• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dr. Clef vs Culexus Assassin: Battle of the anti magic operatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
Can't believe I didn't think of this until now. The two dudes who don't play nice with 1-B reality warping, assassins geared towards shutting down the supernatural.

Speed equalized.

Clef is High 8-C.

Battle takes place atop Lothric Castle.

Start 100m away from one another, without line of sight. Both know what the guy they're looking to kill looks like, though.

Dr. Clef: 3 (Iapitus The Impaler, Trooper564, Ninja274)

Culexus Assassi: 7 (Overlord775, Dargoo Faust, FateAlbane, LSirLancelotDuLacl, Edwardtruong2006, Mr. Bambu, TheC2)

Inconclusive:

Clef snake head by sunnyclockwork-d96g61e
Culexus

1-B. Pariahs like Culexus Assassins are essentially voids in the Warp itself, and CAs are further augmented to bolster their effects. CAs once cut off The Hive Mind from a group of nids, and a bunch of blanks gathered in an area once blocked out the Astronomicon of the Emperor. The Astronomicon is the beacon projected by the Emperor to allow for safe(ish) warp travel. Even in present, the Fortress of the Soulless (where the Culexuses stay when not on a mission) remains untouched by His light, and that's with their nature being somewhat restrained.

In general though, they scale to their opponent. 1-B's more a cap, and these guys can still be affected by stuff like the Chaos Gods, obviously.

I think it's against 682. However, from what I remember of that story the dunwich horror didn't immedately start summoning outer Gods anyways. It was one of the few Lovecraft monsters that was actually beaten.

In character it only uses summoning in mountains or hills, which feels important enough to add a note to his profile (Imma do that). It kinda stomps 682 in all likelyhood

I know Klef is ridiculously skilled at taking out threats like the assassin's, but what kind of feats do the assassins have in taking out hunters similar to their own? Imma have to go with Clef because I can't see just the basic powers of the Culex assassin apart from their null being anything special that Clef hasn't seen before. For these reasons, I vote Clef

As for their powerset beyond nullification:

• Their presence is known to deterioriate the minds of others. The more magicy you are, the worse it gets. When restrained, ordinary people can barely stand to be in the same room as one for a while, feeling nauseous and disoriented. Totally dropping the safeguard can cause bad migraines and disorientation, and has KOed people before. However, the effects are far, far worse if you're strong magically. Ahzek Ahrima astral projected too close to one and nearly lost his mind, going into siezures and convilsions when his true self was a solar system away.
  • Culexus Assassins can use the Etherium to phase in and out of reality. They can't just stay intangible forever, though.
  • In addition to the natural presence concealment of the Culexus and Stealth mastery, CAs are basically invisible. Regular brains don't want to percieve blanks, so they don't (or suffer the mental effects above). In addition to this, CAs are specifically seemingly immune to magical unconventional means of sight and machinery. I can nab a quote for this in a bit, but one once killed a guy just by walking up to him and burning his brain out because his Rubric Marines (Basically the souls of Thousand Sons trapped within automatons of dust, wouldn't be affected by CA powers) just didn't see him.
  • Even on non psykers, psyk out grenades cause unconsciousness.
  • Their anti-soul blasts are nasty, even if you're not a psyker or daemon.
  • Last but not least, their touch is death. It obliterates the soul in its entirety, including stuff that is tied to deeper parts of the warp. Punches have been known to kill, and if a CA gets a firm grasp on someone it's almost invariably fatal. As per SBA, the CA's Animus Specculum is set to allow them to be in instant kill mode from the start.
Skillwise, they're assassin's in 40k. That is to say they're some of the imperium's finest. I can explain a bit more in another post, but there's a reason sending any assassin is considered such a huge commitment. How are you Clef's skill feats? Don't know too much about him yet, all I've read is unfinished business, really.

Clef has this weird thing where he can't be captured on camera, and due to his own RW abilities all image of him have his face replaced by a random animal.

990.M32 A GHOST AMONGST DEVILS

The Culexus Assassin Dranos is sent to destroy the Sorcerer Xantaka before he can conjure any more daemonic legions from the Warp. Being all but invisible to not only the aethersight of Xantaka's Daemon armies but also his Rubricae bodyguard, Dranos simply walks up to the Sorcerer Xantaka and burns his brains to ash with a blast of negative energy.

Source: Dataslate: Officio Assassinorum

Skill

I have the assassinorum dataslate downloaded onto my phone, but off the top of my head:

• The Assassin training process is incredibly stringent. To be a candidate is considered a great feat on it's own, and by the end of the decades long process, about 10% will even be alive.
  • Assassins are required to know basically everything known to man about all alien and human biologies, social structures, cultures, behaviours, etc and have a complex knowledge on the inner workings of the Imperium.
  • Assassins are expected to be capable of functioning around the Galaxy on their own without further imperial support. Furthermore, since they're technically illegal Culexuses in particular are expected to be able to deal with inquisitors or rival branches of the very divided Imperium.
  • Assassins are capable of using stuff like the Sentinel Array and Spy Mask, which feed them an amount of information that could overload even a veteran space marine (Veteran meaning possibly hundreds or more years of experience). Assassins process this with ease, and in incredibly short time frames.
  • Assassins are treated as a bigger commitment than an army of imperial guard, and as more effective.
  • Assassins are so good at dodging it's been confused for some sort of supernatural aid.

Imma clarify my point a bit more. It's not just skill, but more so tactics. You can't martial arts your way around a reality Warper or SCP, but you can tactics your way to victory. In a straight up CQC the assassin would win, but in a game of tactics I stand by that Clef would come out on top

The assassin's sstill are, well, assassins. While CAs do have bullshit powers, remember that their purpose is not open combat (Eversors notwithstanding). Both are in unfamiliar ground, but the CA is trained extensively to function independently just about anywhere.

Nobody has prep, but they do start 100m away from one another at Lothric Castle without line of sight, knowing their Target's appearance and nothing more. Tactics and stalkings definitely are going to come into play in some way, so it's a valid point of debate.

Bump

Telekill should block any mind-based powers. This should include psyke grenades.

Clef is great at stealth but has no active abilities like the pseudo-presense concealment.

Telekill blocking soulhax is debatable; it's something 239 can do but it's through reality warping.

Clef usually wears a full set of telekill armor into combat; getting a touch in would be extremely difficult and I don't think it would transfer over through telekill.

That said they can just out-stealth Clef. He doesn't have Kondraki's camera/detection skills so sadly he's boned here. Not really sure what he can do to win if they passively neg his ability to view them past causing a Tornado; but even then that kind of environmental destruction doesn't actually harm characters with that high of a dura.

Culexus either takes this desisively or stomps.

I'll count that as a vote.

I just wanna point out a thing

The culexus assassins have affected the hive mind, which is either 1-C or 1-B to a level several magnitudes higher than the current rating of SCP top tier

SCP 1-Bs: 200000-D, likely countless more dimensions

40K 1-Bs: Too many for human language to describe-D

This is probably a stomp then, although there is currently talks of SCP getting infinite dimensions.

Power null doesn't nullify your ability to hit a CA until it dies, and intangibility isn't permanent.

Trooper564 said:
I'd say Clef FRA.
The only reasons given for Clef winning is that he out skills, which is false since the assassin is much better at combact

So there's no reasons above

The only reasons given for Clef winning is that he out skills, which is false since the assassin is much better at combact

I'm still going with Clef though

Overlord775 said:

No. The reason is that he out tactics. Dont misrepresent my vote.

Idk about superior tactics being entirely correct considering all I know of the guy is unfinished business and that relied heavily on 343 and his own innate resistance, but then again I haven't really provided assassin feats in this regard either.

Vote tally updated, also a bump

That doesn't make it not a big benefit though, considering they seem to be able to phase shift at will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back