• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball GT: Replacing the "Future Goku" Key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, I was doing research to make a post about this specific subject, I missed this thread being made. Anyway, I'll add some complimentary statements to this:
Screenshot_104.png

This interview comes from Dragon Box GT "Dragon Book" and is once again from Atsushi Maekawa the man who wrote the scripts for both GT's finale and A Hero's Legacy. You can see that he's trying to stay hush-hush about whether Goku is alive or not, his status, but Masako Nozawa ends up blowing the lid on this subject in her GT Perfect Files 2 interview:

Screenshot_106.png

So yeah, I agree FRA. As for what the change was exactly I don't believe it to be Power Nullification due to the animation showcasing the dust in the aftermath of the attacks and the way some of Omega's blasts were nudging Goku for a moment, so I'm leaning towards either Invulnerability due to Maekawa's statements, or a exponentially rising durability.
I say this because we see him go from Omega's ki blasts pushing him a little bit as he grit his teeth, to him ungritting his teeth as the blasts stop having an effect on him, to him then tanking the Minus Energy Ball (the very same thing that killed him just a few minutes earlier) unfazed with a big smile on his face.

I would also like to add that Post-Change Goku seems to have gained an advanced form of Dimension Travel, as he travels to Hell and back before sunset saying good-bye to Piccolo. I bring this up because throughout the series it's been shown that techniques like Instant Transmission and Kai-Kai cannot go into or out of Hell.

Last edited:
Bump. Also...
Oh wow, I was doing research to make a post about this specific subject, I missed this thread being made. Anyway, I'll add some complimentary statements to this:
Screenshot_104.png

This interview comes from Dragon Box GT "Dragon Book" and is once again from Atsushi Maekawa the man who wrote the scripts for both GT's finale and A Hero's Legacy. You can see that he's trying to stay hush-hush about whether Goku is alive or not, his status, but Masako Nozawa ends up blowing the lid on this subject in her GT Perfect Files 2 interview:

Screenshot_106.png

So yeah, I agree FRA. As for what the change was exactly I don't believe it to be Power Nullification due to the animation showcasing the dust in the aftermath of the attacks and the way some of Omega's blasts were nudging Goku for a moment, so I'm leaning towards either Invulnerability due to Maekawa's statements, or a exponentially rising durability.
I say this because we see him go from Omega's ki blasts pushing him a little bit as he grit his teeth, to him ungritting his teeth as the blasts stop having an effect on him, to him then tanking the Minus Energy Ball (the very same thing that killed him just a few minutes earlier) unfazed with a big smile on his face.

I would also like to add that Post-Change Goku seems to have gained an advanced form of Dimension Travel, as he travels to Hell and back before sunset saying good-bye to Piccolo. I bring this up because throughout the series it's been shown that techniques like Instant Transmission and Kai-Kai cannot go into or out of Hell.
@DarkDragonMedeus @Therefir Is there anything we can make of this, as far as abilities go?

Also, if Nozawa stated that Goku was actually dead when he killed Omega Shenron, should this Goku also have Type 7 Immortality?

I think it was Shenlong who carried Goku between dimensions.
Should Shenron get Dimensional Travel then?

And what do you think about Type 7 Immortality based on Masako Nozawa's statement of Goku being dead?

I'd say we go both ways, since statement and showings contradict each other.
Technically the latter has precedence, but idk.
We could give him possibly invulnerability/aura and possibly durability.

I also agree with immort type 7 and dimensional travel.

I'd say we go both ways, since statement and showings contradict each other.
Technically the latter has precedence, but idk.
We could give him possibly invulnerability/aura and possibly durability.

I also agree with immort type 7 and dimensional travel.
I'd say I'm more in support of 3-A stats, given what Invulnerability would entail, especially seeing how Goku can both be on Omega's level and still need the Spirit Bomb due to Omega's regeneration

I'm not sure Dimensional Travel should be applied to our Shenron page, though, since it is supposed to be his manga version.
Ah I see

Also question... Is it alright if I rename "Super Full Power Saiyan 4 Dragon Fist" to "Dragon Hammer"? As "Dragon Hammer" is the canon name of the attack in that key and it's way less redundant

I'm not sure Dimensional Travel should be applied to our Shenron page, though, since it is supposed to be his manga version.
That's a shame, it doesn't seem like we have an anime Shenron.
Also question... Is it alright if I rename "Super Full Power Saiyan 4 Dragon Fist" to "Dragon Hammer"? As "Dragon Hammer" is the canon name of the attack in that key and it's way less redundant
Canon takes precedent and it's much shorter, which makes it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back