,000 powerlevel is rated in scaling to be 2x stronger than 1st form whose PL is…

But for some reason Gokus base being 3,000,000 doesn’t count and he is only 50x stronger than second form Freeza?

At this point might as well use the actual numbers already in place and not pretend the statements didn’t also validate PLs as a measuring stick.

Guide : Post Kaio training Goku got 20x stronger than before !

What are their respective powerlevels?

400 and > 8,000 a whopping 20x difference

Conclusion : PLs can’t be used for scaling because they’re inconsistent / the guide meant in terms of strength not powerlevels it’s just a massive coincidence so we can’t use them.

I’m open to argue exclusively for just extrapolation off PLs if certain mods didn’t show their discontent at the prospect of chain backscaling in other threads which wether one likes it or not, can influence if something is applied in the end.

I heard Grade 4 and Grade 1 Super Saiyan are stated to be equal in the El Manga Legendario, is this true? I'll check myself too

I heard Grade 4 and Grade 1 Super Saiyan are stated to be equal in the El Manga Legendario, is this true? I'll check myself too
I don't remember that.

What I do remember is that Grade 4 was stated to have the same raw strength as Grade 3 without the other drawbacks, which in turn is stated to be 10x stronger than SSJ Grade 1 iirc. But I don't think the wiki uses this, for understandable reasons.

Grade 4 is the same concept as Perfected Super Saiyan Blue. Basically maximum Ki efficiency which makes the form much stronger.

I don't remember that.

What I do remember is that Grade 4 was stated to have the same raw strength as Grade 3 without the other drawbacks, which in turn is stated to be 10x stronger than SSJ Grade 1 iirc. But I don't think the wiki uses this, for understandable reasons.

Grade 4 is the same concept as Perfected Super Saiyan Blue. Basically maximum Ki efficiency which makes the form much stronger.
Nope. Grade 4 was never stated to be stronger than Grade 1 expect for just one risky source iirc

Back