• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball AP Ratings Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about SSJ2 Goku, Majin Vegeta and the rest of the Buu Saga tiers?
In the thread downgrading cell. It was said that no one would scale directly to it, altho multipliers do make them go higher than it eventually, with powerhouse cell's 10x multiplier as a base for scaling ssj2 gohan and super perfect cell

In the thread downgrading cell. It was said that no one would scale directly to it, altho multipliers do make them go higher than it eventually, with powerhouse cell's 10x multiplier as a base for scaling ssj2 gohan and super perfect cell
The new Broly Movie Frieza calc would probably make the higher up Buu Saga lads below it tho

Meh, we have to wait the results from that, we will cross that bridge when we get to it
We could probably argue for SSJ2 Majin Vegeta and Goku to scale above the father son kamehameha, from Vegeta stating that Goku is stronger than Gohan when he beat Cell

Would have the check the statement again tho

0264-008.png

0271-002.png

Only really have one issue. Gohan isn’t that strong. He was clearly weaker than Cell, only won off of mental amps and Vegeta’s shenanigans m. That’s it for now, I need to read the rest.

Only really have one issue. Gohan isn’t that strong. He was clearly weaker than Cell, only won off of mental amps and Vegeta’s shenanigans m. That’s it for now, I need to read the rest.
That doesn't matter, the point was to upscale SSJ2 Goku and Majin Vegeta from the Solar Kamehameha

"mental amps" just let Gohan access more of his dormant power, anyway.

"mental amps" just let Gohan access more of his dormant power, anyway.
the argument in the earlier thread was that the mental amp was a literal amp since "bravery" and "right mindness" are both things that Ki is made off, so someone giving you a mental amp you didn't had before = you receiving a literal amp

this is what was decided, so do what you will of that i suppose

When the **** was that decided? Gohan was explicitly holding back, and then he stopped holding back.
huh, well, that is the impression i got from the thread that downgraded cell, i may be mistaken, sorry for that if i am

if that wasn't decided, then i agree with scaling SSJ2 buu saga Goku and Majin Vegeta above the Father Son and Solar Kamehameha

When the **** was that decided? Gohan was explicitly holding back, and then he stopped holding back.
When was that decided? Cuz Goku was trying to hype him up? It's clear Goku brought out something from him that he normal doesn't have. That's an amp. And that amp was only shown above a distracted Cell. It's not a coincidence Goku only cheers on Gohan to realize his max, after Vegeta jumps in. That mf sneaky but he knew the true result 😂. There's no chance Gohan is 2x the power of Cell, especially off of such limited evidence.

there was one statement in El Manga Legendario that just flat-out states Gohan's Kamehameha surpassed Cell's, not to mention the fact that the early Boo arc heavily implies Gohan is viewed in a much greater light than Cell

there was one statement in El Manga Legendario that just flat-out states Gohan's Kamehameha surpassed Cell's
We saw.
not to mention the fact that the early Boo arc heavily implies Gohan is viewed in a much greater light than Cell
The early Buu Saga depicts Gohan as carefree, a slacker, out of shape, and out of practice—on the fast track to being surpassed by Goten.

It is precisely suggested by the dialogue that Gohan was worried that unleashing all the power he had left would destroy Earth or at least cause major damage

Despite this, his attack matched Cell's supercharged Kamehameha even though he didn't have any time to charge it as much as the latter
Panel literally shows Cell saying Farewell, implying Cell was just about to give the final burst, only stopped by Vegeta's antics. And once again, this is literally Goku hype talk.
there was one statement in El Manga Legendario that just flat-out states Gohan's Kamehameha surpassed Cell's, not to mention the fact that the early Boo arc heavily implies Gohan is viewed in a much greater light than Cell

As shown before, Cell never got to his full power. This argument doesn't even address the mental amp I said Gohan got. (Or the clear rage Gohan was under, which also should have powered Gohan beyond his normal limits.)

I disagree with SSJ Goku (DBS Manga) being 4-B. We don’t know if he could take on Kid Buu since at that point it’s more of a “leave it to your own imagination”

We already know Goku likes to test himself so to think could could take on Kid Buu with only SSJ should be looked at more. Also from the end of Buu saga fast forward to Goku image training, how long ago were they apart? r we looking at like months? or a year?

I disagree with SSJ Goku (DBS Manga) being 4-B. We don’t know if he could take on Kid Buu since at that point it’s more of a “leave it to your own imagination”

We already know Goku likes to test himself so to think could could take on Kid Buu with only SSJ should be looked at more. Also from the end of Buu saga fast forward to Goku image training, how long ago were they apart? r we looking at like months? or a year?
4 years bruh

The end of DBZ takes place in 774 and the start of DBS takes place in 778

4 years bruh

The end of DBZ takes place in 774 and the start of DBS takes place in 778
This is for the manga right? I mean even if that’s so, for us to just say “yeah he scales cause he was still a SSJ” when we don’t see how it will turn out isn’t right. I think he should be a “Likely 4-B” instead

This is for the manga right? I mean even if that’s so, for us to just say “yeah he scales cause he was still a SSJ” when we don’t see how it will turn out isn’t right. I think he should be a “Likely 4-B” instead
Did he literally one-shot Super Perfect Cell in his image training?

The early Buu Saga depicts Gohan as carefree, a slacker, out of shape, and out of practice—on the fast track to being surpassed by Goten.
I'm talking about Gohan's dormant power, which is still seen as a benchmark, and even said to be "stronger than anyone" by Goku, compared to Cell, who's just thrown out as on par with Dabura as if to say he's weak compared to Goku and Vegeta

one is clearly treated as far more impressive than the other
Panel literally shows Cell saying Farewell, implying Cell was just about to give the final burst, only stopped by Vegeta's antics.
are we going to ignore the fact that Cell also has an infinite energy generator which he can draw upon? either way, this would in no way affect Gohan's scaling to the Solar System level calc, which is explicitly at the start of the beam struggle.
As shown before, Cell never got to his full power. This argument doesn't even address the mental amp I said Gohan got.
amp or not, it wouldn't matter, as the point we're arguing is if SSJ2 Goku and Vegeta scale to Gohan when he killed Cell, which would include said amp.

There was no amp of any kind. Goku outright says Gohan is just holding back out of fear for the planet

When he gets the chance, he simply unleashes all of his remaining power

There was no amp of any kind. Goku outright says Gohan is just holding back out of fear for the planet

When he gets the chance, he simply unleashes all of his remaining power
well you're gonna have to take that up with all the statements that say Goku gave ki/power to Gohan...

Panel literally shows Cell saying Farewell, implying Cell was just about to give the final burst
Nothing ever implies Cell was delivering a "final burst". Gohan was actively being overpowered, and Cell explicitly released the Solar Kamehameha with "all [its] strength".
And once again, this is literally Goku hype talk.
Gohan not being able to draw out his full strength because of his inherent gentleness and fear of harming others is FIRMLY REAFFIRMED AT THE BEGINNING OF THE ******* FIGHT. WHY DO YOU THINK HE NEEDED ANDROID 16 TO DIE?
are we going to ignore the fact that Cell also has an infinite energy generator which he can draw upon?
Cell got tired.
Why do you think Goku gave Cell the Senzu...

Cell got tired.
Why do you think Goku gave Cell the Senzu...
I don't think Cell getting tired or losing Ki necessarily contradicts him being able to draw upon 17's infinite energy generator. We know from Dragon Ball Super (both manga and anime) that ki and the "energy" that 17 and 18 use are different, so I tend to go with the interpretation that Cell has two sources of stamina: one being his Ki, the other 17's Infinite Energy Generator which he situationally uses, like when he creates barriers.

Cell ever being tired explicitly contradicts the singular statement of Cell adopting 17's Infinite Energy Generator, considering the generator explicitly and demonstrably prevents 17 and 18 from getting tired.

Did he literally one-shot Super Perfect Cell in his image training?
Yeah but I saw a reasoning for “could take on Kid Buu” when we don’t know if he can actually

I mean we also don’t even know if it’s SPC to begin with. It’s just all assumptions at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back