• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

That aside it dosen't change the fact Trunks time traveling back home dosen't make new timelines, he was in fact going home the very same world which he left.
Future Trunks doesn't have a home timeline, he popped from thin air into Timeline 3 because he's a copy of Timeline 1 Trunks, who popped into Timeline 2. And just like Timeline 1 Trunks he tried to return to Timeline 1, but instead he created another timeline where he knows Cell will try to steal his Time Machine.

Last edited:
Future Trunks doesn't have a home timeline, he popped from thin air into Timeline 3 because he's a copy of Timeline 1 Trunks, who popped into Timeline 2. And just like Timeline 1 Trunks he tried to return to Timeline 1, but instead he created another timeline where he knows Cell will try to steal his Time Machine.
Aa far as I'm aware your just wrong if trunks had just popped in from thin air he wouldn't have been able to return to his future, the express reason he was able to do that is because the act of going back to the past made a connection between the 2 worlds. He has to have a timeline he came from.

Aa far as I'm aware your just wrong if trunks had just popped in from thin air he wouldn't have been able to return to his future, the express reason he was able to do that is because the act of going back to the past made a connection between the 2 worlds. He has to have a timeline he came from.
The only rational way to look at this is that Cell going back also created an alternate version of the future timeline to allow Trunks to have a home to return too.

Interestingly, in the Battle of Gods guide that goes over "all the information you need to understand the movie," which has a Toriyama's direct involvement, quote...

Original work/story/character design Akira Toriyama dragon ball legend
The first new movie in about 17 years, “Dragon Ball Z: God and God”! Introducing the story. You can enjoy the movie even more by reading this book, which includes a variety of content such as Toriyama's rough illustrations and explanations of the "Dragon Ball" world!!

...has filler events from the Z-Anime, notably mostly Toriyama sourced content like the Kai Hierarchy, Pikkon, and most notably, the Bardock considered Goku's father. Toei's.

Screenshot-20240518-214024-Instasize.jpg

This is interesting, because Dragon Ball Minus and it's retcon happened in April 2014, whereas this Guide was released in conjunction with the Battle of Gods film in March 2013.

cover.jpg

"Thorough special feature just before release
Story & Character Explanation
Rough drawings drawn by Akira Toriyama for the movie version released
If you read it, you'll enjoy the movie even more! Basic knowledge of "Dragon Ball"
Masako Nozawa exclusive interview
Akira Toriyama special interview

March 30th Super expanded release nationwide."

This implies Toei Bardock was considered canon in relevance to the manga (as Toriyama went on record to say he made the film with the manga in mind) until he literally changed his mind within that year whilst coming up with Jaco the Patrolman. So it wasn't even something Toriyama had in mind when he worked on Battle of Gods, which is interesting to me. Also it implies that some of the filler events are in fact manga canon events, which we already kind of know, but it's interesting to see in "real time" how Toriyama considered how much of the Anime's content was in the Manga.

Interestingly, in the Battle of Gods guide that goes over "all the information you need to understand the movie," which has a Toriyama's direct involvement, quote...

Original work/story/character design Akira Toriyama dragon ball legend
The first new movie in about 17 years, “Dragon Ball Z: God and God”! Introducing the story. You can enjoy the movie even more by reading this book, which includes a variety of content such as Toriyama's rough illustrations and explanations of the "Dragon Ball" world!!

...has filler events from the Z-Anime, notably mostly Toriyama sourced content like the Kai Hierarchy, Pikkon, and most notably, the Bardock considered Goku's father. Toei's.

Screenshot-20240518-214024-Instasize.jpg

This is interesting, because Dragon Ball Minus and it's retcon happened in April 2014, whereas this Guide was released in conjunction with the Battle of Gods film in March 2013.

cover.jpg

"Thorough special feature just before release
Story & Character Explanation
Rough drawings drawn by Akira Toriyama for the movie version released
If you read it, you'll enjoy the movie even more! Basic knowledge of "Dragon Ball"
Masako Nozawa exclusive interview
Akira Toriyama special interview

March 30th Super expanded release nationwide."

This implies Toei Bardock was considered canon in relevance to the manga (as Toriyama went on record to say he made the film with the manga in mind) until he literally changed his mind within that year whilst coming up with Jaco the Patrolman. So it wasn't even something Toriyama had in mind when he worked on Battle of Gods, which is interesting to me. Also it implies that some of the filler events are in fact manga canon events, which we already kind of know, but it's interesting to see in "real time" how Toriyama considered how much of the Anime's content was in the Manga.
Everyone changes their mind, nothing stays the same.

Tbh I legit think the current official canon just has the bardock special and minus co existing hence both being referenced in the movie.

I understand this dosen't make sense but I'm sure it's the offical thing

The only rational way to look at this is that Cell going back also created an alternate version of the future timeline to allow Trunks to have a home to return too.
I guess that makes sense, Cell's trip to the past created an alternate future for Trunks to have a home he could return to because he has to return somewhere. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

oh. yeah, dude. don't worry. i just don't really know what to do here at the moment.
Well, you could help or oppose me on my efforts to get the Toei stuff in order. Currently I'm using this blog I created compiling how the movies themselves explicitly connect to each other and how there are more instances of film stuff within the Anime Continuity to try and get the Z films into the Z-Anime's Canon. Then I'm intending to finish working on the GT profile for Goku and get deeper into the other Toei Characters to fix their affairs too. (Ex. Toei Frieza and Toei Cell in GT should NOT be 2-C in my opinion. While they did train and get stronger, there's no reason to presume they got to that level, especially when the only 2-C character they fight casually defeats them)

Social Influencing; Instigating Fear.

Jeice cannot sense Ki, but he and Burter—only moments prior—were countered and blasted away without effort.
He, and Burter, felt fear in Goku's stillness, having understood his capabilities, even if only instinctively.
Doesn't this happen in the Original Anime as well? In the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai?

Back