• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball MWI undoing continuation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, given the cosmology was decomposited and the Anime and Manga should no longer be composite (since they don't fit together as parallel worlds and have different events) does this mean the 'likely 2-C' change will only be for the DBS Anime and the manga will be left untouched?

So, given the cosmology was decomposited and the Anime and Manga should no longer be composite (since they don't fit together as parallel worlds and have different events) does this mean the 'likely 2-C' change will only be for the DBS Anime and the manga will be left untouched?
not untouched since the Kaioshin realm still doesn't fit for universal size anymore, but yeah it will be just 2-C

not untouched since the Kaioshin realm still doesn't fit for universal size anymore, but yeah it will be just 2-C
Uh didn't we see in the manga that universe map is actually how the universe looks (whis showing those galaxy orbs was probably just for visual affect to better help Goku understand better)

If the votes stay the way they are until the weekend, he'll be 3-A, likely 2-C. And for characters that can destroy two macrocosms, 2-C, likely far higher

If we get another vote in agree, he'll be solidly 2-C. If we instead get another vote in disagree, he'll be 3-A
pretty sure he'll be low2c, likely 2c, not 3A if the votes remain the same.
even though we have the same macrocasm model in the dbs manga used in the guidebook for the dbs anime

Uh didn't we see in the manga that universe map is actually how the universe looks
ya dont wanna argue that given, well, ya know
(whis showing those galaxy orbs was probably just for visual affect to better help Goku understand better)
Why would Whis gaslight Goku like that, like Goku knows what heaven is
even though we have the same macrocasm model in the dbs manga used in the guidebook for the dbs anime
Yeah and we also have all the fuckys in the actual anime itself that take priority 🫠

Yes it should be Low 2-C at minimum because it was established in this thread that the Afterlife is definitely a different spacetime. It's just that scenes in the anime bring its actual size into question. Whereas the Toei anime and DBS Manga clearly utilise the Macrocosm model and don't contradict it like the Super anime does. IIRC destroying multiple spacetimes is inherently...space-time destruction and they were destroying the universe. Ergo Low 2-C.

I don't really understand why DB cosmology threads tend to rack up almost two pages every single day. I can't help but think threads like this simply need to be staff discussion threads if any meaningful progress is going to be made.
well.......my final thread about cosmoslogy i plan on trying to make it a regular thread again............if it becomes too much of a mess i will ask for closure to open up a new staff discussion thread, but since we are already here, close an end

can you give a vote? the summary of all points are linked in the OP, so no worries, you don't need to reach all 18 pages insanity

Edit1: The afterlife is supposedly called "the cosmos" which can mean universe, but some problems with it is how this term is seemingly used differently than the term universe and how the kanji used for it in japanese does not even mean"cosmos" at all with this all, i think we can have a disagree and agree section already for this manner
The fact that "cosmos" is explicitly used to contract against "the universe" indicates to me that they shouldn't be regarded as meaning the same thing. I'm not comfortable regarding it as such.

The fact that "cosmos" is explicitly used to contract against "the universe" indicates to me that they shouldn't be regarded as meaning the same thing. I'm not comfortable regarding it as such.
That’s not the only arguments. It’s stated that the afterlife is a counterpart to the living world, and makes up the upper half.

Human translation can be found here

That’s not the only arguments. It’s stated that the afterlife is a counterpart to the living world, and makes up the upper half.

Human translation can be found here
so you disagree with Universal Afterlife?
What exactly is the context through which this determination is being made? Who is being purported to scale to this, and how?

What exactly is the context through which this determination is being made? Who is being purported to scale to this, and how?
the "upper half" part is talking about the Macrocosm Model, seen as the statement has an arrow pointing directly at said model, as in, it is the "upper" half in that model, however that model is inaccurate in size several ways and isn't used in the DBS Anime as what the universe looks like at all, making that statement very dubious in of itself and unusable for the DBS Anime as it doesn't use it

as for "counterpart" its meaning has more to do with function rather than size, as in "a person or thing that has the same purpose as another one in a different place or organization" which is immediatly not true for the afterlife at all as it has a completely different function than the Living World/Normal universe

Basically, this is a cosmological thread. Anyone who scales to the macrocosm scales to the afterlife though. Since the afterlife is apart of Universe 7 and there’s other universes with their own afterlife.

The Living World being Low 2-C has pretty accepted, as it has straightforward qualifications for our Universe standards. The argument for the afterlife is also based off of trying to comply with the Universe standards, along with its own statements of being the upper half. So, it’s stated to be a counterpart to the living world, and stated to be the upper half of the sphere.

I want to note that the afterlife being stated to be the upper half is a statement. It’s not a conclusion we’re getting off of based on the map by visually looking at it.

All the realms being argued as Universes were concluded to be spatiotemporally separate a while back in the thread, what matters now is determining if they fit the Universal size requirements for Low 2-C.

The Living World is unanimously accepted as a Universe-sized space-time. If Universe-sized Afterlife is accepted, the Battle of Gods feat and those who scale will be 2-C. If not, the macrocosm-busting feats will be Low 2-C.

I want to note that the afterlife being stated to be the upper half is a statement. It’s not a conclusion we’re getting off of based on the map by visually looking at it.
👆I don’t want to extend the thread needlessly, but this point is worth stressing. We’re not concluding that Otherworld is half the macrocosm based off visuals only, or taking the map to scale as the sole argument. It was stated to be the upper half of the Macrocosm, and the obvious consequence of that is the Living World and Otherworld share roughly the same volume since, well… that’s how two halves work.

👆I don’t want to extend the thread needlessly, but this point is worth stressing. We’re not concluding that Otherworld is half the macrocosm based off visuals only, or taking the map to scale as the sole argument. It was stated to be the upper half of the Macrocosm, and the obvious consequence of that is the Living World and Otherworld share roughly the same volume since, well… that’s how two halves work.
It was stated to the be the upper half of the globe, globe here being clearly reference to the Macrocosm Map, as in it is deacribing the map, given the arrow that is pointing directly at it in the statement made

Can we just go with, "Likely 2-C" and close this thread? Since we have 3 staff agrees?
1 agree with "likely" Universal size, 2 with straight and 2 disagreeing, the only reason i am choosing to make this a "likely" rating is as a concession due to the extreme flood this thread, will need the next one to tap the other topics i wanted to deal with

More don't seem to be showing up.
hence why i am making a continuation thread to tap into the other parts that weren't about size....which the plan was to cover them here but you know.........everyone just flooded the heck out of the thread then people complain about me making the first one staff only at first

1 agree with "likely" Universal size, 2 with straight and 2 disagreeing, the only reason i am choosing to make this a "likely" rating is as a concession due to the extreme flood this thread, will need the next one to tap the other topics i wanted to deal with

hence why i am making a continuation thread to tap into the other parts that weren't about size....which the plan was to cover them here but you know.........everyone just flooded the heck out of the thread then people complain about me making the first one staff only at first
what other topics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back