• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

But does it even make sense that the world of the dead is a higher dimension, because it is located outside of the 4D Universe (I don't understand these things, but it would be timely if it were actually accepted here)

But does it even make sense that the world of the dead is a higher dimension, because it is located outside of the 4D Universe (I don't understand these things, but it would be timely if it were actually accepted here)
Given the fact that heaven which is as big as living universe completely disappears in its vastness and was stated to have no concept of time also a scan where it was called extradimensional space when goku was racing a kai on bike or smth I think it does but it would never be accepted here not to mention the fact you will get arguments like "it means higher dimension in geometric sense" or hyperbole

Last edited:
Speaking of ToP. Do y'all think post-ToP Base Goku is pre-ToP SSB Goku level? Base Goku and Frieza late ToP is relative Android 17 who before ToP is SSB level. Since Android 17 has infinite stamina he should have the same AP.

Given the fact that heaven which is as big as living universes completely disappears in its vastness and was stated to have no concept of time also a scan where it was called extradimensional space when goku was racing a kai on bike or smth I think it does but it would never be accepted here not to mention the fact you will get arguments like "it means higher dimension in geometric sense" or hyperbole
It would be so timely if this were accepted

Given the fact that heaven which is as big as living universes completely disappears in its vastness and was stated to have no concept of time also a scan where it was called extradimensional space when goku was racing a kai on bike or smth I think it does but it would never be accepted here not to mention the fact you will get arguments like "it means higher dimension in geometric sense" or hyperbole
bro heaven is NOT as big as living universes
latest

My knowledge over Dragon Ball is relatively limited, I watched the show back in 2020 or so, and never really touched on it again.

Calling these statements hyperbolic without a solid reason is obviously not an argument, I hope that's not the sole reason why these were not accepted. Eitherway, might be wrong, but Dragon Ball does separate the three layers of the Macrocosm with realms that don't have a concept of space, correct?

Ultima_Reality said:
"And this, itself, leads us to another possible counterpoint: The fact that a "lack" of dimensionality does not necessarily translate to superiority over dimensionality. That I refer to this as a fact should already inform the you that I don't disagree with this claim, and in fact it is objectively unrelated to this point, as we are talking about actual superiority over dimensionality, not simply an absence of it."
Don't even try it.

When he fought her, he basically won by circumventing the kaioshin's predictions of time, demonstrating that having vision of the future doesn't work on him.

Wouldn't that give Goku some casualness?

A non-dimensional physiology lacks the very properties of a dimensional thing, so something that is non-dimensional purely due to it's superiority over dimensionality is 1-A. So the Afterlife which "transcends dimensions", would be on the "superiority" bit and not the "alienness" bit, the problem then lies in what dimensions in this context means.

Dimensions, as repeatedly used in both daizenshuu and Dragon Ball is a reference to realms and universes, however, if we assume dimensions here to be a reference to dimensionality as a whole, then the Afterlife would transcend them, and would definitely have no dimensional property. So it's between Low 1-C and 1-A, you can't really get any lower with a statement like that.

There is another translation however, that claims a superiority over dimensionality as a whole, which would obviously leave no room for interpretation and be a clear cut case of qualitative superiority, thus 1-A.

A non-dimensional physiology lacks the very properties of a dimensional thing, so something that is non-dimensional purely due to it's superiority over dimensionality is 1-A. So the Afterlife which "transcends dimensions", would be on the "superiority" bit and not the "alienness" bit, the problem then lies in what dimensions in this context means.

Dimensions, as repeatedly used in both daizenshuu and Dragon Ball is a reference to realms and universes, however, if we assume dimensions here to be a reference to dimensionality as a whole, then the Afterlife would transcend them, and would definitely have no dimensional property. So it's between Low 1-C and 1-A, you can't really get any lower with a statement like that.

There is another translation however, that claims a superiority over dimensionality as a whole, which would obviously leave no room for interpretation and be a clear cut case of qualitative superiority, thus 1-A.
At most those scans you showed are 4-5D, they only state transcendental to the living worlds dimensionality, nothing about it lacking dimensionality outright

I was looking at episode 29, before a translation of the infinite expansion universe in the anime had appeared, but it seems like it's a bad translation, although here I could really have said that the Universe is infinite (if Akira Toriyama wanted to ), the universe is very big is mentioned several times in the anime, but we don't know how big it is.

I'm referring to this quote which is a bad translation

Look there are better chances of me becoming a billionaire then getting db to 1a using this arguments on vsbw

1-A seems like a stretch, I understand that, my post wasn’t to say that it is undoubtedly 1-A eitherway. But there is no way that statement is any lower then Low 1-C.

If one were to interpret it as a transcendence of the dimensions that have been shown to exist, then that would be clear cut Low 1-C, if one is to interpret it as a transcendence over the realms below it, it would still be Low 1-C.

She said her eyes couldn't follow him tho, same eyes were what she used her analytical technique through, implying that her precog itself failed completely
Interesting could be the case,but we can see goku has increased his speed followed by her quote that her eyes couldn't follow means she can't even see goku properly moreover react to him

Saying your transcendent by being adimensional is not enough, additional context and explanation to prove it is to the sufficient quantitative level is needed.

There is a mention where it is said that the other world lacks the concept of time, it is even mentioned in the manga.
Is that something related to this?

If you are superior to something purely due to your non-dimensional nature, that is QS, that's something we know for certain, as that the character in question is superior to a things dimensions due to it not having the same properties that this things dimensions are dependent on, so that can't be assumed to be reachable by any additional dimensions. I believe you posted a quote of a section in Ultimas thread that constantly reaffirmed that.

I'm fine with seeing the Afterlife as transcendent over whatever dimensions have been shown to exist with the previous translation, though, and I do question why we don't already accept that as higher-D.

There is a mention where it is said that the other world lacks the concept of time, it is even mentioned in the manga.
Is that something related to this?
The scan does not say that in the other world there is no time in the literal sense.

It says that time is not a thing, since Goku has no time limit with SSJ3 unlike the living world (when he is dead)

I asked a colleague to translate it and I posted it here several days ago.

Back