• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

That's right.

Btw, personally I also found DBS Broly a good character too, at least it wasn't like his other counterpart who couldn't stop shouting "Kakaroooot!!!!" all the time tbh

That's right.

Btw, personally I also found DBS Broly a good character too, at least it wasn't like his other counterpart who couldn't stop shouting "Kakaroooot!!!!" all the time tbh
Only in his second movie version does old Broly get real hammy with that. In the first movie, he was a badass who basically talked and acted like the ultimate pro wrestling big guy heel, which makes him a favorite of mine. Only thing that was truly bad about him was his awful backstory, in my opinion.

When "HERO" by Flow began to play as SSJ Goku swaps hands with Beerus
yakuza-majima-dance.gif

BoG truly revived my love for Dragon Ball

When "HERO" by Flow began to play as SSJ Goku swaps hands with Beerus
yakuza-majima-dance.gif

BoG truly revived my love for Dragon Ball
It revived Dragon Ball in general. Without BoG we wouldn't have RoF, and without both of these movies, we wouldn't have DBS and the Dragon Ball renaissance in general.
In terms of actual influence, Battle of Gods is definitely the most important DB movie by far. It also helps that it's really good and fun. It had some iconic moments, interesting new characters and concepts, really funny moments, and amazing fights. Beerus and Whis are also goats, so I owe that movie for their existence.

Yeah, BoG is 🔥

Must be nice for Gohan to have his new big form have its original debut on the big screens. Can get marketing and appearances in other Dragon Ball media right away. Ultra Ego's gonna be stuck on paper until 2025.

Must be nice for Gohan to have his new big form have its original debut on the big screens. Can get marketing and appearances in other Dragon Ball media right away. Ultra Ego's gonna be stuck on paper until 2025.
Tbf it took a whole month for the new Gohan to be added in anything outside the film, but I get whatcha mean.

Imo, DBS: Broly>Battle of Gods>Super Hero>Wrath of the Dragon>Cooler's Revenge>RoF>Bojack movie>Dead Zone>Slug movie>Fusion Reborn>Android 13 movie>Turles movie>World's Strongest>Mecha Cooler movie>Broly movie 1>Broly movie 2>the Broly movie that must not be named.

I still think DBS: Broly is one of the best official things from Dragon Ball ever, and by far the best film. God tier animation, very solid voice acting, Broly is now an actually good, unique, and interesting character, both Broly and even Paragus now have more depth, the movie expanded upon Goku's and Vegeta's origins, especially with the canonical anime introduction of Gine, banger soundtrack, and actually has a good balance between light-hearted humor and seriousness. The movie even does a good job of making Frieza funny without destroying his intimidating presence. Best writing of any DB movie imo, and objectively the best animation by a mile.

Oh, we ranking the animated Z/Super movies now?

DBS: Broly > Super Hero > Battle of Gods > Fusion Reborn > Wrath of the Dragon > Dead Zone > History of Trunks > World's Strongest > Cooler's Revenge > Bardock: Father of Goku > Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan > Resurrection F > Tree of Might > Bio Broly > Lord Slug > Bojack Unbound > Broly - Second Coming > Super Android 13 > Return of Cooler

The Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans isn't a movie, and I've never seen the remake. I liked the music of the former a LOT, actually.

That's my opinion overall. To be honest, though, I'm so addicted to Dragon Ball that I could pretty easily rewatch any of them.

Fusion Reborn and the Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans (original) are two of my favs. Hatchiyacks transformation in the 1993 movie is executed so underrated

Imo, DBS: Broly>Battle of Gods>Super Hero>Wrath of the Dragon>Cooler's Revenge>RoF>Bojack movie>Dead Zone>Slug movie>Fusion Reborn>Android 13 movie>Turles movie>World's Strongest>Mecha Cooler movie>Broly movie 1>Broly movie 2>the Broly movie that must not be named.

I still think DBS: Broly is one of the best official things from Dragon Ball ever, and by far the best film. God tier animation, very solid voice acting, Broly is now an actually good, unique, and interesting character, both Broly and even Paragus now have more depth, the movie expanded upon Goku's and Vegeta's origins, especially with the canonical anime introduction of Gine, banger soundtrack, and actually has a good balance between light-hearted humor and seriousness. The movie even does a good job of making Frieza funny without destroying his intimidating presence. Best writing of any DB movie imo, and objectively the best animation by a mile.
That's my man!!...

DBS Broly was the most good honestly, at least regarding audience

Seeing all this discussion about DB characters lifting strength really shows how funny it is how relatively low they are compared to quite a few other verses. Like, even fodder characters from the first arc of One Piece are Class G which blows canon DB (Not counting telekinesis) out of the water. It's not too unsurprising given that the series is focused on martial arts and blowing things up with energy blasts instead of lifting up random heavy objects, but man it would be nice if they weren't so weak in lifting strength compared to how hard they can hit, wierd that planet to universe busters wouldn't be able to lift as much as Spider-Man or a random gohma from Zelda.

v9HWYi0.png
Mfw Toeiverse Raditz can beat Grand Priest in an arm wrestling contest

Really doubt they are gonna let the DBH guy have any influence in the plot
Do you really think it would be that bad?

So far Toriyama sucks so bad at using his own source material because of his memory. He rather comes up with new stuff out the blue instead of building up previous stuff he established like Oda does.

He introduced the Demon realm and has never used it despite its huge potential. His world building is straight up non existant despite introducing a huge cosmology..at least if we go by the standards of other mangaka.

Do you really think it would be that bad?

So far Toriyama sucks so bad at using his own source material because of his memory. He rather comes up with new stuff out the blue instead of building up previous stuff he established like Oda does.

He introduced the Demon realm and has never used it despite its huge potential. His world building is straight up non existant despite introducing a huge cosmology..at least if we go by the standards of other mangaka.

I didn't say I oppose it.

I would love to see Multiversal characters being canon, and I'm pretty sure new abilities will be added.

It's just that I'm not enterely sure they will let him have any other influence in the work beyond the art, tbh.

As the DBH guy is just a painter, not a writer.

Last edited:
Yoshitaka Nagayama is the writer of the Super Dragon Ball Heroes adaptations.
Well if that's true, I'm happy he is not working alone, and also that he doesn't hold all the power anymore.
Toyotaro seriously likes to downplay characters and make them pretty weak.

But now with the DBH mangaka, things are going to change.

Back