• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

That...would be interesting to say the least lol.

The epic clash of Matt and Seth.
Seth would murder him, not even joking or shit talking, it would be embarassing for the wiki, it wouldn't be epic at all.

Also it was funny how Seth basicaly fell in love with Cal and SomebodyData in that video.
Who's Seth?
A somewhat big VS debate youtuber who has already debated some admins of this site IIRC.

Noice

Out of respect and the succ maybe we should already make a thread concluding the topic?

Before our reputation is in the gutter I mean.
Nah, another thread would be pointless, it's just gonna be stone walled again, a debate with Seth would be interesting tho and would probably solve the issue.

Also it was funny how he compared being a VS wiki staff member to being a twitter checkmark.

So wait, was 5-C Roshi de-bunked? I thought the logic behind it was pretty sound.

What was the reasoning for it not going through?

The literal only complaint I have for Seth is that he got a little aggressive, but that's about it.

I also agree that claiming it's an outlier is ridiculous.

Man our sites rep might actually be at stake. We might possibly be treated as bad as that one comic debating website that wank DC and Marvel, but downplay everything else.

Outlier?

Seriously?

****, if this topic comes up again at any time in the future - please notify me, I will put my rusty debating hat back on and get in the ring with this shit.
Yup, basicaly they were like 'Roshi being a moon buster break the story because that would mean Tien scale to that' which is....just a bad argument because Tien scailing or not literaly doesn't change the story one bit.

And 'it break the story' was literaly never an accepted argument before, otherwise we would remove half the 'muliversal' and 'infinite speed' ratings (if not all of them) on the wiki.
The literal only complaint I have for Seth is that he got a little aggressive, but that's about it.

I also agree that claiming it's an outlier is ridiculous.
TBF, it's a stream, he has an audience to entertain and shit talking in a relaxed stream is pretty normal honestly.

What?

How does that, "break the story"?

Roshi only scales to Tien and later Goku, who don't have any other feats debunking anything AFAIK.

Man our sites rep might actually be at stake. We might possibly be treated as bad as that one comic debating website that wank DC and Marvel, but downplay everything else.
I mean, the reputation thing doesn't really matter IMO but it's kinda important for a wiki to be accurate, especialy when it's the stated goal here so you can't just ignore someone making a good argument that a page is innacurate.

What?

Roshi only scales to Tien and later Goku, who don't have any other feats debunking anything AFAIK.
I have no idea, they just repeated 'it break the story' like it made any sense.

Technicaly, King Piccolo also scale to Roshi but even then, King Piccolo also scale to a weakened Kami who still recreated the moon anyway.

What?

Something something King Piccolo only blows up a city and Piccolo Jr just blows up an island using his ultimate move and something something don't use ki control as a crutch, Vegeta almost blew up the planet using a Final Flash with "Ki Control" and it doesn't matter because explosive wave is the antithesis of ki control anyway or something.

That was generally the big arguments I saw.

What?

I think part of it might stem from the fact that Tien didn't do considerable damage to the planet with his Tri-Beam in his fight with Goku and also it seems they are completely against the idea of Ki control being a thing in OG Dragon Ball so using that as an argument as to why the Tri-Beam didn't **** up the earth is considered bad for them iirc.

Something something King Piccolo only blows up a city and Piccolo Jr just blows up an island using his ultimate move and something something don't use ki control as a crutch, Vegeta almost blew up the planet using a Final Flash with "Ki Control" and it doesn't matter because explosive wave is the antithesis of ki control anyway or something.

The 'explosion wave' argument is so ridiculously dumb that they had no counter when someone said 'WTF are you talking about ? Even their explosion have controled AOE, just look at Vegeta's final atonement', they had to pretend it wasn't there. It was legit funny to see.

Ki control is so completely a thing at every point in the series.

And weren't Trunks and Krillin scared that Vegeta wasn't controlling the effect of his Ki blasts, and actively thought he was going to destroy the planet because he "lost his mind" or whatever?

And saying explosions don't have AoE control is like saying Vegeta's Final Explosion is Mountain level or whatever because it didn't blow up the planet. Ridiculous.

They basically just hate ki control and how it basically answers almost all of the problems relating to unimpressive feats or attacks that should cause more damage.
Which is just funny when Ki control is just dragon ball bothering to explain something that happen in every work of fiction ever (Remember how half the multiversal guys on this wiki barely ******* wrecked cities when they fought most of the time? Remember how EGD's 2-A weapon barely does anything other than a cool light effect that's not even bigger than the mecha itself ?) without any explaination and yet so many people get so ******* pissed at DB for it, it's just crazy.

And I might be wrong, but it seems that some people hate utilizing newer lore to answer the problems of older lore (the example here being Ki control since it was mostly relevant in DBZ and Super so technically it might be considered newer lore, but it's being utilized to answer the problems of DB).

And I might be wrong, but it seems that some people hate utilizing newer lore to answer the problems of older lore (the example here being Ki control since it was mostly relevant in DBZ and Super so technically it might be considered newer lore, but it's being utilized to answer the problems of DB).
Yeah, because it mean they don't get to scream bad writing at something they want an excuse to shit on anymore so if an author improve his world building or answer stuff, they get really pissed (unless it's one of their pet vers)

That seems to be the case.

And I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the standard form of practice (not just for this site, but any site in general) is that new lore is prioritized over older lore unless it contradicts many things in the older one, which in this case, it doesn't.

Remember when they actively told us to stop using Ki control as an argument? Lol. Area of effect is already a thing in fiction. Dragon Ball has that plus Ki control.
What the heck...
AOE is a convention in fiction while Ki control is literaly just AOE as a direct in-universe rule and yet it's DB that's treated as the bad guy for not just ignoring it.

Completely out of the blue, but it would be cool to have a Master Mutaito page for the wiki, but since he lacks a lot of feats, it would probably have to be a Toei profile since that's where he has the most stuff (even though it's not much).

Eh. I'm fine with the anime being together with the movies.

I would say Buu is actually the most important for a Toei profile because scaling.

While I do heavily disagree with the conclusions made in that thread, I would promote not trying to get antagonistic with anyone (not saying anyone currently is, just a warning to not go that far).

But yes, Master Mutaito should get a profile, imo.

Back