• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Okay uhh...okay I think I got a good topic of discussion:

What movie villain do you think had a boat load of potential, but was squandered or underutilized one way or the other?
Turles. With the Tree of Might as an endless source of power growth, you can really get into some Vegeta-like character arcs with him by exploring why he maintained his evil nature even after escaping and largely becoming an actively powerful group in the universe in spite of Frieza. How he gained access to the ToM, how these Fruits work (and thus worldbuilding) given their origins for the Divine, etc. Plus since we know Turles intended to gank Frieza, there could be a really interesting interaction in which Goku already beat Frieza, but unlike Vegeta, whose pride that act tarnished, Turles doesn’t care. He was gunning for Frieza for the sake of a cosmic stranglehold. Something that occurs due to the classism of Saiyans, causing what essentially is a lack of pride. (Hence why he uses the Fruits casually without naturally attaining those levels of power like a “real” Saiyan would.)

How y'all feel about MLM relationships?
this-is-what-would-really-happen-to-goku-and-vegeta-if-they-v0-vy0rsauiyn8d1.jpeg

My post about the ecosystem ruffled some feathers off site I've heard. Seems they missed the over arching point. I didn't support Fuji making downgrades, I just said that she was server as a critical eye for verses that don't have any, regardless of if she was a good eye or not. So now some verses don't have any critical eyes.

When that happens, mass downgrades for things that never should've been accepted get made. Didn't think I needed to spell that out but people be maldin

Last edited:
Yajirobe being nerfed in the patches is the biggest different time period dissonance I felt in a while.

He's ripped straight out of BT3, literally same moveset and all BT3 didn't have patches so what we got stayed that way, I think he was decent but not remotely top tier (cause he couldn't fly), but I guess the changes SZ did to non-fliers and the different time period makes him too OP for the modern audience or something.

Yajirobe being nerfed in the patches is the biggest different time period dissonance I felt in a while.

He's ripped straight out of BT3, literally same moveset and all BT3 didn't have patches so what we got stayed that way, I think he was decent but not remotely top tier (cause he couldn't fly), but I guess the changes SZ did to non-fliers and the different time period makes him too OP for the modern audience or something.
skill issue

BT3 didn't have an online ranked mode where you had to form teams with DP costs in mind. SZ ranked is basically built around a stall meta via abusing Afterimage Strike and using the stall king Yajirobe to get the health advantage. Meanwhile in BT3 the comp meta is built around 3v3 matches where timing out isn't a valid strategy due to the timer being usually disabled or just so long nobody can realistically do it.

If SZ had a longer or nonexistent timer for DP Battle then Yajirobe would be considered mediocre or even outright trash.

BT3 didn't have an online ranked mode where you had to form teams with DP costs in mind. SZ ranked is basically built around a stall meta via abusing Afterimage Strike and using the stall king Yajirobe to get the health advantage. Meanwhile in BT3 the comp meta is built around 3v3 matches where timing out isn't a valid strategy due to the timer being usually disabled or just so long nobody can realistically do it.

If SZ had a longer or nonexistent timer for DP Battle then Yajirobe would be considered mediocre or even outright trash.
Yeah I figured someone was gonna correct me or that I was speaking out of my ass.

Thanks for explaining (and I'm bring sincere about it).

Question, does Cell know about Beerus and the Kaioshin? He claimed to possess all of Frieza's memories (although that might be anime only)

Last edited:
is that.....cannon to the Toei Timeline?
According to its own website and the film guide, yeah. It’s specifically stated to take place between the period between the Buu Saga and GT. (This is actually referenced in other material sometimes. For example, in XV2, GT Goku outright states “It’s been a long time since I’ve seen you, Beerus!”)

The issue is Akira later said he wrote BoG as if he was writing for the Original Manga, so it’s essentially Toriyama’s intent (to be Manga Canon) versus official statement made by the ones who own the film and had a lot of stuff worked out before Toriyama jumped in last minute to remake stuff behind the scenes.

Hence why I think we ignore it, especially since it’s then pretty clearly re-adapted by Toei and Toyo to align with the Manga-Canon Continuation Vision. Though, this technically isn’t the film proper, and given they have their own uniquely canon iteration, accepting it would not cause issues.

As far as I know.

According to its own website and the film guide, yeah. It’s specifically stated to take place between the period between the Buu Saga and GT. (This is actually referenced in other material sometimes. For example, in XV2, GT Goku outright states “It’s been a long time since I’ve seen you, Beerus!”)

The issue is Akira later said he wrote BoG as if he was writing for the Original Manga, so it’s essentially Toriyama’s intent (to be Manga Canon) versus official statement made by the ones who own the film and had a lot of stuff worked out before Toriyama jumped in last minute to remake stuff behind the scenes.

Hence why I think we ignore it, especially since it’s then pretty clearly re-adapted by Toei and Toyo to align with the Manga-Canon Continuation Vision. Though, this technically isn’t the film proper, and given they have their own uniquely canon iteration, accepting it would not cause issues.

As far as I know.
huh, does BoG, the movie version, have any statements about Beerus? aka.....does it have anything worth for the scalling?

Not that I know of, honestly. I may have to rewatch the film.
and look at interviews of it as well.....dunno if Beerus has a "can destroy the universe" statement somewhere, or if Goku still has the "we godamn can't beat this purple godly garfield with Vegito AAAAAAAHHHH" statement like in the anime

and look at interviews of it as well.....dunno if Beerus has a "can destroy the universe" statement somewhere, or if Goku still has the "we godamn can't beat this purple godly garfield with Vegito AAAAAAAHHHH" statement like in the anime
Yeah, Goku still doubts fusion would be enough in the movie. IIRC, Beerus had a statement of wiping out galaxies in an instant but that's about it.

Back