• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Multipliers and its inconsistency

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
Hi. This is something I have problems with, not only me but some staff members as well.

Dragon Ball's rating for both speed and AP is based purely on multipliers.

About speed, they jump from Relativistic to Relativistic+, and then, the Relativistic+ speed becomes their base speed. After this, the base speed is multiplied to get FTL results. Same thing happens with the FTL rating, and then they multiplied to get FTL+ results. Funny thing is, there is two feats for this chain, this one with a result of 0.25c, and this with 0.14c. Both Relativistic. And honestly, a chain scaling from Relativistic to FTL+ with only one feat to support this is bullshit.

There is no reason to put them at FTL+ for stacking multipliers.

Agree for both AP and Speed.

Jumping from High 5-A to High 4-C on multipliers and superiority isn't the best thing.

Also,we will probably have to redo Frieza Destroying Vegeta since it was shown in Dragon Ball Super Broly.

Agreed on this being an issue. DBZ speed ratings have bothered me for some time.

What do you guys think about stacking multipliers? I mean, they have Rel+ base speed for being superior than a previous version with a multiplier.

Tbf, the entire section of the Freeza Saga to early Cell saga scaling needs to be revised, a lot of it seems somewhat arbitrary on how it upscales characters. The profiles go on an annoying scaling chain without putting up the effort on why some are rated as they are, other then "They're just stronger lol".

M3X said:
What do you guys think about stacking multipliers? I mean, they have Rel+ base speed for being superior than a previous version with a multiplier.
Im not a calc expert, but this practically screams calc stacking to me. Am I wrong?

I mean, ok I guess, but keeping all of them up to the Buu saga lower than FTL seems way too much since you have cases of characters blitzing each other from high hell and back.

Also, even if it's unrelated, and I get that we don't take Power Levels too seriously, but I find odd how from Raditz who is at least Baseline 5-B, someone like Ginyu, who should logically be over 45 times stronger than him, doesn't even manage to touch baseline 5-A

DMB 1 said:
I mean, ok I guess, but keeping all of them up to the Buu saga lower than FTL seems way too much since you have cases of characters blitzing each other from high hell and back.
The difference between near baseline FTL and FTL+ is way too big for a chain scaling. I mean, a lot of verses has a huge chain scaling but they don't have higher tiers in speed because of that. Look at NNT, they blitz each other every chapter but they still MHS+ for the majority of the verse

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Im not a calc expert, but this practically screams calc stacking to me. Am I wrong?
Calc stacking is results of one calc to another calc, while this is just a multiplier. It's not very good, but it's not calc stacking

The biggest thing that would need to be discussed is the Kaioken. It's currently accepted as a linear multiplier so it allowed for massive jumps in speed and AP.

I never said the multipliers were wrong or something, but using them to jumping tiers without support feats is wrong

Kaioken isn't accepted as a truly linear multiplier from what I know since it supposedly buffs Goku far more than 10 times.

This is multiplier stacking,if you can call it like that.

They get a certain rating via multipliers,than when this rating becomes their base fans multiply it by this same multiplier again,and that goes on.

Dzhindzholia said:
Agree for both AP and Speed.
Jumping from High 5-A to High 4-C on multipliers and superiority isn't the best thing.

Also,we will probably have to redo Frieza Destroying Vegeta since it was shown in Dragon Ball Super Broly.
iirc the old calc only did the planet, whereas dbs broly not only showed the planet destroyed but two moons either end of the planet too, correct?

I don't remember the DBS Broly Vegeta clearly.Its the last depiction of the feat,the movie is canon,so it should replace the old feat.

yea Frieza's Supernova destroyed both Planet Vegeta and it's two moons in the film at, from what I recall, the same time

I don't see the problem if characters canonically say they're as strong as they were back in X Saga using X Multiplier.

For instance if Goku during the Namek Saga in his base is stronger than Kaiokenx4 Goku back in Saiyan Saga, there should be no real reason for us to say "This isn't consistent! We can't use this!" even though that's exactly what happened canonically.

@Akreious

You don't see a problem here?

They use multipliers to get a tier and then use mutlipliers again to jump from that tier and than they do it again.Without feats to support the tiers.

Thats a bunch of bullshit.

Yeah,this is the problem here,people have hard time to accept DB being slower than it is right now,this doesn't make sense,sorry guys but its not our problems the verse gets only multipliers and not feats.

The Kaio-ken had be accepted as valid multiplier and as the best way to scale the characters, as there aren't that many other better methods, beside Power Levels which we don't use.

And personally it would be ridiculous having anyone from Frieza to Vegito to be put at "At least Relativistic, likely far higher", with all the many massive jumps in the series, i find hard to accept that someone like Majin Buu isn't even considered having possible FTL speed.

No one said they wouldnt be FTL. I don't even know why you guys are thinking about this.

its really hard to scale dragon ball reasons for this is all of its feats are either head cannon or just base on bad writting rationalize by a fan who rely on head cannon(head cannon=/=facts) i mean come on there is a chapter in the manga where they are being that is so called "multiversal plus" being murdered by roshi who is literally a furniture in a series you can argue he is training in secrets but that is really difficult to say especially when tien literally trains on most scene he is shown not offscreen most of this feats and power consistency are not being taken by toyataro too seriously he just write things just to make cool yet somehow many fans comes up with a weird conclusion of a supress power excuses( yeah lmao like the enemy who has nothing to do or any relation on roshi is supressing his power to fight him seriously..)many excuses is being use on this panel like caught off guard thing but at the end of the day its still a headcannon and another chapter will pass this so called headcannon excuses will be another discussion on "why is it like that and i though this is like this..." a like sentences

Bump.

Do we need to recalc Frieza's feat using the movie? And I think we all agree that the FTL+ rating is bullshit

I've been told it's not possible to calc Planet Vegeta's destruction in DBS: Broly because we don't see the explosion itself happening. Though if it can be calced somehow I think it should.

We know Planet Vegeta has 10x Earth's gravity regardless, so I don't think so.

Isn't there a calculation request thread where you could ask someone to recalc it?

DDM had the calc redone wielding High 4-C and had plans to discuss it but it never went anywere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back