• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
You fell for my clickbait!

Goku's 8-C because he fought Nam, but Nam is also 8-C for fighting Goku. Worst part is there's no 8-C calc nor a single reason for them being 8-C.

Also, 21th Tournament Oozaru is listed as higher than 8-C while a previous version from a much weaker Goku is High 8-C.

So we need to revise the 8-C key and change it to whatever tier they should be at and upgrade 21TB Oozaru to High 8-C by normal powerscaling.

What I find funny is the fact that Nam and Goku in Dragon Ball have a Lifting Strength of Class 100, but we can't even get anyone to agree Goku/Vegeta/etc. are at least Class 100 in DBZ or DBS.

They are, but then Toriyama draws SS Vegeta not being able to lift 1,000 tons...even though he's trained in 400x gravity doing one-handed handstand pushups (49.28 tons body weight) x 50 SS (2,464 tons).

Calaca makes a thread to downgrade some characters AP and you all immediately start talking about lifting strength. Anyway I agree with these downgrades, and unless there's another feat I'm unaware of they should be listed as "At least 9-B" via being much stronger than Goku was before his training with Roshi.

Since the Oozaru is a x10 multiplier, his Oozaru form at the 21st WMAT should be at least High 8-C. Technically, it could be 8-B, dependin on how strong Goku was at the time. If we can rule he's about average 8-C, his attack potency would be 4.71E+9 J and Oozaru would be 4.71E+10 J which is just into 8-B.

1000 tons is PIS due to Frieza being able to literally lift and rip hills apart while Goku in Super lifts massive buckets with ease. And of course, Kid Goku lifting rocks and crushing them on the fly.

True. I watched Dragon Ball Z anime growing up and loved when SS Trunks effortlessly caught Frieza's Supernova. Is there any reason why we couldn't use E = MC^2 (M = E/C^2) to give a lowball estimate of SS Trunks' lifting strength? Frieza was going to blow up Earth, so we could lowball the Supernova as the gravitational binding energy of Earth. Android 18 produces infinite Star Level energy that we could calc from. We have the early anime TK feat of Piccolo lifting a pyramid while training for Nappa and Vegeta, though we could also calc from him blowing up the moon. The guy I asked, Antvasima, said the reason they remain Unknow is because of the lack of consistency in the series.

Didn't Roshi or someone else say Mr. Satan was a joke compared to the previous participants? I vaguely remember something like that.

Oh I think I'm thinking of the Budokai announcer that said the recent touraments were a snore compared to the old ones.

Nam made a very high jump during their fight. If somebody calculates that, it should probably give a result around 8-C.

I'm uncertain about that. I remember a discussion where someone said that punching a bull to space (happened in Punch-Out) would yield 9-B levels of energy.

Nah, they didn't punch the bull to space. Only into the horizon.

Also assuming you wanna make the bull enter escape velocity (11 km/s IIRC) the value jumps straight to City Block level. Assuming you also use the value of 1 ton for the bull. 14 tons of TNT to be exact.

Well, that's not a great difference. Nam jumped several tens meters and a bull is considerably heavier than him. Tier 8 levels of energy is dubious for something like that.

Nam jumped at least several hundred meters into the air, if I remember correctly, and it is the only feat to scale him from as far as I am aware.

That'd net him only above a 150-ish kilojoules assuming a height of 200 meters minimum and a healthy body weight of 75-80 kg. Way below BoG Kid Goku.

I agree that there's nothing to indicate 8-C, and Ozaru was able to reduce Pilaf's fortress to rubble. I know PL's a nonlinear; Movie Pamphlet should not be used at all, but Kaizenshuu is somewhat reliable albeit still uses the same arbitrary PL system. Still don't think we should use it though. Nam jumping really high isn't really anything behind a high up Tier 9.

However, I recall Prom made a thread a while back that Base Roshi actually struggled to fight Goku in 21st Budokai and doubted if he could even win. And he's obviously gotten stronger in 22nd budokai than he was in the 21st. But with all that said, I have doubts that they're any weaker than General Blue.

I also have some issues with that, but feats say a lot of different things.

Oh, and the Oozaru doesn't seem to have a calc. It's baseline High 8-C based on pure guesstimation, apparently.

I agree the castle crushing feat and Android #8 toppling Muscle Tower should be calculated.

Feel free to ask calc group members for help if you wish. Spino said that he is willing to help out until his school starts again for example.

I am fine with the changes from the OP, after reading the thread.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I agree the castle crushing feat and Android #8 toppling Muscle Tower should be calculated.
I just read this; I agree on this point. If the calculation is made, it should be more accurate and whatever tier is obtain I will be fine for Oozaru's transformation tier.

I got say if the changes are made, Yamcha and Krilli's 21st TB's key should be changed to 9-B; I am fine if it is handled in another thread though.

I think we should handle the 8-C and Oozaru matter now until we get those feats calced. We can discuss about them later.

Goku would be 9-B, higher as an Oozaru in both keys in the meantime.

That should be brought up in a different thread then. I find it unlikely that there's nothing that can't be scaled up to their lifting strength.

Can somebody link me the feats? It has been a long time since I read DB.

BTW, Roshi's listed as 8-B in Base. I think we should discuss about his keys in case he needs to get a split between 21 and 22nd BT.

I remember him stating he trained during those years to not get massively outclassed, but I might be misremembering that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back