• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked. DBZ Goku, Piccolo, Frieza, and Future Trunks are now unlocked. Not sure if any more need the same treatment though, but yeah

Question. Why do we assume ten times gravity = ten times mass? Mass and gravity dont work linearly and planets like jupiter have over a thousand times earths mass yet only 2.4 times gravity. If anything vegeta sounds like it should be way more dense unless its a lowball.

Gravity can vary depending on a multitude of factors; shape, volume/radius, density, ect. If the average density is the same as Earths, it needs 10x more radius and thus 1000x more mass to be 10 G's. But if the volume is the same, it simply needs 10x more average density. Though this also doesn't count the shape as the GBE calculator assumes the planet is a perfect sphere, which Earth is not for example and the shape actually has a GBE slightly more than what the calculator would give if you plugged in parameters.

I have recalculated the destruction of Planet Vegeta in the Broly movie, the result is 58 Ninatons (High 5-A), this lowers several characters to High 5-A.
Once again, we can't use that. Too many cuts in the scene, plus, we're not allowed to measure planet busting scenes like that anymore unless we also account for exactly when the last piece of debris left (Once again, the DBS anime does just that quite well). A recent CRT regarding Pokemon and its 5-B feats concluded as such (KE is usable only if the debris is shown to have left the screen, but in the DBS Broly scene, even when the explosion slows down and dissipates, we can still see a fair bit of debris left behind, whereas in the anime, nothing gets left behind). We have to be able to properly discern how long it took for the last of the debris to completely leave the screen.

Plus, you shouldn't have assumed that moon to be moon-sized, moons can vary wildly in diameter and aren't exactly concrete. The only size we are allowed to use is that Planet Vegeta is the same diameter as Earth bare minimum, but with 10x gravity and 10x mass. That's it.

So yeah, I'm rejecting that calc.

Last edited:
Also the CRT's been carried out already like, last month I think, thread should be closed.

Once again, we can't use that. Too many cuts in the scene
Here I am calculating the movement of debris before cutting.
we're not allowed to measure planet busting scenes like that anymore unless we also account for exactly when the last piece of debris left (Once again, the DBS anime does just that quite well). A recent CRT regarding Pokemon and its 5-B feats concluded as such. We have to be able to properly discern how long it took for the last of the debris to completely leave the screen.
I am not calculating the time it takes for the last piece of the screen to come off, I am calculating the speed at which the debris is moving at that precise moment.
Plus, you shouldn't have assumed that moon to be moon-sized, moons can vary wildly in diameter and aren't exactly concrete. The only size we are allowed to use is that Planet Vegeta is the same diameter as Earth bare minimum, but with 10x gravity and 10x mass. That's it.

So yeah, I'm rejecting that calc.
Well, then I'll use the diameter of the Earth. The result will still be High 5-A I guess.

Here I am calculating the movement of debris before cutting.
No, doesn't work like that, you need to calculate the full movement from full planet to the point where all the debris stops moving or has effectively disappeared from the screen altogether. Or else the entire calc is bunk. Even worse is that the scene cuts before the visor is even given a chance to show that the planet has left the view of the reflection.

I am not calculating the time it takes for the last piece of the screen to come off, I am calculating the speed at which the debris is moving at that precise moment.
Doesn't work like that fam, you need to calculate the amount of time it takes for the debris to stop moving or the amount of time it takes for the debris to effectively vanish from the screen (And it doesn't do even that, as the explosion comes to a screeching halt there is still a lot of tiny debris left in the original position of the planet). Plus, not all debris are moving here at the same speed. Some are moving fast, and the big chunks are moving slowly.

Well, then I'll use the diameter of the Earth. The result will still be High 5-A I guess.
Like I said, the above queries horribly fail with the DBS Broly version of the calc, and in the end it won't make a difference. So yeah, I'm still not gonna accept this.

Not only that, you only measured the distance from the outer rim of the original planet to the distance travelled by the debris, when in fact the distance should be from the mid-point of the planet to the outer edge reached by the debris. So that's already another big red-flag. If done correctly, the speed of the debris would increase to well over 5 million m/s at which point relativistic KE takes over.

But in the end, wouldn't matter anyway, as not all the debris have reached that outer edge, there's still large chunks in the middle, as we can see in these screenshots you took. Which proves that not all the debris are moving at that speed.

Last edited:
No, doesn't work like that, you need to calculate the full movement from full planet to the point where all the debris stops moving or has effectively disappeared from the screen altogether. Or else the entire calc is bunk. Even worse is that the scene cuts before the visor is even given a chance to show that the planet has left the view of the reflection.
It is not a matter of calculating the speed of the debris to obtain the KE? at the speed at which the debris was moving when refocusing on the destroyed planet the debris has already left Frieza's Scoute screen.
Doesn't work like that fam, you need to calculate the amount of time it takes for the debris to stop moving or the amount of time it takes for the debris to effectively vanish from the screen
It's not about calculating the speed at which the debris moves to get the KE? here you get that very easily because you see that the whole planet is moving at the same speed.
(And it doesn't do even that, as the explosion comes to a screeching halt there is still a lot of tiny debris left in the original position of the planet).
They are not in the same position, they are farther away from where they were.
Plus, not all debris are moving here at the same speed. Some are moving fast, and the big chunks are moving slowly.
Look at the scene when the planet explodes and you can see on Freezer's scouter that the pieces of the planet move at the same speed, after a few moments the last pieces slow down.
Like I said, the above queries horribly fail with the DBS Broly version of the calc, and in the end it won't make a difference.
Because it was miscalculated before, and yes it will make a difference because it drops a large majority to High 5-A.
So yeah, I'm still not gonna accept this.
Don't you think the same thing I mentioned about this new calculation should also apply to the anime calculation?

It is not a matter of calculating the speed of the debris to obtain the KE? at the speed at which the debris was moving when refocusing on the destroyed planet the debris has already left Frieza's Scoute screen.
EDIT: Oh, this? Yeah no, sorry pal, that's not what I'd call "already left Frieza's scouter screen".

This is an even worse scene to justify that. Again, the debris has to completely disappear from the screen and not take several cuts in the scene or take several seconds, both of which are committed in the movie BTW.

It's not about calculating the speed at which the debris moves to get the KE? here you get that very easily because you see that the whole planet is moving at the same speed.
Nope, you don't, there are still massive chunks in the middle that are travelling slowly. The outer edge debris are travelling much faster.

They are not in the same position, they are farther away from where they were.
Farther by how much, exactly? Because we both know it travelled further than that initial explosion scene and that in no way is the final distance covered by the debris before stopping. And they still haven't disappeared from our point of view, so I fail to see how that affects things.

Look at the scene when the planet explodes and you can see on Freezer's scouter that the pieces of the planet move at the same speed, after a few moments the last pieces slow down.
I did, and they don't. Massive chunks are seen in the middle and relatively smaller ones are also seen in the middle. Also, the last pieces are slowing down and they still haven't disappeared from the screen.

Because it was miscalculated before, and yes it will make a difference because it drops a large majority to High 5-A.
It wasn't miscalculated before, you're the one using a severely cut-up variant of said feat to calc its energy yield.

Also I said it wouldn't matter because the majority of the debris aren't travelling as fast as the debris on the edge. So you can't apply your speed to all that debris even.

Don't you think the same thing I mentioned about this new calculation should also apply to the anime calculation?
No, they won't, because in the anime feat majority of the debris just outright vanish from the screen within less than a second. All that is left are a few small pieces at the very edge of the screen on the left side which also disappear within the next few frames.

Last edited:
Not only that, you only measured the distance from the outer rim of the original planet to the distance travelled by the debris, when in fact the distance should be from the mid-point of the planet to the outer edge reached by the debris. So that's already another big red-flag. If done correctly, the speed of the debris would increase to well over 5 million m/s at which point relativistic KE takes over.

But in the end, wouldn't matter anyway, as not all the debris have reached that outer edge, there's still large chunks in the middle, as we can see in these screenshots you took. Which proves that not all the debris are moving at that speed.
That would be increasing the result without any sense, here I am calculating the distance that the whole planet traveled from point A to B. The central part of the planet did not reach that part I marked with red.

Once again, your screenshots obviously show large portions of the debris in the middle still taking their time to reach the outer edge of the debris, which already proves that all the debris aren't travelling at the same speed, which by default nulls your calc, which I've already mentioned in the above comments BTW. Plus you can't calculate like that anymore unless you have definitive proof that all those debris left Frieza's visor, which they don't, as the screenshots clearly show.

Also, regarding this point:

That would be increasing the result without any sense, here I am calculating the distance that the whole planet traveled from point A to B. The central part of the planet did not reach that part I marked with red.

Fam, I don't think you understand how planet-busting exactly works, do you?

Point A would be the planet's mid-point, point B would be the outer edge of the debris, it might not make sense to you, but bear in mind that it's not just the planet's outer surface getting yeeted, everything from the center is getting yeeted outwards. That is especially important to take into account since we're not just blowing up the surface, we're blowing everything inside the planet to smithereens and sending it hurling at maximum velocity. This is the standard for all planet-busting feats. Unless now you want to tell me all of the planet's mass is now concentrated on the surface? That makes even less sense than what you just prescribed.

Last edited:
Yeah I'll ask to close it

DBS Broly's version is not applicable because Frieza's scouter obscures the footage of the blast, while the DBS one is a pretty clear blast

Yeah I'll ask to close it

DBS Broly's version is not applicable because Frieza's scouter obscures the footage of the blast, while the DBS one is a pretty clear blast
And also all the other reasonings I just gave as to why Kulf Boba's calc is inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back