• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Before posting that level 1 crt, they should have asked for an opinion from one or two staff members who participated in hyperline crts and perhaps already had a vote from them at the beginning of the crt.
I also asked Planck (who even responded), but I think he and some other staff are too disappointed to participate anymore. Before I cut some stuff out, I basically cited revisions for other verses that were approved for Low 1-C timelines and gave this borderline threatening message that read “since Dragon Ball has the same justifications as these other verses, if you disagree, you’re effectively downgrading other cosmologies,” which isn’t remotely palatable. In retrospect, I don’t see how that stuff was supposed to bring other staff to our side.

I asked both DDT and Ultima on their profiles, but they didn’t respond.
So they should have waited, DB level 1 is already at a point so someone can make a discussion rule.

So starting to have no type of support from the team is quite dangerous.

I also asked Planck (who even responded), but I think he and some other staff are too disappointed to participate anymore. Before I cut some stuff out, I basically cited revisions for other verses that were approved for Low 1-C timelines and gave this borderline threatening message that read “since Dragon Ball has the same justifications as these other verses, if you disagree, you’re effectively downgrading other cosmologies,” which isn’t remotely palatable. In retrospect, I don’t see how that stuff was supposed to bring other staff to our side.
Yeah, that wasn't good.

Furthermore, before this crt was launched, they should have an opinion from someone who has already participated in this, as I said before. Like Planck itself, since it already used hypertimeline arguments.

The crt as it is now, it will be very difficult for you to put this forward.

Probably not a good idea, no, but I personally agree with your take.

Recapping movie in the Manga is a disaster.

We do get some funny things out of it tho, like a planet level robot Wasp.
Nah krillin in the manga could fight moros powered up prisoners, who are stronger then the ones a weakened ssj goku and Vegeta were getting beat by two months ago 🗿

So 2-C wasp

I know I said I wouldn’t refer to other verses again… but man, these FRA trains for the Kingdom Hearts and God of War hypertimeline CRT’s are insane.
IMG-6979.jpg

IMG-6977.jpg

I said I wouldn’t bring up other verses so as to not look bad in front of the staff, but I don’t care at this point. There were no perpendicular time flow arguments on the original threads, nor were there “higher dimensions need QS” takes. 90% of the staff who have viewed the DB thread in some capacity readily accepted the other threads, with no apprehension or “let’s see what Ultima/DDT think first” shenanigans. This is becoming a joke.

I know I said I wouldn’t refer to other verses again… but man, these FRA trains for the Kingdom Hearts and God of War hypertimeline CRT’s are insane.
IMG-6979.jpg

IMG-6977.jpg

I said I wouldn’t bring up other verses so as to not look bad in front of the staff, but I don’t care at this point. There were no perpendicular time flow arguments on the original threads, nor were there “higher dimensions need QS” takes. 90% of the staff who have viewed the DB thread in some capacity readily accepted the other threads, with no apprehension or “let’s see what Ultima/DDT think first” shenanigans. This is becoming a joke.
Difficult, they deny DB of being low 1-C, but accept other verses that have the same context and play even worse

In the case of GOW, they have many staff members together, so others just agree because you know, staff members.

There are many staff members who only vote when someone they trust agrees first.

That's why I told you to have some votes from the staff from the beginning before the crt launches.

Because otherwise several staff members simply don't vote because they don't want to change a big update to a big verse.

Pack it boys different dimension of time does not equate to different dimension of time and we can ignore accepted CRTs

Might as well close the crt atp it’s useless
I know we already had that drama with Hades joining this site just to complain about dragon ball being mistreated, but I’m wondering if I should just say screw it and go all out. By that, I mean reinstate the citations to other verses and so on.

Yeah, that's the VS Wiki. It ultimately boils down to a pretty small circle of people who have ultimate say on what is and is not allowed and as humans they are prone to bias.

I view this as just battleboarding politics. You gotta pander to the people with power to get things passed. People won't like me saying it but it's just the cold truth. Logic isn't really that useful if you don't got good ol' fashioned nepotism on your side.

I know we already had that drama with Hades joining this site just to complain about dragon ball being mistreated, but I’m wondering if I should just say screw it and go all out. By that, I mean reinstate the citations to other verses and so on.
I would say to wait for the staff response first. No point wasting your ammo prematurely.

Don't be cringe just because other people are being cringe, all that'll do is let people laugh at us more regardless of how fair it is.

Also yeah, it will just harm future stuff anyway regardless of how likely it would be to pass regardless.

If this doesn't end up being blocked by discussion rules, next time try to get votes from staff members from the beginning.

Like many crts, right from the start you see staff votes because you've already seen that.

(I made a castlevania crt myself and I already had a guaranteed vote before the crt was released)

Half of the problem is politics, the other half is that for some reason people just kinda fire from the hip expecting to get a direct hit. I don't get it.

Yeah so why answer at all? When enough staff gather then comment. Just bump the discussion why get baited into responding? I don't even wanna mess with DB threads anymore due to their notoriety. Just calm down and when staff come the op will elaborate. Now you are fighting against every random Tim and Hary that offer nothing beyond clogging the thread. Just basically stop talking and wait.

If this gets moved to Staff discussion noone can answer. So don't fricking talk beyond what's needed.
Also spoiler alert this thread doesn't look like it's going well.

Part of me feels like revision threads should have a sort of limitation on posts. Like you can only post once every 10 minutes perhaps? Or maybe locking discussion to a team of non-staff that were voted for?

Hyper timelines should just not be tier 1. Simple really. GoW, Dragon Ball, KH etc etc all wanked.
I can't even begin to really argue for Low 1-C standards because they are beyond me. and I question the validity of most tiers beyond 2-A even existing.

Back